It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Dog General Mattis Torches Bob Woodward For 'Fiction' Anti-Trump Book

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: olaru12

Would you mind quoting me one of them?

Shouldn't be hard by that many...

It's a big list....

www.vogue.com...

www.washingtonpost.com... 0e48d

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Did you hear the one about how nobody told trump that Woodward wanted to interview him?

I believe that like I believe the Omorosa tape where he said he didn't know she was gonna be fired. Hahahaha Hahahaha Hahahaha
edit on 952018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

both tapes sounded very similar.

"no one told me"

god, he's such a puss.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is just an aside, but there's something disturbing about the Mad Dog Mattis thing. We all know terrorism involves using fear to affect some goal. You have the bad guys that are terrorists, but you also have stuff like "shock and awe" as a tactic, as if not to mention many thousands of people on the other side murdered, often called collateral damage? Then we have ISIS, one man's terrorist another man's freedom fighter, to the CIA both?

You have to ask how any terrorism can be good, if you believe all people that are simply going about, living their lives as best they can, are the same, and bleed the same. Worse, people under dictators have no say in anything, don't get to vote their dictators into office, at least by a valid election. Tons more people have died over there, that just went to work or school, bought their food and went home, everyday, to their families, than on 9/11, and Osama bin Laden wasn't even a nation state. How are these endless wars not terrorism, by a nation state? Isn't bombing the hell out of people terrorism?

Anyway, terrorism is supposed to be bad, uncivilized, not an American value, right, at least on paper? (Though it's really, "Do as I say, not as I do.") What does it say to have a person we call "Mad Dog" in the cabinet and at the head of the Department of Defense? Maybe he was an effective general, but wouldn't a mad dog be, like, a crazy, a terrorist? A rabid animal? Is that the image the United States wants to project?

Just a thought. Like, how do you send Mad Dog on a goodwill tour? And think of this, Patton, one of the greatest generals in history, was beside himself that WWII ended, probably wasn't the best guy to have in a policy position?
edit on 5-9-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Wording.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Tell me, why are those anonymous sources so much more reliable than the actual words from Mathis?

Shall I give you a hint? The former confirm your bias, the latter doesn't.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

He didn't sound believable and neither recipient of his bogus regrets sounded like they believed him either.
Woodward told him I spoke to six different people. Trump says...I didn't get the message.
Someone takes a message for the president and doesn't give it to him?
Six different people take a message and fail to deliver it?
Is that how a well oiled machine runs?
I'm just asking lol
edit on 952018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Tell me, why are those anonymous sources so much more reliable than the actual words from Mathis?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

So you don't have any confirmation bias to protect trump? You have a pattern that's obvious.

There is also a pattern of lies coming from the WH and trump in particular.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 5-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I heard that.

Scary huh?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Nixon?

Considering the hash that the CREEP made of things, a high school newspaper could have brought him down.

Not to mention that was what 40 plus years ago...resting on ones laurels for that long isn't a good look.

I imagine you Trump lovers think Nixon was Abe Lincoln

When in doubt, revert to type.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

and, his lame excuse "did you speak to madeleine?"

"madeleine, is the key, she's the secret. because she's the person.."

such a puss.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

He kept the identity of Deep Throat for decades bud.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Because the anonymous source is free from repercussions. If Mattis came forward and confirmed the story he'd probably be immediately fired. You might even be able to make a case against him for insubordination. And there goes the whole career he worked so hard for.

Nixon denied having any involvement with the Watergate break-in but Woodward's anonymous source said otherwise. Should we have given Nixon a free pass because he said Woodward was lying?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Woodward has history of inventing stuff (AKA lying) going back 30 years in Reagan administration where he supposedly slipped into hospital room of dying CIA Director William Casey

Casey was in coma, yet Woodward got him to acknowledge his role in Iran Contra Affair ………

Which begs question of how Woodward got into hospital, past all the hospital staff, into Casey room (which presumably would be guarded) to wake him up and get him to confess …..

Yea right -

Then there is the bridge in New York can have cheap …...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Are they supposed to come out and say that their boss is a friggin moron? That they need to keep him in line?

Shall I give you a hint? It's less scandalous to let the world find out later after they've retired that they were lying about never having said those things, then to let the world think they are part of an administrative coup de'tat.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He kept the identity of Deep Throat for decades bud.

In fact, his agreement with Felt was that only AFTER Felt had passed, could he reveal it, which is precisely what he did.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If he wrote anything bad about Obama I’m sure you would get on him also. Right?

I certainly wouldn't believe them to be Holy Writ as you're doing just now.

But then, I dare say I'm less biased, even towards Obama, than you are towards Trump.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Yup, but this won't go anywhere.

The left thinks Woodward's telling the truth not because of his reputation, but because he's attacking Trump.

And the right thinks Woodward's lying, not because of his reputation, but because he's using anonymous sources and attacking Trump.

Neither can be proven and it won't.

Just give it a few weeks and everyone will forget about this as they did with all of the SCANDALS of DJT that were supposed to make him impeachable.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

What are Mattis' actual words on this subject? Can you link me to his official statement?

edit on 5-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

He's not exactly resting on his laurels. He's continued to be a writer for the Washington Post over all these decades and was their lead reporter for 9/11. He's currently an editor there as well.

He has written 18 books. All of them have been bestsellers with 12 of them reading number one.

He broke the story on the 1996 campaign finance controversy.

He spent more time with President Bush than any other journalist. Totaling 11 hours worth of interviews.

The list keeps going on. Most in the journalism world consider him to be the greatest reporter of his generation and maybe ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join