It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller to accept written answers from trump on russian collusion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, will accept written answers from President Trump on questions about whether his campaign conspired with Russia’s election interference, Mr. Mueller’s office told Mr. Trump’s lawyers in a letter, two people briefed on it said on Tuesday.

But on another significant aspect of the investigation — whether the president tried to obstruct the inquiry itself — Mr. Mueller and his investigators understood that issues of executive privilege could complicate their pursuit of a presidential interview and did not ask for written responses on that matter, according to the letter, which was sent on Friday.

www.nytimes.com...

The article goes on to say that Mueller didnt say he is giving up on an interview, but things may be leaning in that direction.

In addition it does not specify anything about written answers on obstruction of justice.

In an ideal legal system, I would want trump to do the interview.

But the fbi is so powerful and corrupt that it seeks to get people who didnt commit crimes in perjury traps and charge them for that, (like they did with people like Martha stewart) that even if I knew I was innocent I wouldnt want to sit down with them for an interview.

(Its funny though, when it comes to some people, like Hillary connected people lying to the FBI like Mills and abedin, lying to the fbi seems like no big deal)

We will see where this goes, but IO again say I have not seen one piece of evidence for the claims in the dossier, and the orginal claims being made about this investigation, that there was collusion of an illegal nature between trump people and russians.

edit on 4-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Trump should give him nothing.

He is under no obligation to talk.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
One answer from history would be sufficient
"Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe at the Battle of Bastogne
Worked then
Will work now

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
He should post his answers on Twitter (not the questions)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I hope this is a sign that the investigation is coming to a close . Unfortunately some on ATS will not let it go untill Trump is out of office . I hope that is in 6 years .

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Well guess this crap is over.
No matter the answers Mueller has agreed, and no obstruction.
Finally.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

I hope this is a sign that the investigation is coming to a close . Unfortunately some on ATS will not let it go untill Trump is out of office . I hope that is in 6 years .

How much you want to bet that they find a way to keep this investigation going indefinitely, or at least until the end of Trump's presidency whenever that might be?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Trump should give him nothing.

He is under no obligation to talk.

That's what I say. Tell Mueller to focus on finding Russian hackers, per the original mandate.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I heard a while back that it was going to be 40 questions . Trump should pull a Hillary on Muller and say" I don't recall" 39 times.

edit on 4-9-2018 by 14377 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
All Trump has to do is write the fifth amendment.

You shall not be compelled to incriminate oneself to a special kind of shill(Mueller).

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, I was just about to as well.

I take two things from this article:

a) DJT is most definitely being investigated for obstruction of justice, as we now know from the letter, and it is no longer just MSM talk or the wishful thinking of opponents.

b) Mueller has given up on getting a straight answer in an interview on some topics and will instead use the written replies as pretty much entrapment.

It's not actually entrapment since it is all well publicized, but think about it: if Mueller already has proof that he needs -- and that is certainly an 'if' as we don't know yet -- intentional lying with the President's signature on it is obstruction of justice and perjury. Not only that but all the attorneys or staff who compose it for him will be found accomplice.

Dangerous waters even if he submits replies in written, but made to appear as an easy way out that he will fall for if he's impulsive.

Just my feeling on it.

edit on 4-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 14377
I heard a while back that it was going to be 40 questions . Trump should pull a Hillary on Muller and say" I don't recall" 39 times.

That would be too cool. You must be referring to when the judge ordered candidate Hillary to answer 29 questions about her violations of National Security, but she couldn't recall answers to 23 of them?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Or Trump could tell Mueller just to Hold His Beer.

And be done with it.

Options abound.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Regarding your comments...BINGO. Not enough "bad actors" have been removed/replaced yet in the DOJ or the Intel Community either. That's why Trump met SECRETLY with Kim Jong and with Vladimir Putin to the discuss the most sensitive matters.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I was going from memory and I'm getting old. So you're probably right .

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Trump isn't going to write crap.

His lawyers will write the crap.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

As always, my sources have come through once again!

Here is a copy of the actual letter from Mueller and Trump's response.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Rumors say Trump will meet.

But only at Trump Tower.

That way he can get a recorded version.

💥😄💥

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As always, my sources have come through once again!

Here is a copy of the actual letter from Mueller and Trump's response.

That' funny.

But looks like you got the redacted version. Here's the original:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

What a joke. First, he'll need someone to explain the question, and then he'll need someone to write the response for him.

The only way Mueller should agree to this is if they put him alone in a room, and keep him there until the questions are answered.

Why does this man have to be shielded like a little child going to juvenile court?

He's the potus for pete's sake. act like it for once. He's the one who decided to run for president, knowing perfectly well his closet has more bones in it than a graveyard. WTH did he expect?

edit on 9/4/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join