It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Richat Structure, the Eye of Sahara, the remains of Atlantis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Interesting, but the theory is really the result of a couple of Canadian geologists and there is no common consensus in academic circles. The recent discoveries of impact markers kind of dilutes it a great deal. Time will tell on this one.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Looks like the byproduct of HYDRAULIC ACTION....like the final resting place of a large vortex.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: toysforadults

hat would explain the channels filled with water. Good thinking.

How much you want to bet the hidden hands knows the truth?

I had to ponder this question. If a cataclysm did strike the earth 13,000 years ago, that caused massive tidal waves, wiping out all of civilisation, they might be in the dark just as much as we are today. But given they don't let the public browse the vatican library does indicate they want to hide knowledge. Why, I don't know.

Not tidal waves....Vlar Global Continental DISPLACEMENT Waves....much worse than tidal waves.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I saw a theory on that but never read a thing that really confirms displacement or proves or disproves it

What would the force behind that be?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

You think it could be related to time travel and aliens?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
If it was Atlantis, it shouldn't be too hard to prove right? There should still be Atlantean artifacts and remnants of the supposed large, advanced city at the location.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It was very likely built on weekends by Artesians . On a Friday afternoon. but hay, shut this op down who cares.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

This seems likely as it looks like the perfect spot to have a settlement. Maybe they were testing some technology or natural nuclear reactions and bam or war and a big bam we gone haha.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: charlyv

If it is an impact crater the heating element of the impact can skew the data can it not?

Actually it is the force of impact that really supplies the data. Shocked quartz and shatter cones, followed by the inclusion of iridium, the presence of nano-diamonds and carbon spherules. No other cataclysm on Earth can produce the combination of these markers. (Nuclear explosions are not even powerful enough to shock quartz, but they do melt glass.)

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Shocked quartz was discovered following underground nuclear bomb testing, which generated the intense pressures required to alter the quartz lattice.

Lightning is now known to contribute to the surface record of shocked quartz grains, complicating identification of hypervelocity impact features.[2]

edit on 5/9/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I saw a theory on that but never read a thing that really confirms displacement or proves or disproves it

What would the force behind that be?

Don't get your hopes up for anything resembling an actual response. One4all doesn't have a mechanism or even a basic model for this alleged hypothesis of globalcontinental displacement waves, that he claims occur every 3650 years on the dot. It's about as realistic as Earth being flat while every other body in the solar system of sufficient mass is an oblate spheroid.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If it is an impact crater the heating element of the impact can skew the data can it not?

Actually it is the force of impact that really supplies the data. Shocked quartz and shatter cones, followed by the inclusion of iridium, the presence of nano-diamonds and carbon spherules. No other cataclysm on Earth can produce the combination of these markers. (Nuclear explosions are not even powerful enough to shock quartz, but they do melt glass.)

Lightning can shock quartz but that would be one huge lightning bolt

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Am i the only one who recognizes a launch pad for atlantis when i see one?

Each ring is an old pad to support the weight of the city?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Interesting video. Many similarities with Plato’s description of Atlantis indeed.

I think the geolocical structure could be caused by an electric discharge event.
Have a look at this video , especially at 08.00 minutes.

Electrical planetary scarring in the lab

It could very well have been populated by an civilisation which later was destroyed by catastrofic events caused by the “comet” Venus

The comet Venus

edit on 5-9-2018 by GoeteJr because: Video post

edit on 5-9-2018 by GoeteJr because: Video post

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Electric Universe theoriese that much of what academia believes are impact craters infact are caused by electric discharge events between celestial bodies. Large lightning bolts if you like.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoeteJr
Electric Universe theoriese that much of what academia believes are impact craters infact are caused by electric discharge events between celestial bodies. Large lightning bolts if you like.

And the Blackfoot tribes theorize that a talking coyote created Woman.

Harte
edit on 9/5/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Anyone's first impression of the image was "Eye of Ra"?

I watched the video. Wow... Of all the Atlantis possible locations, I believe this one more than all the others combined. The video made me a believer and I'm the most skeptical person I know.

Great post!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
If it was Atlantis, it shouldn't be too hard to prove right? There should still be Atlantean artifacts and remnants of the supposed large, advanced city at the location.

I guess it would depend on how enormous the cataclysm that destroyed it was. Based on the map and the video, if what looks like a HUGE mudslide/tidal wave wiped it out, much would be buried or sucked out to the ocean. But surely 'something' would remain? I would think something. Though most metals aside from gold would have disintegrated, I imagine.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

If it washed out to the ocean I mean..

Couldnt we use some sort of sonar to find anomalies

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoeteJr

originally posted by: StallionDuck

I remember a story about lightning bolts in space spanning light years. I don't discount an electric universe.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Shocked quartz was discovered following underground nuclear bomb testing, which generated the intense pressures required to alter the quartz lattice.

Lightning is now known to contribute to the surface record of shocked quartz grains, complicating identification of hypervelocity impact features.

It is rare in anything but an impact crater. Coupled with the other markers, it is a key element in the identification of an impact event. The grain size and lattice of the shock veins are really unique in impacts. The data on lightning is really new!.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join