It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Eye of the Sahara Atlantis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Very interesting....

This is the Eye of Africa

Richart Structure

Initially interpreted as an asteroid impact structure because of its high degree of circularity, the Richat Structure is now regarded by geologists as a highly symmetrical and deeply eroded geologic dome. After extensive field and laboratory studies, no credible evidence has been found for shock metamorphism or any type of deformation indicative of a hypervelocity extraterrestrial impact.[6] While coesite, an indicator of shock metamorphism, had initially been reported as being present in rock samples collected from the Richat Structure, further analysis of rock samples concluded that barite had been misidentified as coesite.[7] In addition, the Richat Structure lacks the annular depression that characterizes large extraterrestrial impact structures of this size.

So it's not an impact crater. You can see in the land formation obviously there was a massive flood which as stated in the video is probably from the younger dryas impact. This is to amazing and interesting for me not to share. Atlantis is probably my favorite alternative topic overall.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

The mods can delete mine, only interested in seeing dioscussion

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

I don't care either I just want to see what people think I would really love to go there.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think the time frames conflict. Plato's timeline, and the event that gave rise to this curiosity of geological activity.
No, I don't think it's the Atlantis Plato wrote of. BUT, many would argue the point that it was..

Interesting OP
S&F

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

the ariel view of the west coast of Africa headed towards the eye is very interesting it's almost like they are related

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

give it a break

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It looks like there certainly were upheavals in ancient times. I try to picture the Eye to the coast underwater, it don't work for me.. Seems Africa's main geographic anomaly is the Rift Valley and the rift itself. Also, aerial views were not possible before the early 1900's.

a reply to: toysforadults

edit on 4-9-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

We obviously watch the same youtube channel and wanted to share that with ATS members to get their thoughts.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
Answer the question. How is it possible two completely independent posters posted about an identical thing with 3 minutes of each other?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Even though I responded at the same time as glend (before seeing his answer), I still don't buy the "answer". I will not continue to post in this thread, but let me just say that I'm about as awake as can be and no one can stop me....and I REALLY know the reason.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join