It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be careful dealing with progressive insurance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Earlier this year me and my friend were carrying her grand kids to skating rink and while we were at a traffic light the car behind us rammed us when light went green luckily we did not hit car in front of us me in the kids were just a little bruised up but she wrenched her back and knack. Guy in rear got the ticket and both of them have progressive insurance . Well the insurance gave the kids their checks first then a few weeks later they sent me one with out signing it then I had to wait a week for a replacement to come it never did so I had to drive 90 miles
As away to get it in person and they still forgot to sign it . But luckily my experience was not as bad as my friends her accident was in March it's now September she still has not received any payments but she did receive a Susana to show up to superior court for trying to defraud the insurance company on Friday. I said what now they have not paid her doctor bills and she submitted a claim on her pickup truck for a bent in bumper was denied they have not paid her for her pain so how is she defrauding the insurance company? Her lawyer handling the accident is not gonna handle the court case so she had to go find her a different lawyer for that and now she has to pay another 3 or 4 grand for an attorney she can not afford..
Flo from progressive can go Flo herself in my option. Has anyone else had an insurance company do something similar to them?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Has anyone else had issues w/Flo et al @Progressive™?

Yep.

www.consumeraffairs.com...

www.nerdwallet.com...

•••• Personal Observations••••

When dealing with ANY insurance company, if they are willing to send checks, You NEED to investigate further...

Best of Luck.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Personally I'm leery of anything labeled progressive .

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

she still has not received any payments but she did receive a Susana

Nice. Was she at least cute and half naked already? I'm fairly sure my husband would have no objections to having insurance send him a Susana if those applied.

Edit: And if I have to explain that I'm poking fun at an obvious autocorrected word...
edit on 9/4/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I work in the insurance industry, and it sounds like unfair claims practices. Call Department of Financial Regulation or Department of Insurance (it differs from state to state) to report incidents like this. Insurance companies must promptly pay for covered losses as soon as the insured (customer) has fulfilled their end (statement of loss, reporting to authorities, getting appraisals, etc.).

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Goes without saying. Insurance is a protection racket, basically. They're all slimy.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Be careful dealing with any insurance company

Fixed title for you

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCoreprogressive sent a state insurance investigator after my friend and tried to say she tried to commit fraud and the investigator is having her come to superior court on Friday. I thought if you in an accident you had the right to claim damages caused by other parties when they are found at fault if insurance company has not paid her anything how are they saying committed a felony?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Never cash the check until you talk to a lawyer. As soon as you cash it you forfeit any claim for more money.

top topics

join