It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation hearings - Day 2 /sigh

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: UKTruth

Based on? He seems to have profound and varied glowing references, is very well spoken and seems honest to me...

Listen, hands up, I don't know. Just a feeling.
His answers seem to be pandering to issues and potential points of attack - in a somewhat forced way.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Don't like this guy - it seems like he saying what he thinks people want to hear.

The judge or Sen. Hatch?

The judge.
My reading of him is that he is corrupt - but just a feeling.

He has an impressive background. His answers are geared towards the bs Democrats have been complaining about. As we saw with Feinstein she interrupted him several times while he was answering those very questions. Sen. Hatch, and most likely the bulk of the Republicans on the committee, will tailor their questioning to address the crap democrats are throwing around.

Democrats know he is going to be confirmed regardless of what they do. They are now going to go with character assassination.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill
Kavanaugh keeps citing his experience in Bush Whitehouse...that might open the door for the documents to be released...

He has nothing to do with those documents. The bulk of what Democrats want werent even authored by the judge. They crossed his desk and went on to the intended recipients. Democrats know this (its been explained to them multiple times now) but they use it to push there fake outrage bs on not getting documents.
edit on 5-9-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I know some here don't like profiling, but why do they let pink dressed single women or groups of women into these hearings? You can predict that 80% of them are protestors. Shame on Senators if they had a hand on getting those people passes to the hearings.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
I know some here don't like profiling, but why do they let pink dressed single women or groups of women into these hearings? You can predict that 80% of them are protestors. Shame on Senators if they had a hand on getting those people passes to the hearings.

I've seen security remove men too as the protesting includes environmental, gun control and affordable care issues as well.

link   
This guy is on point with everything being thrown at him. Even with that embarrassing circus that was thrown at him yesterday, he maintained his composure very well. I see no reason to obstruct his nomination. As long as he maintains the laws and constitution ahead of political ideologies like he says he will....he’s great for the job!

link   

You can only attend these hearings if you are an invited guest.

The senators deliberately invited in protesters.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Don't like this guy - it seems like he saying what he thinks people want to hear.

The judge or Sen. Hatch?

The judge.
My reading of him is that he is corrupt - but just a feeling.

Keep in mind he was born and raised in DC

Not easy to keep the stigma and stereotype at bay.

🔑

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

That's your opinion and every one has a right to their opinion. I would agree that he seems very prepared for a lot of the aspects the Democrats planned to attack him on.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill
Kavanaugh keeps citing his experience in Bush Whitehouse...that might open the door for the documents to be released...

Heavily redacted of course.

🎃

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Because dressing like meg from Family Guy is protected by the first amendment so long as it conforms to the set dress code for business on the hill.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Keep an eye on the way Democrats ask their questions. They seem to like asking the ones that go directly to what Democrats are bitching about however they cut him off / steer the conversation when he starts answering.

Democrats are then going to complain he didnt answer their questions to their satisfaction.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Tricky they are.

The joke is right now Leahy is failing.

He's not quick enough 😁

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
He just got nailed.
He's lying.
...and he's a bad actor.
Seems to me he knew about stolen documents.
Look - I wanted him to be confirmed, but this is damaging from Leahy.

edit on 5/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Leah should have retired 20 years ago

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I disagree. Leahy tried to nail him and it fell apart.

That's the problem with these hearings - there is nothing in those emails showing he would have known stuff was stolen.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

He is going to be confirmed either way... they are just trying to trap him in a lie, don't doubt they have some additional information waiting to see if he confirms anything.

EDIT: Kav picked up on that, he just asked if there is any other email. Leathy is leading him into the trap.
Though, failed.
edit on 9/5/2018 by efabian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Leahy total fail.

Time to see The Doctor.

💥😃💥

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

He just got nailed.
He's lying.
...and he's a bad actor.
Seems to me he knew about stolen documents.
Look - I wanted him to be confirmed, but this is damaging from Leahy.

and as Grassley pointed out those documents are on the judicial committee website and have been. Lahey is trying to go into the area that was specifically excluded by privilege (executive / attorney).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join