It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another UK meat scandal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Where is the pleasure in that?!!!!!

I have read some of the reviews on Amazon for various super hot stuff - quite a few look like hospital jobs.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

When you get to the really hot stuff, you get a sort of buzz from it.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Endorphin release, apparently.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Bought US beef???? What's wrong with Japanese beef, what's it called WAGA or something. Supposed to be the bees knees is that.
On about chickens. I used to work with them a few years ago. Sometimes they cannibalise but mostly they feed them meal. Now a lot of that meal is derived from fish so they have to stop the fish meal a few weeks before the killing starts. That's why sometimes your roast chicken smells and tastes like fish because they haven't stopped the meal early enough.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm not at all surprised, go into a curry house my part of England and the options are chicken, lamb and meat. Needless to say I've never gone for the mystery meat option.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Do you ever get your meat from here?
rovesfarm.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Thanks for video, I think
, educating me into something I was unaware of in a way I understand

Proper Matrix moment

I wonder what actual healthy fresh meat tastes like, I guess the only way is to farm your own animals, I am sure there was more integrity years ago, its all about the ££$$ these days at EVERY level, not so much "Ignorance is bliss" more TPTB just aint honest once the ££$$ start flowing in.

edit on 5-9-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You really want to worry, look at some of the environmental health videos of the Kebab shops in UK cities. The stuff that goes into some of them is horrendous.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: musicismagic
Bought US beef???? What's wrong with Japanese beef, what's it called WAGA or something. Supposed to be the bees knees is that.
On about chickens. I used to work with them a few years ago. Sometimes they cannibalise but mostly they feed them meal. Now a lot of that meal is derived from fish so they have to stop the fish meal a few weeks before the killing starts. That's why sometimes your roast chicken smells and tastes like fish because they haven't stopped the meal early enough.

never run into fishy tasting chicken. but i have run into that issue with turkey, i always thought it had something to do with them eating fish. in the Philippines they actually stop feeding chickens anything but water for a day or so before killing to cleanse the meat.

and WAGU beef as well as KOBE beef are rather expensive from what i understand. i have seen an advertisement recently for i believe it was a WAGU sampler, that cost something like over $1000. and the way they treat the animals for things like that is an interesting thing all by it's self. while i can't remember which types of Japanese beef are which. i understand one type they actually massage the cow before killing. while for another type they apparently torture the cow to produce adrenalin before killing. and yet again this seems to affect both the taste and quality of it. never run into bad American beef. but Australian beef is pretty decent. although both of those are more expensive than the crappy tough native beef. in North America i have run into both pork and poultry that for some reason does not seem to cook. you can cook it like normal for hours (in one case over 6 hours before my mother gave up trying to make it "done"). never have figured out how that worked.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Do you ever get your meat from here?
rovesfarm.co.uk...

no, but looks good. We are lucky to have a great local butcher.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

We always buy free range chicken and eggs. We keep rescued hens from batteries that would otherwise go for slaughter for pet food.

They are in a right state when we get them, hardly any feathers.

Amazing how they soon revert to natural behaviour as they have never seen the sun or a blade of grass.

If you saw the state of them and their living conditions you would go free range too, although maybe you already are?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I wonder what actual healthy fresh meat tastes like

ha - if ever in Crete try these people out. They dry age their own grown beef. Magnificent

www.nonamecafe.gr...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

not seem to cook. you can cook it like normal for hours (in one case over 6 hours before my mother gave up trying to make it "done").

Possibly injected with water

www.theguardian.com...
"Supermarkets selling chicken that is nearly a fifth water"

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
www.nonamecafe.gr...
That link tried to take me to a very risky website...............my security system stopped me from going there!!!
edit on 7-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

not seem to cook. you can cook it like normal for hours (in one case over 6 hours before my mother gave up trying to make it "done").

Possibly injected with water

www.theguardian.com...
"Supermarkets selling chicken that is nearly a fifth water"

how would that keep it from cooking?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No problem my end. Just the restaurants website

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It doesnt grill but boils, making it tough