It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Dog General Mattis Torches Bob Woodward For 'Fiction' Anti-Trump Book

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

What are you talking about? Your post has nothing to do with the topic. This thread is about Woodward's book and the reaction from Mattis.

Perhaps your post was misplaced?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Where have you seen he hates Trump?

Also, if Woodward has been blinded by his Leftist ideals, why did he slam the Obama administration on a number of occasions?

Why was he friendly with the Bush administration and even defended the WMD narrative on Larry King?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

It is a map showing where the real grifters live and operate.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It is possible, as I said he is a Democrat. He may also
be a Deep State Pet who got ticked off he couldn't get
direct access to Trump.

As for Mattis, he wouldn't give access to the msm machine
either, and maybe he is also a target.

Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis didn’t favorably receive former Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s repeated requests to get the retired Marine Corps general to appear on numerous talk shows, according to an excerpt from Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, “Fear: Trump in the White House." According to one passage in the book, an exasperated Mattis, having answered “no” a number of times already, lashed out at Spicer, who is an officer in the Navy Reserve.

“Sean, I’ve killed people for a living," the secretary of defense said. "If you call me again, I’m going to f--king send you to Afghanistan. Are we clear?” To date, Mattis has appeared only once on a network television show, when he added to his long list of Mattisisms after “Face of the Nation" host John Dickerson asked what tumultuous world affairs keep the retired general awake at night. “Nothing. I keep other people awake at night,” he quickly countered. Since then, however, Mattis’ distaste for the limelight has been clear. At a recent Pentagon briefing, he told reporters that standing in front of cameras and addressing large audiences is something he dreads, according to Business Insider.

The exchange with Spicer is one of many noteworthy examples in “Fear” that illustrate the divide between the White House and the Pentagon. In one section, Woodward recounts how the president’s disconnect from matters of national security prompted Trump to question why the United States was even allocating military resources to the Korean Peninsula at all.

“We’re doing this in order to prevent World War III,” Mattis answered. “Mattis was particularly exasperated and alarmed," following the Jan. 19 National Security Council meeting, Woodward writes, "telling close associates that the president acted like — and had the understanding of — ‘a fifth- or sixth-grader.’” That statement was refuted by Mattis on Tuesday, when the secretary of defense called Woodward’s book a work of “fiction” and “a product of someone’s rich imagination.

[url=https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/09/05/mattis-to-spicer-ive-killed-people-for-a-living-if-you-call-me-again-im-going-to-f-ki ng-send-you-to-afghanistan/]Military TImes[/url

Yep, looks like Woodward is a Dem operative and is being paid
well by a left leaging rag like Wa Po.

edit on 5-9-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
So we have gone from questioning the generals integrity (they are lying to save their job), to they have to stay on or we could have a constitutional crisis, to its all a lie trump did it.

That is some serious gymnastics throughout this thread.

This is hilarious!!!

All the big named leftist came out to defend this garbage thread and it suddenly dawned on me, Leftist and books.

What is it about books and dossiers? Its like a lifetime of reading super market tabloids and never ever thinking if they were truthful or not, just the drama, the ever expanding scene of the show, the drama.

Ultimately, its leftist feed and this buffet of a thread is showing all the fat cats eating it all up and its HILARIOUS 🤣

Seriously, we got naive users posting liberal hit pieces from leftist troughs to back up their delusional views and some serious massive blinders on them all, WOW.

Man, they're really trying to defend this book full of gossip and opinions, lmfao.

Lmfao, wonder what would happend if the next liberal hit piece was a coloring book.....

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yep, Great observation!

And, it was the disgraced Peter Strzok who was caught
texting about setting up Trump to be impeached, and
he and his cheating little girlfriend were talking about
reading up on "All The Presidents Men".

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Where have you seen he hates Trump?

Also, if Woodward has been blinded by his Leftist ideals, why did he slam the Obama administration on a number of occasions?

Why was he friendly with the Bush administration and even defended the WMD narrative on Larry King?

He defended the WMD narrative?

I thought he was an impeccable journalist?

Dropped the ball on that one, just like most other journalists huh?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

He defended it because of everyone he talked to at the White House. He even came out after and said he made a mistake and should have pushed his sources more.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Population density.

It's a real mathematical thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Mattis is afraid ... He is so scared ...

I really don't think you know right from left sometimes.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

He did have access to Trump. That's why we have a record phone call between the two.

As I've said this entire thread, Woodward has a long history of being an impartial journalist that only reports the story. In fact he has been criticized for being very dry because he refrains from providing commentary and only reports the facts.

There is no evidence to support your claim he is anything other than a paragon of journalism.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Population density.

It's a real mathematical thing.

Look again, LOL.

The Red States and Counties represent lower crime
There are densely populated areas that have low crime....

What are you possibly talking about? Its your own
rabbit hole anyways....criminals are the real grifters,
and those who shepherd them are the real deplorables.
edit on 5-9-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

There is no evidence to support your claim he is anything other than a paragon of journalism.

I think Grambler served you up with a wrench in that armor.

Anywho, Mattis who is also a bastion of integrity has called Woodwards
BS out, and said it is all a lie. You obviously choose to believe
a lie then.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

He defended it because of everyone he talked to at the White House. He even came out after and said he made a mistake and should have pushed his sources more.

You mean his anonymous sources lied to him?

Its almost like we should learn the lesson not to believe anonymous sources like this without proof, even if Woodward is reporting them.

Oh well, back to believing every anonymous source in this book with no proof!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

And if it was 1972 you'd probably be declaring Nixon's innocence from the rooftops despite Woodward's articles.

Woodward has maybe the best reputation in the history of journalism. Even people here has butted heads with describe him as the best journalist of his generation.

But feel free to keep ignoring him simply because he had negative things to say about the Trump administration.

I guess you also think the negative things he said about the Obama administration are false.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Here ya go...

6 Bob Woodward Controversies....

www.politico.com...

CIA Director William Casey’s deathbed scene Woodward claimed in his book “Veil: The Secret Wars of the CIA 1981-1987” that Casey admitted on his deathbed that he had known about the diversion of Iran arms sale money to the Contras.

But Casey’s daughter, Bernadette Casey Smith, claimed that Woodward “never got the deathbed confession,” according to the Houston Chronicle. In addition, Kevin Shipp, a member of Casey’s security detail, asserted in a self-published memoir that none of the agents standing guard over the Casey allowed Woodward into his hospital room at Georgetown University Hospital, and that in any case the former CIA director was not able to talk at the time Woodward cited.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yea but you’re delusional so it doesnt really count lol

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Where did I say I believe the anonymous sources wholesale? I said I believe that Woodward is not lying. To publish what he did means he either had multiple sources telling him similar stories or he had direct evidence confirming a single source's story.

Woodward is a pure reporter. He reports the story as it is given to him. No commentary.

Which means either Mattis said what is quoted or there are multiple people in the White House, probably high ranking, that have a problem with Mattis.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

And Casey's deputy, who ended up being CIA director under Bush I, and Secretary of Defense under Bush II and Obama, Robert Gates, said he talked to Casey around the same time Woodward did for longer than Woodward did. He said that while Casey's speech was slurred, if you had spent time with him you would be able to understand him.

Woodward had 43 meetings and phone calls with Casey before the "deathbed confession."

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Oh well, back to believing every anonymous source in this book with no proof!

You are unbelievably binary. No-one is saying anyone should believe everything someone says. Creating snowmen is an admission that you cannot build a case against your opponent's argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join