It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation hearings - Day 2 /sigh

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Dr UAE

originally posted by: UKTruth
Lol, these protesters are making the Democrats look so pathetic!
hahahahaha.

i think to any American this shouldn't be a laughing matter, every body around the world is watching right now, this has never happened before and its a disgrace imo

It is annoying and it does make the Dems look bad, but, just think...in some countries, these protesters would be imprisoned for years if not executed. So, let 'em say their piece, then let the police do what they need to do to return order..

Most of these people are uninformed or stupid.
Example: Cher tweet (don't bust a gut laughing too hard) twitter.com...

i just replayed to this pos

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Dr UAE
have they just ran out of protesters and hooligans ?

More like they ran out of money......had to go to the ATM, but it's DC and they got shot in a "robbery gone wrong".

More like they ran out of moral people I hope

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What exactly do they think they are "resisting" anyhow? They are the ones attempting to impose their beliefs on our rights.

They dislike offensive speech, so they seek to ban or otherwise limit (sometimes through violence) the free speech of others. They dislike firearms, so they want to ban them or otherwise make private ownership impossible. They seemingly believe the right to be free from baseless government prosecution and political persecution is unimportant, given what we've seen regarding the Russia meddling probe (ie: they compare it to real disasters like Pearl Harbor or NYC WTC attacks).

They support intrusive big government. They support a system where citizens answer to government & NGO's like the Southern Poverty Law Center vs. one where government is beholden and accountable to citizens. They use the legal system to attack our interests and advance theirs, mainly because their party has pivoted so far to the left they are unable to win national elections (without a grassroots insurgent candidate like Obama).

They have corrupted the public discourse, leveraged the media to sling disinformation, rumor and innuendo as facts. They discredit our President and cause real harm to the nation by sabotaging his foreign policy ambitions (ie: Russia-hysteria & Jim Acosta trying to torpedo the NK summit as two examples). They continually insult the American right and attack us for our beliefs simply because they are different than their own. They assume a false position of moral superiority, attempting to dehumanize and delegitimize our arguments in lieu of an actual answer/rebuttal - because time and time again we've been shown they have no real rebuttal or argument. Just the same hate filled venom you see when a police officer has to use deadly force to defend himself or when (god forbid) a Republican President exercise his Constitutional right to appoint a jurist to the SCOTUS.

In short, they are resisting our resistance to their far-left political ideology and politics.

edit on 9/5/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Jeff Flake....ugh....another Trump hater trying to get Kavanaugh to say something against the president. Kavanaugh is not falling for it. Glad Flake will be gone at the end of his term.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Its funny finally got a break in my day so I went to the Gym, on the tvs were CNN, MSNBC, and Fox..

1 was covering the confirmation, the other two had about a half dozen people discussing how they have trump now after this anonymous source, backed up the other anonymous sources in the book.

I will let you guess who was covering which.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Mazie Hirono of Hawaii is super rude to Judge Kavanaugh. It is unbelievable that the Dems can't at least display professionalism and common civility when interviewing a judge for SC justice. She seems to have a real mean streak, not just argumentative, but full of hatred.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Mazie Hirono of Hawaii is super rude to Judge Kavanaugh. It is unbelievable that the Dems can't at least display professionalism and common civility when interviewing a judge for SC justice. She seems to have a real mean streak, not just argumentative, but full of hatred.

When you don't have a real agenda, hate is all you have left.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

What’s even more scary is that US citizens (who apparently don’t like the US) voted her into office through an election. HRC must have been the opponent! Only explanation...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: pavil

Not to mention her entire premise on assault weapons is based on a factually incorrect use of the term... semi automatic rifles are not assault weapons per definition.

Further, her saying ownership and possession doesn't equal use is fallacious and laughable.

Why would you own property if not to use it? Even if it sits in a safe it is being used for something (i.e. acquiring value, being stored for future use, etc.)

Sadly, you are wrong. Mariam-Webster changed the definition of assault rifles this year to include semi-automatic rifles that look like assault rifles. America died a little bit that day

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I'll have to check that out... I wonder how they define 'looks like'...

Either way - Come and Take It.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Lmao!! That’s exactly what I said to Andy06shake whenever he showed me. “Molon Labe”

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Uh oh...Corey Booker has pulled what he called "his Spartacus moment" and in defiance of Senate rules, has gone and released some 12 pages of emails marked "committee confidential" to the public. He said he is "knowingly" violating the Senate rules.
www.foxnews.com...
edit on 6-9-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Uh oh...Corey Booker has pulled what he called "his Spartacus moment" and in defiance of Senate rules, has gone and released some 12 pages of emails marked "committee confidential" to the public. He said he is "knowingly" violating the Senate rules.
www.foxnews.com...

Has he actually done it?
If so, he should be removed from the Senate today.

EDIt : I see he DID do it... and his big reveal is a dud. He was triggered, but i think he is going to find out he is in a minority of people who are upset by the reality of what Kavanaugh said in teh wake of 9/11.

In the email, Kavanaugh, who was working as a lawyer in the Bush White House, said he “generally” favored race-neutral security measures, but said they need to “grapple” with the “interim question of what to do before a truly effective and comprehensive race-neutral system is developed and implemented.” Kavanaugh wrote that the “interim question” is of “critical importance to the security of the airlines and American people in the next 6 months or so, especially given Al Qaeda’s track record of timing between terrorist incidents.”

That seems wholly reasonable to me.
Booker must have expected the country's intelligence services to target an equal number of Christians in the immediate effort to avoid another attack, just to meet his warped sense of justice.

Remove this idiot Booker.
edit on 6/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That release of confidential e-mails should result in public censure on the floor of the Senate, at the least.

Odds are, however, that it won't.

The GOP doesn't want dirty laundry exposed anymore than the Democrats do. To say otherwise is taking disingenuousness to a new, much lower, level.

Mr. Senator from New Jersey is trying to use this as a launching pad into Presidential politics. This Democrat has no use for him, or for any of the others on that committee. They're not even pretending to be ethical.

Compare the behavior of the Hawaiian senator, with the behaviour of Daniel Inouye during Watergate. The differences should be sickening.

Frankly, the entirety of this fiasco is embarrassing. The gop is hardly exempt from my contempt, either.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think he will find nobody but the MSM usual suspects and the hard core koolaid drinkers will be outraged by whats in the emails.

Most of the rest of America will probably go Meh, similar to what we have discussed, or they will go Meh I don't care.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I believe the emails/docs are/were being withheld just to make the dems look like whining babies. There is nothing in them that is bad and even Bush himself cleared them. Trump was the one that said no.....calculated play likely geared towards releasing the FISA applications and drowning the dems in crap.

This was the dems ploy before the 2018 elections to make the GOP look bad, yet they didnt realize it would backfire in the manner it has/will. FISA apps are about to be released and all hell is going to break loose.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Wow I hope so, and if it happens I hope ATS will focus more on discussing whats released rather crowing to much.

I consider myself fairly conservative but the last thing I want to see is ATS become a pure right wing echo chamber.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join