It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump advocates banning protests

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: shooterbrody

Did I just hallucinate the past two years of Trump supporters arguing the president should have the authority to institute whatever policies he wants without judges and the like interfering? Travel ban?

Bueller?

lots of generalizations there,
perhaps one source of anyone saying trump should be able to do anything he wants?

oh and remember YOU were the one that posted this gem

A president should never be able to just do what he wants without compromising with those who think differently than him.

or are you actually a trump supporter?

Please, show me the contradiction in what I said. How does the last quote in your post contradict the first?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It has happened since 1934.

Trump haters dictatorial behavior.

I wonder why it gets ignored.

All yall have is transference.

Then there is the rest of that snip platform of Climate control,wall street control, and the pay your fair share snip.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Secession is not an act of war unless the nation refuses to adhere to the leaving state's wishes, in which case it's kidnapping on the macro level. The Southern states had the right to secede, Lincoln violated their rights, they fought back. AT the point SC seceded, the US government was criminally tresspassing on South Carolina land at Ft Sumter.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Trump haters gleefully cheer assault weapons bans( A PROTECTED RIGHT).

Then throw a hissy fit for people not being able to act like jacksnip at congressional hearings.

Effing hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What part of "Firing on Fort Sumter" do you not understand? Seceding from the country then firing on the soldiers stationed at a base in your state before even letting them leave is very much so an act of war.
edit on 5-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What part of "Firing on Fort Sumter" do you not understand?

Defending your own land against illegal squatters is now a declaration of war?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What part of "Firing on Fort Sumter" do you not understand? Seceding from the country then firing on the soldiers stationed at a base in your state before even letting them leave is very much so an act of war.

False flag.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What part of "Firing on Fort Sumter" do you not understand?

Defending your own land against illegal squatters is now a declaration of war?

Yes. The way this worked out, it was an act of war. Hence the Civil War happening.

link   

So you are a trump supporter?
As you were the only one sourced of course.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

False flag.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Now I've heard everything. I'm going to deploy a tactic you guys like using against liberals. If y'all believe in the CSA so much, why don't you leave the country and go form it up again?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If you ask Trump what the flag stood for he couldn’t even answer it.

He has no concept of the lofty principles this country was founded on, just a primitive concept of nationalism does he understand. Tribalism, or me myself and I.

He couldn’t even articulate the ideas of the founders of the country.

That's why you never hear him extrapolating on anything but native, primitive, tribal, pedestrian patriotism.

The old adage...

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel was made for Trump.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

What's stopping Trump haters from succeeding?

Too lazy?

Or the only thing yall have is paid protestors?

Can't wait til they unionize.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What's stopping Trump haters from succeeding?

Succeeding at what? The election is on November 6th, two months from now.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Would you prefer the usual mud pit circle jerk of yelling at each other and sniping each other's political beliefs with silly strawmen and ad hominems?

Absolutely not, hence why I'm providing facts and asking the same in return.

Got a source for that claim? That's a rather grandiose claim all things considered.

I read the story wrong, and this was some time ago, so I'm glad you made me research it again, he was going after journalists sources. He went after the most but a few times went after the journalists themselves if they wouldn't flip.

Trump is far from matching the total number of leak arrests of President Barack Obama — who rarely talked publicly about leakers until subpoenas were dropped and arrests were made.

Instead, the Obama administration has used the draconian 1917 law to prosecute more leakers and whistleblowers than all previous administrations combined. Under the cover of the Espionage Act and other laws, the administration has secretly obtained the emails and phone records of various reporters, and declared one of them — James Rosen of Fox News — a potential “co-conspirator” with his government source. Another reporter, James Risen of the New York Times, faced a jail sentence unless he revealed a government source (which he refused to do).

The Intercept

How do we hate Obama’s treatment of the press? Let me count the ways. Under his administration, the U.S. government has set a new record for withholding Freedom of Information Act requests, according to a recent Associated Press investigation.
Politico

Here is the story on the journalist the admin went after.

They point to the Obama administration's use of the Espionage Act to prosecute government employees more than any other administration in history, saying it is borne out of a necessity to viciously control the flow of information. In 2009, when Risen's subpoena first expired, the Obama administration took the unusual step of renewing it and continuing to pursue the case.

Earlier this summer, Risen failed in an attempt to have the Supreme Court review an order compelling him to testify about the sources in a book he published in 2006. He has vowed to fight on, but he has exhausted all legal options to halt the Justice Department's pursuit of him. He has vowed he is ready to go to jail, even telling his paper he has the books he will take with him already picked out. He could be the first reporter since The Times' Judith Miller in 2005 to go to jail for refusing to reveal the name of a source.

But that is exactly what many people think he's doing in the case of prosecuting Risen and others. Under Obama, the Justice Department has broadly increased leak investigations.

Business Insider

As for your response here.

I really don't see how Obama did anything as close to as bad as the Patriot Act.

He renewed it, gave it more power, and used it to assassinate a US citizen who was not convicted of a crime, and killed because he invoked terrorism with speech.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

So you are a trump supporter?
As you were the only one sourced of course.

Not at all. I could never support a president who wonders out loud why he can’t be a dictator. And continues and expands the drone program while handing it over to the CIA with the express purpose of less oversight.

The things that made me not like Obama, Trump strided past in the first weeks of his presidency. I’m just using the drone program as one example of why I’ll never be a Trump supporter.

Please, call me anything. A brain dead leftist, an idiot, I don’t care. But calling me a Trump supporter is hitting below the belt.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That was not a "protest" at Kavanaugh's hearing. Protest involves the act of lawful and peaceable assembly. It does not involve illegally obstructing the people's business and virulently shouting out of turn, and trying to speak over those who have the floor.

It is a total breach of decorum, civility, normalcy and lawful function of government. And Democrats do all this for what? Because we have different political views? Because we don't agree with their agenda/ideals? We have the right to have different opinions, view points, beliefs and vision for this country.

Elections have consequences. Maybe you all should've been more concerned with not losing the 2016 election, instead of trying to fight a culture war (anti-gun, anti-religion, etc) and install the first woman President you should've picked a good candidate people actually vote for. And vote for in big enough numbers to win the Presidential election through the electoral college (following the same rules every single other President had to)

So yes, ban their illegal activity. This isn't a protest. It is a bunch of whiny and petulant sore/bitter losers who are doing little more than lashing out in anger and throwing a tantrum: "If I can't have it, nobody can."
edit on 9/5/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I inquired and stopped short of declaring.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Quite correctly the fat, ugly people protesting at the Kavanaugh hearings were in fact thrown out.

I would humbly suggest that if those physical attributes were grounds for removal, they'd be playing "Hail to the Chief" for Mike Pence. Why not stick to what's relevant?

It's not the reason they were thrown out, but they were, in fact, fat and ugly. I suppose it should be given some thought as to whether attractive people should be given more leeway...
Ahhh...now I understand Fox News viewers!

Well, it is true that FOX do get more of a pass for their fake news because their presenters are more attractive. Only makes sense.

Those last three on the bottom right are ugly women, you sure they don't work at MSNBC?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Absolutely not, hence why I'm providing facts and asking the same in return.

Yeah. Me neither. You treat me right while talking to me, and I try to reciprocate in kind. That's my policy.

I read the story wrong, and this was some time ago, so I'm glad you made me research it again, he was going after journalists sources. He went after the most but a few times went after the journalists themselves if they wouldn't flip.

I can't argue with these numbers and this is one of the reasons I don't give Obama an A and am not even sure about the B+ rating. As I said, he isn't perfect and there are certainly things he did that I don't agree with, but here is the thing. Of ALL the policies Trump adopts from Obama, it has to be this one. Every other policy, many of which are very beneficial to the US population, gets gutted by him. Yet he goes after leakers aggressively too. I think the only saving point here is that he isn't as efficient and successful at catching them as Obama was.

As for your response here.

I really don't see how Obama did anything as close to as bad as the Patriot Act.

He renewed it, gave it more power, and used it to assassinate a US citizen who was not convicted of a crime, and killed because he invoked terrorism with speech.

Renewing it certainly isn't good, but I'd say that implementing the policy in the first place stands above the renewal as worse. Just like your point about going after leakers. Obama is clearly worse than Trump just from the fact that he started this trend, so by that logic then Bush would be worse that Obama when discussing the Patriot Act.

Also, keep in mind that Bush used the Patriot Act to justify torturing people.

In any case, I still stand by my point that comparatively, Trump is the worst President since Nixon if not ever.
edit on 5-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Fair enough. At the end of the day, many of the things we touched on are opinionated, I can't tell someone they are necessarily wrong, only give the way I see it.

You've seen my opinion before, I don't really care for any of the presidents I've seen. Even if I put them in order of which I liked more than the others, it wouldn't mean much for the guy on the top or the bottom, not much in between them.

That said, I don't like Trump, but I'm far from calling him a dictator, as I've said, and as the evidence shows (IMO), the last two were worse.

Good talk though. If people can actually do that, we might get somewhere one day.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join