It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two women caned for attempted lesbian sex

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Bluntone22

So you are being intolerant of others intolerance
I am sure their are laws in the US that some cultures would be disgusted by
I am sure some people in the US are disgusted by some of their own laws

Why do you get to be the morality judge, who made you the police of right and wrong, the judge of others?

So you think it's cool to publicly beat two people because of an action they made that affects only them?

Nah personally I judge any and every ridiculous law and #ty cultural practice from anywhere in the world equally. The way I see it if a law isn't protecting someone's personal safety or property from someone else, the morality of said laws can certainly be put to question. Just because it's somebody's culture doesn't mean it's totally #ed.
edit on 4/9/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Backwards nations doing backwards stupid crap.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I object to this based on the lack of freedom given to two people to consent to do whatever pleases them as long as I doesn’t harm others. We don’t have to approve of the act because it doesn’t affect anyone else and is therefore their business.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yes.

I can judge by my standards what I find reprehensible. ...and the caning of two women for the "crime" of being gay is reprehensible.

Don't like it? Too bad.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Many countries that have laws based on spiritual energy and they do not hold the western view that no one is effected by sexual energy except for the participants. This is one of the main differences between science and religion. I think it is wrong to punish people in this manner but at the same time i do not pretend to know what is going on with energies we have yet to fully determine the way's and means of.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And the Malay leadership, with their culture and their non-western view of individuality, will say that immoral acts are a detriment to the whole of society. And so "immoral" behavior is an attack on the rest of society.

The Russian laws focused on the "promotion of homosexuality." So they have laws against public displays of affection by gays, presumably because it tells kids that such behavior is normal and healthy, rather than an attack on their traditional culture.

If these two women were having sex in a car(?) it is probably as offensive to the Malaysian culture as is the fact that they were using the same-gendered genitals for gratification.

their authorities see "damage to a society" as harm to the general public. While westerners believe that if no specific person can show how they were harmed financially or with respect to personal property, then no harm was done.

I'm not saying I endorse their decision (I don't), just saying they arrived at it by their own internally-consistent logic.

And not just because they woke up this morning speaking gibberish and living in mud huts.
edit on 4-9-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Didnt Judas kiss Jesus, and Jesus got crucified, while Juda hanged himself?

Now the Jews...give me a while.
edit on 4-9-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What i do not understand is how science proves we are electric beings but that is where the thought stops with science.

They give no credence of the laws of electricity in relation to our actions as electric beings.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

I agree that the Malaysian logic is consistent and I understand that they value the rights of their society over the individual. My personal feelings are also consistent in that the rights of a ambiguous “society” shouldn’t infringe on the rights of actual human beings and their personal liberty to live their lives as they choose.

edit on 2018/9/4 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I believe General "Mad Dog" Mattis, now SecDef, sums up my feelings about Sharia law:

-dex

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Eh that argument only goes so far. What about those womens’ sexuality and human rights? What about other homosexuals there.

Either it’s wrong to oppress none heteronormative people or it isn’t.

Was it right here in the US in the 50’s when homosexuals were oppressed due to “culture?”

Do other people get to oppress you or harm you, in violation of human rights, if it’s “their belief system?”

Do you grant then that Christian conservatives In the west have the right to project on homosexuals due to their culture and beliefs? Conversely, do you grant that the Antifa types get to shut down everyone to the right of them? Do you grant that Stalin, Mao, and Castro had the right to oppress the hell out of people, including mass executions?

“It’s their culture.”

edit on 4-9-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I object to this based on the lack of freedom given to two people to consent to do whatever pleases them as long as I doesn’t harm others. We don’t have to approve of the act because it doesn’t affect anyone else and is therefore their business.
I understand those cross cultural issues.

But then you have to grant that the collectivist communists, who believed that society trumps the individual, were allowed to suppress human rights and freedom.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Your country as does mine kills babies, that's beyond unbelievable and you don't have an issue

I fully support freewill between consenting adults, having said that, it's not my country and I didn't vote
You are imposing your standards on others
You overbearing, self righteous preachy arrogant...you get the point

Look, I understand, I think it's wrong, but it's not our country.
If homosexuals are not welcome, get out

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yes.

I can judge by my standards what I find reprehensible. ...and the caning of two women for the "crime" of being gay is reprehensible.

Don't like it? Too bad.

Ha ha that's so funny
" I don't like it, that's to bad"
Yet you are the person who is having the reaction and tantrum
Seems you don't like it, me I think it's sad that lesbians are suffering a punishment. I just know in that culture the outcome, as the convicted women do is that punishment
At leas they were not stoned as some ME cultures may require
I am not saying it's right or wrong, it's just their culture

Don't like it, too bad

edit on 4-9-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: Raggedyman

So you are being intolerant of others intolerance
I am sure their are laws in the US that some cultures would be disgusted by
I am sure some people in the US are disgusted by some of their own laws

Why do you get to be the morality judge, who made you the police of right and wrong, the judge of others?

So you think it's cool to publicly beat two people because of an action they made that affects only them?

Nah personally I judge any and every ridiculous law and #ty cultural practice from anywhere in the world equally. The way I see it if a law isn't protecting someone's personal safety or property from someone else, the morality of said laws can certainly be put to question. Just because it's somebody's culture doesn't mean it's totally #ed.

No I didnt say I thought it was cool, thats moronic to imply that I think its cool

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I can not believe the stupidity of some people on these forums

I fully support homosexuals in their choice as consenting adults

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What you are doing here is known as selective outrage, do you eat chocolate made by child slaves in west Africa, or wear designer clothes made in sweatshops in China or India or other countries that corporations exploit ?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Metallicus
I understand those cross cultural issues.

But then you have to grant that the collectivist communists, who believed that society trumps the individual, were allowed to suppress human rights and freedom.

No, I do not.

As soon as any collectivism is allowed to usurp the rights of individual actual people you end up with the kind of abuse we are seeing with the caning of the two individuals in the OP.

I care about a person and not collectives and group think.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Women would be punished for that in societies of half the populations of the world. WE do not have the authority to force our beliefs on those societies.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qboneq

They should be thankful that they are not “DEAD” yet. Honestly, the whole story smells “fishy”. Living in the largest in "% "Muslim populations and try to act like LGBTQQIA ..?

Can you elaborate on what the bit I highlighted above means? You lost me after the 'T`.

originally posted by: Qboneq
Name” ONE”.. only” ONE” Muslim country around the globe supporting this kind of “typical American made MADNESS” and I’d be shut up.

You think lesbian sex is American Made? My goodness fella, lesbian sex is older than America by a long shot. Also your use of quotation marks suggests my highlighted bit above is a quote, can you tell us your source? This happened in an area governed by Sharia Law, that's very extreme version of the Muslim faith, you can't compare this to a Muslim country, it's a more extreme part of the faith. It would be like looking at the Wetboro Baptist Church and assuming they speak for all Christians.

quote]originally posted by: Qboneq
Those “IDIOTS” paying back what they have been “PAID” for…

To which idiots are you referring? I'm not sure who's been paid in this story, in your opinion...
edit on 5/9/18 by djz3ro because: Spelling

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join