It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation hearings - Day 2 /sigh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Democrat Senator: Mister Kavanuagh, what number am I thinking of?

Kavanaugh: Uh, seven?

Democrat Senator: WRONG! It was eight! This is why America hates you!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Dem Senator: And here is a little video kids.

LOL

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The problem Lehey is going to have is he voted for Kavenaughs confirmation twice before, one being to the DC circuit. These questions never came up. It was never an issue.... until now.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Politicians have no problem with hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Mister Kavanuagh, what number am I thinking of?

911 ?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Kavanaugh: Uh, seven?

Democrat Senator: WRONG! It was eight! This is why America hates you!

----

Republican Senator: Mister Kavanaugh, what number am I thining of? (thinks of the number 3)

Kavanaugh: Two.

Republican Senator: Correct.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The crazies seem to be popping off every hour on the hour. Obviously coordinated today.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Kavanaugh: Uh,

Senator - no really I am asking you what number I was thinking of because I am so old I cant remember.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Why are all the protesters a combination of fat, ugly and stupid looking?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
LOL Lahey going after the judge on leaks is awesome.

He had to resign from the intelligence committee he chaired after getting caught leaking information.

Leahy Discloses He Quit Panel Over His Own Leak July 29, 1987

WASHINGTON — Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) disclosed Tuesday that he resigned from the Senate Intelligence Committee last January because he was responsible for the leak of a draft staff report on the panel's Iran- contra investigation.

Leahy said that quitting the committee was "a suitable way to express regret and anger" at the unauthorized release of the document.

He said in a statement that he had not intended to leak the report, which was not classified, but that he had been careless in allowing a reporter to examine the draft alone.

In addition to Leahy's written statement, Sens. David L. Boren (D-Okla.), committee chairman, and William S. Cohen (R-Me.), vice chairman, issued a separate joint statement disclosing the Jan. 13 resignation but not naming Leahy.

The intelligence committee's investigation was a forerunner of the more extensive Iran-contra inquiry now being conducted jointly by special panels. Boren and Cohen are members of the panels. Leahy is not.

The intelligence committee's investigation was conducted last year when Republicans controlled the Senate and Sen. Dave Durenberger (R-Minn.) was chairman of the panel. Leahy was vice chairman.

The report had been leaked to NBC, which aired a story on Jan. 11.

The committee's final version was considerably different from the leaked draft report.

Leahy said he was traveling in the Midwest early in January when he was informed that the unclassified draft report had been disclosed.

Leahy said that he then called Boren and admitted that the leaked report likely was his copy.

Leahy said he told Boren "that in a discussion with a member of the press who was questioning whether the committee was delaying release . . . for partisan reasons, he allowed the reporter to look at part of the unclassified draft to show that it was being held up because there were major gaps and other problems with it."

The lawmaker said that he was angry with himself "for carelessly allowing the press person to examine the unclassified draft and to be alone with it. There was no discussion of disclosure" and "no intention" that the report be made public, he said.

Tuesday's Cohen-Boren statement made clear that the disclosure did not constitute a breach of national security but noted that the committee had voted against releasing the report.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Because they are part of the "resistance". It seems to be their trademark.. Well that and not knowing what the Constitution is or what it says.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

It's not like any of this is a surprise.

The behavior, the obvious bias in the "questions", none of it. Anyone who is surprised hasn't been paying attention. Not that I'd blame anyone for missing out on this.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thus accomplishing little save looking like stooges with no real gripe other than politics as usual.

A democratic nominee, or maybe just not-trump nominee, and crickets from the gallery.

The supposed cleverness is anything but.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RumpleStiltskin

edit on 5-9-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Is Kavanaugh signaling that he's a Mason or the equivalent...wife's black and white shirt on 9/11...etc.?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: RumpleStiltskin

Worst part is Kavanaugh seems like a really good guy. I'm not sure what the Dems want, they opposed his appointment before he was even nominated and it is clear nothing he can say or do will stop their incessant bitching

He has already told them he believes settled law is just that, and has no intention to challenge those positions on his own volition. Besides, the left seems to be of the misconception that we aren't allowed to find faults with existing decisions/precedent and correct those mistakes, although Kavanaugh has not indicated this is his view

Whether Roe and PP vs. Casey are flawed decisions is above my pay grade, but having a mechanism in place to correct mistakes in jurisprudence is not a bad thing as the Dems are painting it. And he has absolutely no reason or motivation to lie, since those same Dems will vote "No" regardless of his answers and he'll still be confirmed unless there are widespread defections from both the GOP and Red State Dems who need conservative votes to get re-elected

...and I'd just like to add, the antics/hysteria from the crowd was despicable. His wife and children were present, no doubt hoping to take part/witness their Dad's supreme court confirmation hearing (a big deal!) and they were subjected to that Schumer # show. Do the Democrats have any shame left? Or did they shed it with the rest of their morals?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: cfnyaami

He's giving the 3 finger/circle salute

3%

(just kidding, don't want to give those hysterical Dems any thing else to spazz out over)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
And like clockwork....on the hour another Rrrreeeeeee!!!!! gets arrested....LoL

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

They all get profiled by the ones who hire them.

💥😃💥

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join