It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump advocates banning protests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
link

He just doesn’t understand the nature of democracy and freedom. His catering to fascists is understandable in lieu of his own understanding of freedom and democracy

President Trump has a novel idea to improve the reputation of the U.S.: Ban protesters, such as the ones who disturbed the first day of confirmation hearings for his Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh. The man charged with defending the Constitution made the cringe-worthy comments in an Oval Office interview Tuesday with conservative news site The Daily Caller, saying, “I don’t know why they don’t take care of a situation like that... I think it’s embarrassing for the country to allow protesters. You don’t even know what side the protesters are on… In the old days, we used to throw them out. Today, I guess they just keep screaming.”

Trump has bristled at dissent in the past, including several instances in which he has suggested demonstrators should lose their jobs or be met with violence for speaking out.
In July, ahead of his visit to Britain, Trump told the Sun newspaper that reports of large-scale demonstrations against him in London — including a 20-foot-tall blimp depicting an angry baby Trump — had offended him.
“I guess when they put out blimps to make me feel unwelcome, no reason for me to go to London,” Trump said. Months earlier, Trump had implicitly rejected reports that his initial plans to visit in the spring were scuttled because of fears of protests.
Last September, Trump called on NFL owners to fire players who kneel during the national anthem to protest systemic racial injustice.
And in several appearances during the 2016 campaign, when demonstrators interrupted his rallies, Trump at times appeared to encourage violence against them.
Trump has also prompted cries of “dictator envy” for remarks in which he seemed to emulate North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. “He speaks, and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same,” Trump told Fox News Channel in an interview after his Singapore summit with the North Korean leader.

How much can Trump supporters take? How much proof do you need that your hero is a fascist-leaning demagogue?

Just ask yourself, honestly, what you would say if Hillary or Obama said things like this.

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Where did he advocate that? You didn’t even quote him. Let’s see if your claims hold any water or if you are guilty of spreading misinformation.
edit on 5-9-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
He's talking about banning protesters on the Senate floor, not overall. He's right - this circus in the confirmation hearings is disgraceful. Doesnt surprise me that these people are paid to cause a scene.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Misleading title, no quotes

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

Where did he advocate that? You didn’t even quote him. Let’s see if your claims hold any water.

Read, dude, read:

The man charged with defending the Constitution made the cringe-worthy comments in an Oval Office interview Tuesday with conservative news site The Daily Caller, saying, “I don’t know why they don’t take care of a situation like that... I think it’s embarrassing for the country to allow protesters. You don’t even know what side the protesters are on… In the old days, we used to throw them out. Today, I guess they just keep screaming.”

That is a very clear message.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Where did he advocate that? You didn’t even quote him. Let’s see if your claims hold any water.

Read, dude, read:

The man charged with defending the Constitution made the cringe-worthy comments in an Oval Office interview Tuesday with conservative news site The Daily Caller, saying, “I don’t know why they don’t take care of a situation like that... I think it’s embarrassing for the country to allow protesters. You don’t even know what side the protesters are on… In the old days, we used to throw them out. Today, I guess they just keep screaming.”

No it isn’t. He isnt advocating anything.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's a similar situation to when a leftist politician says, "we need to ban guns!".
And all the lefties say, don't be stupid no one is coming for your guns.

Don't be stupid. No one is going to take away your protesting jobs.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Read the quoted material in the op...

Do you have to be spoon fed?

Here is some of what's there

“I don’t know why they don’t take care of a situation like that... I think it’s embarrassing for the country to allow protesters. You don’t even know what side the protesters are on… In the old days, we used to throw them out. Today, I guess they just keep screaming.”

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They can have my protest when they pry it from my cold dead hands.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Was this perhaps related to the disruptive Democrat protests while they were trying to have a confirmation hearing?

Context is everything.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
link

He just doesn’t understand the nature of democracy and freedom. His catering to fascists is understandable in lieu of his own understanding of freedom and democracy

President Trump has a novel idea to improve the reputation of the U.S.: Ban protesters, such as the ones who disturbed the first day of confirmation hearings for his Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh. The man charged with defending the Constitution made the cringe-worthy comments in an Oval Office interview Tuesday with conservative news site The Daily Caller, saying, “I don’t know why they don’t take care of a situation like that... I think it’s embarrassing for the country to allow protesters. You don’t even know what side the protesters are on… In the old days, we used to throw them out. Today, I guess they just keep screaming.”

Trump has bristled at dissent in the past, including several instances in which he has suggested demonstrators should lose their jobs or be met with violence for speaking out.
In July, ahead of his visit to Britain, Trump told the Sun newspaper that reports of large-scale demonstrations against him in London — including a 20-foot-tall blimp depicting an angry baby Trump — had offended him.
“I guess when they put out blimps to make me feel unwelcome, no reason for me to go to London,” Trump said. Months earlier, Trump had implicitly rejected reports that his initial plans to visit in the spring were scuttled because of fears of protests.
Last September, Trump called on NFL owners to fire players who kneel during the national anthem to protest systemic racial injustice.
And in several appearances during the 2016 campaign, when demonstrators interrupted his rallies, Trump at times appeared to encourage violence against them.
Trump has also prompted cries of “dictator envy” for remarks in which he seemed to emulate North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. “He speaks, and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same,” Trump told Fox News Channel in an interview after his Singapore summit with the North Korean leader.

How much can Trump supporters take? How much proof do you need that your hero is a fascist-leaning demagogue?

Just ask yourself, honestly, what you would say if Hillary or Obama said things like this.

So you will kindly site the law showing protesting in the congressional gallery is allowed?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
They can have my protest when they pry it from my cold dead hands.

Be careful what you say here. Conservatives in charge of the government have fired on liberal protesters in the past. For instance, the last time the US had a totally corrupt President that actively hated on liberals and protestors, this happened.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I tried to research what you stated in your OP and could find absolutely nothing backing up your claim. Where are you getting your so call information, from Yahoo, CNN or ABC? Give us your source then we can discuss it.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

www.kent.edu...

Four Kent State students died as a result of the firing by the Guard.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Read, dude, read:

If that is in fact what he said, that is in no way stating that protesting should be banned. That is a vast, generalized and inaccurate statement.
edit on 5-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
So you will kindly site the law showing protesting in the congressional gallery is allowed?

Actually, if the default is set by a constitutional right to assembly, would it not be a rule exempting protest in the congressional gallery that needs to be produced?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You left out the "peaceably", but hey laws are different up there.
The portion you left out would legally cover the ejection of those not following the law.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That too.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Was this perhaps related to the disruptive Democrat protests while they were trying to have a confirmation hearing?

You mean the actors paid by Soros to have a circus instead of a confirmation hearing?

Yes.

Context is everything.

Not for the lefties.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

In the old days, we used to throw them out.

I’m wondering what “old days” Donald Trump is looking back with fondness at.

Nixon and King George III are the first ones that come to mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join