It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN and The Big Bang Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So.

I am working on a short story that follows this theory of mine. What do y'all think of the theory...

We are told, by scientists, that the universe was created by two particals that smashed into each other.

We are also told, by scientists, that time is relative to size.

We also know that CERN and other similar places, run by scientists, smash 2 particles together for research.

What if, scientists, from other dimensions have a similar process. When they smashed 2 sub atomic particles together, the creation was our universe. For them, it lasted milliseconds, for us, well..it seems like eternity.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I dont think the "Big Bang" is from 2 particles colliding into each other.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

So. I am working on a short story that follows this theory of mine. What do y'all think of the theory...

Post it.

We are told, by scientists, that the universe was created by two particals that smashed into each other.

are we?

what scientists say this?

We are also told, by scientists, that time is relative to size.

again who is telling all this to me?

as far as I recall No scientists has said these things to me.

We also know that CERN and other similar places, run by scientists, smash 2 particles together for research.

yes.

What if, scientists, from other dimensions have a similar process. When they smashed 2 sub atomic particles together, the creation was our universe. For them, it lasted milliseconds, for us, well..it seems like eternity.

Is this your theory?

Sorry to burst your bubble but this idea (not a theory) has been thought about since the inception of modern physics and quantum mechanics.

Its an interesting concept to entertain .

Are the scientists in the other dimension trying to create a universe or are they doing what our scientists are doing and trying to gain a better understanding of the moments after the big bang?

I like to play around with the idea that this universe was created via an experiment.

Who was doing the experiment?

Was it us in the future trying to save humanity?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Dont know bout that..

But think about this, how about CERN is a consistent thing that happens in every universe.

And at some part in every universe CERN create a new big bang by accident
Restarting a new universe.. and at some point humans will be again, and at some point we will begin experimenting with particle acceleration and do it all over again... and again.. and again.. forever

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Dont know bout that..

But think about this, how about CERN is a consistent thing that happens in every universe.

And at some part in every universe CERN create a new big bang by accident
Restarting a new universe.. and at some point humans will be again, and at some point we will begin experimenting with particle acceleration and do it all over again... and again.. and again.. forever

CERN - various scientific teams working at the LHC (i.e. people)
LHC - Large Hadron Collider that barely has the power to accelerate and smash particles together

Stixk to sc-fi stories for the Universe start..

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I had a dream about both of my grand pa's being scientists together and they opened a rift or something and then they could see me in this Universe. My gramps weren't scientists but it felt so real. Oh and I thought there are two Universes and this is the second one because we or someone destroyed the first Universe. lol For a time when I was younger I actually thought I made the big bang... It was weird times.

Maybe you could use one of these ideas for a short story.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
No my friend impossible to replicate the universe

new topics

top topics

join