It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Two easy wins now in doubt’: Trump renews attack on Sessions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

As much as I may find Sessions' personal politics idiotic and abhorrent I will say that he has run a pretty by the book Justice Department. So if equal application of the law is beneficial to the Dems then I think the Republicans have bigger issues than Sessions.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No, he's challenging the TIMING of the indictments.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Justice is blind.

Would it have been better for Sessions to wait until one of these two were already in office to announce their indictment?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Attack and criticism are two different things. President Trump knows what is going on. Wait and watch.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I don't think this is about protecting the guilty. I believe it's simply about timing. If Sessions would have anounced this a few months ago the party would have had time to support other candidates.

Timing? What timing? Trump has been itching for an excuse to fire Sessions since he recused himself from the Russian investigation. This just another in a series of attacks he's made against the man. There is no special timing about this.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
Trump has gotten the media and Dems to cheer for Session (an incredible task). If Session decided to start prosecuting the 51,000+ indictments in the near future what would they have to say? They want him now, they would be trapped with him then. But it's all could be a larp, either case we would likely know before mid-term.

Admittedly, history shows that Trump is pretty good at using his tweets and persona to manipulate the media into a frenzy. I have begun to take a stand back and watch approach. Trump knows the best way to get the media, democrats, and America confirming that Sessions is completely unbiased in his execution of the law is by tweeting as he is doing.

Personally, I do believe Sessions is not biased. He does go by the book and that is why Trump chose him. It does seem suspicious that Trump does not replace Sessions...he has shown he has no problem doing so when he really does dislike someone. So once again, I imagine there is going to be a Session DOJ surprise that will be more acceptable to many more since the media has been creating Sessions into an exemplary executor of the law.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

The reason that Sessions hasn't been fired is because he knows about the Russian collusion. That's the reason he recused himself, to protect trump but trump apparently can't see it.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
...but trump apparently can't see it.

Trump can see everything. Trump is like the 10th Degree Karate Blackbelt of American politics while Jeff Sessions is the board.

And boards, as Bruce told us, don't hit back.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: CynConcepts

The reason that Sessions hasn't been fired is because he knows about the Russian collusion. That's the reason he recused himself, to protect trump but trump apparently can't see it.

Hahaha...yeah right. I believe that there was all kinds of foreign government collusion occurring for decades throughout our government. Trump really is too new to the Washington DC elite game...I will keep watching and just wait and see what comes out all of this.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This is an uncanny situation.

I totally agree with you. There are many things that Obama had going on during his presidency that were not kosher in the least, and involved branches of the intelligence industry and the justice system too, things that he ought to have been opposed to, but continued to take advantage of despite that.

For Trump, a man who was voted in as a tonic against that manner of meddling, to engage in such nonsense, AND to do it so publicly, is like taking a loaded pistol and placing it against his own temple, politically speaking. And to be frank, he cannot afford that. That being said, he cannot afford for all the investigations pending right now, to reach their logical conclusion unimpeded either, because that path also ends badly for him. No matter which way you slice it, Trump is cornered right now.

Acting out against Sessions makes him look bad, and so would permitting things to continue. The best he can achieve is to carry on the confidence trick that got him elected, in this case by spreading so much BS about the case or cases themselves, that no matter what the findings of the justice department, he comes out with enough of a rabid support base, that it makes little difference at the polls or ballot box.

He is however, showing himself up to everyone else, as exactly the sort of creature he swore to remove from politics.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Seems Trump is mad at the timing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join