It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A what if scenerio about dogs (trigger warning)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
If your dog is really old and there was a way to make him/her live 30 additional years would you? The only thing is that there is a 50/50 shot that your dogs head won't explode upon getting the treatment. If he/she lives then your dog would be healthy and energetic for 30 years.

This is purely hypothetical and is in no way true.
My mom said she wouldn't but I would.
I know it is a horrible question but I need to know.
Please accept my apologies if you think it never should have been thought.

:sain

Yes if I was dying I would take a 50 50 shot at 30 more years.

If I were to say yes, it would be solely for my own self purposes with no thought or consideration for the dog. The whole scenario is sickening and repugnant. Glad I don't have to roam around in your mind.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I would love to see a dogs head explode, straight to youtube

originally posted by: Raggedyman

haha yea... us sickos' would watch it too

You would have to see it at least once.

So the life of an animal only has value if you personally care for them, otherwise you'd love to see a dogs head blown off on youtube
Picture this, the dog that you would love to see on youtube having it's head blown off is the dog you love so much that you won't leave it outside as you stated in another post. ALL animals have value, not just the ones you like.
edit on 5-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: Raggedyman

haha yea... us sickos' would watch it too

You would have to see it at least once.

So the life of an animal only has value if you personally care for them, otherwise you'd love to see a dogs head blown off on youtube
Picture this, the dog that you would love to see on youtube having it's head blown off is the dog you love so much that you won't leave it outside as you stated in another post. ALL animals have value, not just the ones you like.

of course dogs are amazing but I watched 2 girls 1 cup so if it was being talked about I will not lie and say I wouldn't watch it.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

If your dog is really old and there was a way to make him/her live 30 additional years would you? The only thing is that there is a 50/50 shot that your dogs head won't explode upon getting the treatment. If he/she lives then your dog would be healthy and energetic for 30 years.

This is purely hypothetical and is in no way true.
My mom said she wouldn't but I would.
I know it is a horrible question but I need to know.
Please accept my apologies if you think it never should have been thought.

:sain

Yes if I was dying I would take a 50 50 shot at 30 more years.

If I were to say yes, it would be solely for my own self purposes with no thought or consideration for the dog. The whole scenario is sickening and repugnant. Glad I don't have to roam around in your mind.

You are right about that. I imagine everything including the bad stuff... unfortunatly

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: watchandwait410

Interesting thought experiment, and for bonus points: it also brings values into question.

How long until an extended-life dog, becomes an old dog, that can't learn new tricks?

That's just for humour, because: why would it matter?

Exactly it is just a thought experiment, it tells a lot about myself, I know... but it also tells a lot about how soft people are to the harsher of thoughts. Just because you don't think about it doesn't mean it isn't happening or could happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join