It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Spent Homeless Vet's $400k

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
"It's All Gone" - New Jersey Couple Spent Homeless Vet's $400k GoFundMe Cash

Somehow I was certain the SJWs of this story would be proven as bad guys. They exploit the goodwill of sympathetic people and play keep-away with hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations. Then they spend it on themselves. Sleazeballs who warrant a return to the days of tar and feathering.

Last October, Bobbitt came across Kate McClure after she had become stranded on the side of I-95 in a bad section of Philadelphia. Even though he was living on the streets, he used his last 20 dollars to buy her some gasoline so that she could get home. To thank him, McClure and her boyfriend Mark D’Amico created a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to help Bobbitt get off the streets. The original goal was to raise $10,000, but the story went mega-viral and the campaign ultimately raised a total of $403,000.

I truly hope the courts make an example of these people.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I wonder if they could be charged under mail fraud for this?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

I hope they both lose their jobs and go to jail. This is theft on a HUGE scale.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
I wonder if they could be charged under mail fraud for this?

There are State laws regarding mail fraud. And its a felony.
Actually there is more to this story then what was stated above. But as a Veteran myself that has been in a situation of troubled and difficult times, if someone raised money for me and kept it, I'd be fkn pissed as all hell.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Bobbitt is a tweeker

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Bobbitt is a tweeker

not sure what you mean?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia
I hope they both lose their jobs and go to jail. This is theft on a HUGE scale.

I saw an interview they did with Megyn Kelly. They made believe they still had the guy's money, when all along it was spent.

No one could ever trust them. If one of 'em worked for me, I'd fire 'em on-the-spot.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You know, just when you think you've seen it all, where being extra-ordinarily low rent is concerned, someone comes along and proves to you just how wrong you can be.

Wow. I wonder if their parents are proud of them? Their children, though I most fervently hope they don't have any, too?

In a hot second they'd be gone. Utterly untrustworthy thieves, who will be noticed eventually, effecting my business adversely. Fired, instantly.
edit on 9/4/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Something about this seems off, and not the couple alone. I've been paying attention to comment sections in various news articles, and it seems there's a number of people claiming they gave him a LOT more than he says (i.e all of it) and he blew through it via old debts, giving it away, booze, drugs, etc. It might not be that out of the question, big jackpot lottery winners can go broke faster than a homeless guy with a couple hundred grand.

Before we tar and feather the two, we really should wait and see what the records inquiry finds. If that shows they did in fact end up giving it to them, piecemealed or not, then it's gone of his own poor handling, not theirs.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If true..
Put them against a wall, give em a last cigarette and then dump the bodies down the sewer
edit on 4-9-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Human nature in all its flawed greatness. Bobbit's great act of giving her the $20 and her great act of starting a GoFundMe are a credit to them. Then it's all spoiled by greed and drugs. Bobbit's sold a camper and a SUV and is still homeless. He's spent $75k in 9-10 months...on the streets...which sounds like a heroin habit.

The couple will have started off with great intentions until the greedy little voices started whispering in their heads. "He doesn't really need all this money. It'll go on drugs. Somebody will steal it from him. We'll look after it. We're good people. Why shouldn't we have nice things?"

I'm surprised to say I feel sorry for all concerned. It looks like a case of theft or obtaining money by false pretense.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
ill bet it was all a scam from the start and they had a disagreement

never in my life have i meet a homeless addict with 20 bucks that has not aredy been spent on drugs

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Does the couple have a lawyer? Do they have a story that contradicts the story of Bobbitts lawyer?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Something about this seems off, and not the couple alone. I've been paying attention to comment sections in various news articles, and it seems there's a number of people claiming they gave him a LOT more than he says (i.e all of it) and he blew through it via old debts, giving it away, booze, drugs, etc. It might not be that out of the question, big jackpot lottery winners can go broke faster than a homeless guy with a couple hundred grand.

Before we tar and feather the two, we really should wait and see what the records inquiry finds. If that shows they did in fact end up giving it to them, piecemealed or not, then it's gone of his own poor handling, not theirs.

yes that is what i also read overseas, but the go fund me thing is to help those in need, if he wasn't in need, then the couple should have refunded the money, PERIOD. And yes , the world is full of trickery.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ehh, That's why I drive past people in need anymore.

You're all ticking time bombs in some form or fashion, sorry.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I too stopped giving when I, time and again, got burned....then when I started to read news stories about large organizations getting caught with their hands in the till....well that ended it for me....I stopped giving after that...friends and that's it (I have no family alive except for the husband...so there's no family to help out any more......)

a reply to: SR1TX

edit on 9/5/2018 by Cornczech because: meh

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
I too stopped giving when I, time and again, got burned....then when I started to read news stories about large organizations getting caught with their hands in the till....well that ended it for me....I stopped giving after that...friends and that's it (I have no family alive except for the husband...so there's no family to help out any more......)

a reply to: SR1TX

I still give, but make it selective and do due diligence. Otherwise yeah, people will rob you of the feeling/experience you were after.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Something's wrong here notice they admit that money was spent on him. Even bought him a trailer which apparently he promptly sold. Seems like every bit of money he was given is gone and at the end it mentions him having to go to rehab. I dont believe hes capable of handling his own finances and that may be the problem. We also don't know what this couple charged to the 400000.00 i could understand being paid if they started taking care of him.

I think there may be more to the story

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What happens next....a new group of SJW takes over and this man on the streets gets paid yet again. I agree with another poster. I said in the beginning that it was a scam and all 3 were in on it. Regardless, the so called homeless vet will get paid. Without working, without a home, without a clue, people will pour money on this man. Go fund me in this case turned into Go F--k me...…..An addict gives away his last $20.....no way, no how. IMHO it was a scam from start to finish. All 3 were aware of how it was gonna work and all 3 got paid...handsomely .
edit on 5-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Human nature in all its flawed greatness. Bobbit's great act of giving her the $20 and her great act of starting a GoFundMe are a credit to them. Then it's all spoiled by greed and drugs. Bobbit's sold a camper and a SUV and is still homeless. He's spent $75k in 9-10 months...on the streets...which sounds like a heroin habit.

The couple will have started off with great intentions until the greedy little voices started whispering in their heads. "He doesn't really need all this money. It'll go on drugs. Somebody will steal it from him. We'll look after it. We're good people. Why shouldn't we have nice things?"

I'm surprised to say I feel sorry for all concerned. It looks like a case of theft or obtaining money by false pretense.

This is the most probable and balanced estimation of what really happened. No one is blameless here and no one is the absolute villain. Greed and addiction are two messy things to deal with and they can be all consuming.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join