It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A what if scenerio about dogs (trigger warning)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If your dog is really old and there was a way to make him/her live 30 additional years would you? The only thing is that there is a 50/50 shot that your dogs head won't explode upon getting the treatment. If he/she lives then your dog would be healthy and energetic for 30 years.

This is purely hypothetical and is in no way true.
My mom said she wouldn't but I would.
I know it is a horrible question but I need to know.
Please accept my apologies if you think it never should have been thought.

edit on 4-9-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

Yes if I was dying I would take a 50 50 shot at 30 more years.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ask yourself this question, would you want that to happen to you?

Think about the prolong suffering.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Ask yourself this question, would you want that to happen to you?

Think about the prolong suffering.

The dog would be in perfect health for 30 years. Young and energetic.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

No. My dad's dog's getting old. I just started highschool when he got him. He's a great dog, he's lived a good life. He's old and tired now. Every time I go visit he seems just a little more done. I'll be sad when he's gone but I wouldn't want to make him live longer.

Back in the days when I landscaped we had a customer with a dog that was always outside. One day they told me about him. He was born without the ability to control his asshole. In order to keep him alive they spent $20,000 a year on medication. I worked at that place for a month straight from early in the morning until evening. Not once did I see those people interact with their dog other than to let him outside into a narrow strip of yard maybe 10m x 30m at most. These people spent more per year than I made at the time to keep a dog alive they didn't even bother with. But they loved him and couldn't be without him....

As an aside, the jobless son of the family, the same age as me, spent a week protesting on behalf of the 1% during the occupy protests while i spenty days building him a beautiful garden. The irony of that still makes me laugh to this day. Though, one day after sitting around all day, he did bring us out some organic peaches. They were pretty refreshing.

edit on 4/9/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

No. My dad's dog's getting old. I just started highschool when he got him. He's a great dog, he's lived a good life. He's old and tired now. Every time I go visit he seems just a little more done. I'll be sad when he's gone but I wouldn't want to make him live longer.

Back in the days when I landscaped we had a customer with a dog that was always outside. One day they told me about him. He was born without the ability to control his asshole. In order to keep him alive they spent $20,000 a year on medication. I worked at that place for a month straight from early in the morning until evening. Not once did I see those people interact with their dog other than to let him outside into a narrow strip of yard maybe 10m x 30m at most. These people spent more per year than I made at the time to keep a dog alive they didn't even bother with. But they loved him and couldn't be without him....

As an aside, the jobless son of the family, the same age as me, spent a week protesting on behalf of the 1% during the occupy protests while i spenty days building him a beautiful garden. The irony of that still makes me laugh to this day. Though, one day after sitting around all day, he did bring us out some organic peaches. They were pretty refreshing.

Good story, puts thing in perspective.
I could never leave my dog outside, I love her too much besides she would be flabbergasted if I ever left her out for more then 1 hour.
Love what you do, do what you love.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Everything and everyone has their appointed time.

Imagine having a dog that would suddenly live for 30 years. If did that to my cat now, I would have to live beyond 70 years in order to keep it for its new lifespan.

So now you would have animals in shelters because no one spayed or neutered their dad, *and* animals in shelters because their owners gave them this shot and they lived and then outlived their owners.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Everything and everyone has their appointed time.

Imagine having a dog that would suddenly live for 30 years. If did that to my cat now, I would have to live beyond 70 years in order to keep it for its new lifespan.

So now you would have animals in shelters because no one spayed or neutered their dad, *and* animals in shelters because their owners gave them this shot and they lived and then outlived their owners.

Well all we have to do is make a anti ageing vaccine for humans (stay 25 as long as you like)... then animals will get one too, making this question pointless.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

No, I would not. Dogs are wonderful and loving companions, but dying a natural death, while sad, offers the owner a chance to begin again- to learn new lessons and strive to be a better pet owner. Each pet we have throughout our lives have unique personalities and teach us different things about dogs, love, ourselves and the world as well. Keeping only one dog for an entire human lifetime would rob the owner of this, while also robbing another deserving dog of the love and care it also deserves.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would love to see a dogs head explode, straight to youtube

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

No, I would not. Dogs are wonderful and loving companions, but dying a natural death, while sad, offers the owner a chance to begin again- to learn new lessons and strive to be a better pet owner. Each pet we have throughout our lives have unique personalities and teach us different things about dogs, love, ourselves and the world as well. Keeping only one dog for an entire human lifetime would rob the owner of this, while also robbing another deserving dog of the love and care it also deserves.

Well said.

I never thought she would want to be a puppy again.
My dog though would never be a burden to me, I love her too much.

You know what is creepy though? Scientists are trying to create a puppy that never grows up.... even I know that is a mean idea.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I would love to see a dogs head explode, straight to youtube

haha yea... us sickos' would watch it too

You would have to see it at least once.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

No way. Who could EVER put their dog in a situation where there was ANY chance that heir head might explode??

edit on 4-9-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

That picture made me laugh for a bit, almost looks like Chewbacca. What breed??? he's funny

That is basically what my mom said. She would never even if there was a 1% chance.

I would cause I roll the dice.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

That's Ozzy, and he's a Brussels Griffon. They do look like Chewbaca. They are a DELIGHTFUL breed!

ETA: Ozzy is the first a few posts up. These are my other two griffys.

edit on 4-9-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Very cute. Ozzy looks the most like Chewy. lol

Do you shave them or are the naturally uneven with the body short and the head and feet long?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

Very cute. Ozzy looks the most like Chewy. lol

Do you shave them or are the naturally uneven with the body short and the head and feet long?

I shave them, and they don't like that clipper anywhere near their legs! 😂

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

BWAHAHAHA why does the head have to explode? I can’t stop laughing now. You could have picked literally anything else but NO, you chose to use the head exploding.

But to answer your question....NO

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Interesting thought experiment, and for bonus points: it also brings values into question.

How long until an extended-life dog, becomes an old dog, that can't learn new tricks?

That's just for humour, because: why would it matter?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
actually, it isnt "your" dog. you need to ask that to dog and to dog's actualy family of course.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join