It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is the Gateway Pundit an acceptable source?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

HA Goodman is pretty smart though, he plays the youtube game, he only uses MSM sources for his topics. Makes it hard for Youtube to claim he is right wing hate speech or whatever. That is why I like him - he is playing their game while working against them.

Like I said, there is enough evidence out there to be able to make stories or points while using factual evidence.

While I don't watch MSM, sometimes they aren't bad to source. If you are saying someone said something and have a video of it, it's kind of hard to refute. Don't get me wrong though, they often take one little tidbit and build an "article" around it filled with buzzwords and what if's just as bad as blogs do.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I'm starting to miss Ebolaguy and whatever Zika tracker map he used.

He died of an infectious disease transmitted by mosquitos.

FFS man, he was just trying to warn us...

Almost a modern day Jesus.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

a reply to: CriticalStinker

How are CNN or MSNBC or Fox or ANY of them acceptable sources?

I didn't say they were the best sources. Those are corporate entertainment cable networks.

But this isn't about them, this is about Gateway Pundit.

I suppose part of my point is that Gateway Pundit is pretty much as shi*ty as any of them, these days. We can't trust Gateway Pundit and we can't trust the major news networks either. We're screwed. I think my comment was relevant to your thread.

Gateway Pundit is political tabloids.

Plenty of the MSM make mistakes here and there, we have many members who love to highlight that.

A trained eye can see when they have a nothing story filled with buzzwords to get attention. But at least they have plenty of stories you can cross verify the facts on.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

How is the gateway pundit an acceptable source?

Because they aren’t critical of Donald Trump.

That’s pretty much it. If they aren’t critical of the president, they must be telling the truth.

That’s all that’s required for most people on ATS to believe something.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

How are CNN or MSNBC or Fox or ANY of them acceptable sources?

I didn't say they were the best sources. Those are corporate entertainment cable networks.

But this isn't about them, this is about Gateway Pundit.

That's called a deflection. It is their popular weapon if choice.
Also a way to get mega stars.

Yea, and I've seen people use buzzfeed or opinion pieces to do the inverse.... But they aren't getting 50+ flags.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Sources that have proven to lie, should be taken with a grain of salt. Which would include most of the MSM at this point. Joking about the Onion, at least they have the decency to admit they are satire right from the start, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, none of them offer such a disclaimer.

I find that waiting on at lest two anonymous sources is the best way to find truth in any matter. (one guy may lie, but two? Never.)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
That’s all that’s required for most people on ATS to believe something.

I actually need something more substantial than that like a claim of '100% truth proven fact! YouTube video in OP!!!!!'.

The more exclamation points the more believable it is to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Same way Associated Press is.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I especially love it when people bold the important part of quotes. I just can’t help but to believe it then. Its like my brain turns to jello.

Bold=truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Sources that have proven to lie, should be taken with a grain of salt. Which would include most of the MSM at this point. Joking about the Onion, at least they have the decency to admit they are satire right from the start, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, none of them offer such a disclaimer.

I find that waiting on at lest two anonymous sources is the best way to find truth in any matter. (one guy may lie, but two? Never.)

What in your opinion are the acceptable MSM? I noticed you said most of.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

It isn’t. I’m certain it’s essentially a blog by some guy.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Possibly because they're proven to be accurate... Much of their stuff is initially disbelieved, turning out to be true. Unlike the Sugary B.S. the MM puts out where everyone frenzies over fudge to find those peanuts have already been eaten once...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Same way Associated Press is.

You're saying pundit blog and the Associated Press are on the same wavelength?

Here are their front pages today

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
Possibly because they're proven to be accurate... Much of their stuff is initially disbelieved, turning out to be true. Unlike the Sugary B.S. the MM puts out where everyone frenzies over fudge to find those peanuts have already been eaten once...

Lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

But we should vote with our dollar, or visit that provides ad revenue to respectable journalism.

You may think it biased but I vote with my dollar and the only subscription I allow myself on the Internet is the WSJ. They may lean righ on the Op Ed pages, but I dont read the Op Eds, I am more interested in the financial and business news.

But you are correct, if people turned off and tuned out of crap sites like CNN or Fox or worse, MSNBC, they would eventually fail financially. Problem is that theres still enough chowder heads addicted to Wolf Blitzers outrage, which in turn outrages the viewer, that they manage to survive.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
But you are correct, if people turned off and tuned out of crap sites like CNN or Fox or worse, MSNBC, they would eventually fail financially. Problem is that theres still enough chowder heads addicted to Wolf Blitzers outrage, which in turn outrages the viewer, that they manage to survive.

I used to be addicted to Kimberly Guilfoyle's bewbs but she got canned and now I only watch Fox for the lulz.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What's a Gateway Pundit? Gateway used to be a big supermarket chain in the UK. Is it a Pundit of grocery shopping?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
What's a Gateway Pundit? Gateway used to be a big supermarket chain in the UK. Is it a Pundit of grocery shopping?

Mystory solved.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This drives me nuts. People on this site will complain endlessly and immediately write off an entire post simply because the article in question is from CNN, etc but will automatically and fully believe a post that aligns with their beliefs, even if the source is completely dubious (twitter shouldn't be a source, ever). You'll notice the post a few up from mine putting the AP and Gateway Pundit in the same category (insert head shake here), it truly dumbs down the site.

It's the same reason why the vast majority of political posts are placed in the Mud Pit, that way members can just attack other members' character instead of defend the actual content. Half of the stuff placed in the Mud Pit wouldn't fly in the other political forums because certain members wouldn't be able to get their stars and flags for insulting other people and would have to defend the content of the post instead.

Deny Ignorance. Gateway Pundit is ignorance.
edit on 5-9-2018 by narrator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Guess as long as "their team wins", the ends justify the means. Sad state of affairs.

As I said in another thread earlier, I saw the most hope for America when both parties were poised to put up "anti-establishment" candidates. I though finally the masses of the citizens were realizing how disenfranchised they are by the people running the show.

My hope is running thin now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join