It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Sasse, fresh Republican face and his book ''The Vanishing American Adult''

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
''The Vanishing American Adult '' by Ben Sasse,

time.com...

Listening to the Kavanaugh hearings my attention was drawn to the talk of Ben Sasse, junior Repubilcan senator from Nebraska. Until now this senator was completely below my radar and I say that knowing that may radar is certainly flawed.

I looked him up and found he has written this book ''The Vanishing American Adult''. Has anyone here read this?

A quick paragraph from this Time article reached out to me for it's impartisan-ship

But jump-starting a postpartisan national conversation about what the nation should want for its children is exactly the sort of thing someone who is looking to run for President might do. And the solutions that Sasse proposes are, in many cases, precisely the opposite of the examples set by Trump or Hillary Clinton, both of whom Sasse has criticized for failing to behave like “you know … an adult.”

I also would like to hear from any Nebraskans here, or others that have had their attention drawn towards this man, what do you think of him.

I also found in this article and other web searches that he has become a Republican who is not so fond of President Trump.

He is young, handsome, and does not fall all over himself while speaking. To me he also sounds wise.

In a number of posts here on ATS I have suggested reasons I think that, come the 2020 primary election , the Republican Party should mount a serious candidacy allowing Republican voters such as myself a clear alternative to Mr. Trump.

Senator Sasse, in his Kavanaugh talk, mentioned, several times, a neutered congress calling out the vast numbers of congressmen and senators whose main goal is incumbency.

Should Sasse somehow gain the momentum with conservative constituencies I would be happy to vote for him in those coming primaries. That is unless people here happen to sway my impression of him.

Any thoughts on this man?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thanks for the post. I grabbed the book and will read it shortly. Sounds like my kind of guy.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I was listening to him speak at the hearing and I was very impressed at his insight into the incompetencies and 'passing the buck' that goes on in the American governmental processes.

edit on 19CDT07America/Chicago05370730 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

join