It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is the Gateway Pundit an acceptable source?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've noticed a few threads recently using Gateway Pundit "articles", and getting the most flags for the day.

Is it just because the title says what people want to hear? Typically they state "this could be the case" but never provide any substantial evidence.

Is this seriously what this site has come to? I mean, there is no shortage of true gripes and factual evidence to argue against politicians from any party, but why resort to using political tabloids just to fling S*** at the wall and hope it sticks? Sad part is, I think it does stick with many members.

Even sadder, many of these people used to call BS on stuff like that, and are still willing to do so if its CNN.

That is all.
edit on 5-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I prefer YourNewsWire or NaturalNews.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I prefer YourNewsWire or NaturalNews.

I'm starting to miss Ebolaguy and whatever Zika tracker map he used.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I'm starting to miss Ebolaguy and whatever Zika tracker map he used.

He died of an infectious disease transmitted by mosquitos.

link   
An anonymous source says you're full of #.

Yeah man. I don't even bother to point out the "might", "may", "a source said" crap anymore. People will take what they want to, truth be damned.

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

How am I anonymous?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

It is because Gateway Pundit has at times came up with some pretty serious things that did end up being true. I am not sure whether or not he corrects if wrong though.

I suppose one of the things that people need to get used to is that the normal MSM is dying. I think what is happening is people trust the "citizen journalist" moreso than the MSM these days. As a matter of fact I think that the MSM among the right wing has lost all credibility and is starting to lose the independent voter as well.

I also forecast that there is nothing the MSM can do about it. Nor the government. Nor the corporations.

I mean think of this, the main social media corporations tried to make Gab and Voat go away - and they almost did - but then they pulled their shadow banning and so on then low and behold Gab and Voat started getting twice as many users. Sort of the same as the infowars issue. They ban Alex and he gets more users than ever.

Basically you are in a paradigm of change.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I prefer the Enquirer , The Onion , etc. as my favorite media The Weekly World News ceased publication in 2007
However , I still get a lot of news from the Weekly World News online. (although it isnt as good as the old paper version)

edit on 9/5/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Sage words of advice, I'm sure you've seen these trends off and on a few times before being around these parts since close to inception.

The most disheartening part for me is, I know some of them know better, and yet they feed it because they know it will get traction.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How am I anonymous?

You're an alcoholic.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

How are CNN or MSNBC or Fox or ANY of them acceptable sources?

link   

As sad as this is people have a tendency to look at sites that fits ones own political ideology. Every day I see most blast others for using unnamed sources whilst at the same time believing in the same thing they bitch about. Q is a good example of this. All news in regards to the political arena is just flack. It may be entertaining, but again it is just flack. Propaganda at it’s best.

link   

You're an alcoholic.

Well, that makes total sense. I agree.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I'm all for MSM (corporate entertainment "news") fading away into the history books.

But we should vote with our dollar, or visit that provides ad revenue to respectable journalism. I'll admit it's few and far between and hard to find, but it's out there.

Not this blog garbage though.

Maybe they have been right a few times, so has Alex Jones, but that doesn't mean I'm going to quote him and use him as a source. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The most disheartening part for me is, I know some of them know better, and yet they feed it because they know it will get traction.

It's more like pushing an agenda. "Winning the hearts and minds of ATS." Pfft.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I didn't say they were the best sources. Those are corporate entertainment cable networks.

But this isn't about them, this is about Gateway Pundit.
edit on 5-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It's more like pushing an agenda. "Winning the hearts and minds of ATS." Pfft.

No, I don't think any of them are trying to win hearts and minds. The lines are drawn in the sand, and I don't think they are shifting that much.

It's more of a stars and flags pissing contest. Give stars to the titles we like, not the threads with content.

And I'm not saying only one side is guilty, I've seen questionable threads on the same level from other ideologies.... But there is no shortage of people calling those out.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The people that like Gateway Pundit as a news source are voting with their dollars. When he gets hits - he seems popular - when you have a popular blog, advertisers are more likely to court your page. I see that he gets about 1/2 million page views per day. Even with the tiny amount of advertisements he has on his page he probably makes a decent penny with his blog. Plus since he throws meat to his fans they probably donate to him in some decent amount.

I watch HA Goodman at times and he regularly gets about 200 bucks per live vlog.

HA Goodman is pretty smart though, he plays the youtube game, he only uses MSM sources for his topics. Makes it hard for Youtube to claim he is right wing hate speech or whatever.

That is why I like him - he is playing their game while working against them.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I didn't say they were the best sources. Those are corporate entertainment cable networks.

I suppose part of my point is that Gateway Pundit is pretty much as shi*ty as any of them, these days. We can't trust Gateway Pundit and we can't trust the major news networks either. We're screwed. I think my comment was relevant to your thread.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

That's called a deflection. It is their popular weapon if choice.
Also a way to get mega stars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join