It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation hearings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wanna bet these 42000 documents contain meaningless ?

LOL

The important stuff would have been leaked already.

LOL 😁

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Of course not. Lol

link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

oh, i don't think it's okay, but neither is dumping a ton of docs that the dems had been asking for many weeks if not months a day or two, or three before the hearing is scheduled. and while we are talking about civics classes and such... guess who must have skipped all of those classes and seems to think that the justice department should be just one of his weapons against his political leaders??

link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You and I both know they are going to vote no, regardless.

This isn't intelligent or democratic, rather, shady and obstructionist.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Heckle and Jeckle are present.

💥😎💥

Voters beware as The Autumn Witch of November gets closer.

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: xuenchen

Yet the Trump administration had imposed a flat ban on abortion for undocumented minors in federally funded shelters. (It maintained that minors who wished to terminate their pregnancies should either find a sponsor in the U.S.—a near impossible task for many without family here—or leave the country.) Kavanaugh held that this position did not constitute an undue burden, in a ruling which would have forced “Jane Doe,” a 17-year-old who was already 15 weeks pregnant, to continue her unwanted pregnancy.
There is little mystery to how all this ends.

The full D.C. Circuit swiftly overturned Kavanaugh’s ruling and granted Doe access to abortion. In response, Kavanaugh penned a furious dissent that brimmed over with anti-abortion rhetoric. The majority, he sneered, had granted Doe “abortion on demand”—a phrase that, as Irin Carmon notes, is deployed by the right to “denote women capriciously making decisions for themselves.” He claimed that Doe was not mature enough to make this “major life decision” on her own, even though she had already received the necessary judicial bypass from a state court. And he asserted, incredibly, that the Trump administration was being unlawfully forced to “facilitate” Doe’s abortion by merely stepping aside and letting her obtain it. (This argument is fundamentally theological, not legal.)

slate.com...

I kind of think that if he is appointed, even if he doesn't help over turn roe v. wade, he will allow laws along with the legal proceedings that would follow to just extend so far out that abortion is no longer an option.
which was the tactic that he bought into here.
I am pretty sure that there are a few republican female senators that might object to this.

In reference to the part speculating on Kavanaugh’s future rulings...it’s just that, speculation. Ever SCJ has made rulings contradictory to what their opponents “thought” they would do. It’s like not hiring someone for a job because they “might” violate company policy 10 years down the road. What a way to do business...

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Abortion is the key problem with Kavanaugh as far as the Democrats are concerned. Its really all they rant on about, preserving the right to kill babies. I dont understand exactly how Kavanaugh could over turn Roe, it appears to be pretty much settled law.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

As opposed to the epa or irs?

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Haha. A slight adjustment of the rules may be warranted.
I don't want to die before the confirmation!

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"Overload them with documents containing nothing so we can delay the nomination until we can figure out what to do with our lives."

- Said all the democrats who met on the weekend to get naked together and discuss how to save their asses.

link   
The leftists are embarrassing themselves.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sounds like the arrests might be up to about 28 now.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I don't even think he'll attempt, at least anytime soon, if at all.

Imho, they just don't like that part about him, figured he'll logically gun for that and just ran with it 😌

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

they just had tens of thousands of documents dumped on them over the weekend... I seem to remember it was on labor day, and someone mentioned it was last night. I ain't sure exactly when, or what the exact number was. some are saying they should just dump those docs onto the net and let the american people go over them let the dems know what is there.

and instead of reading them they opted to hold meetings to coordinate their planned obstruction.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Lab4Us

oh, i don't think it's okay, but neither is dumping a ton of docs that the dems had been asking for many weeks if not months a day or two, or three before the hearing is scheduled. and while we are talking about civics classes and such... guess who must have skipped all of those classes and seems to think that the justice department should be just one of his weapons against his political leaders??

I see it’s not possible to have a discussion without someone bringing POTUS up...who I don’t think I referenced at all...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Ok - lets declassify all of the Kavanaugh documents they want, but then be fair and declassify all of the FISA documents relating to the spying on the Trump campaign...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Ok - lets declassify all of the Kavanaugh documents they want, but then be fair and declassify all of the FISA documents relating to the spying on the Trump campaign...
Ohhh....well now....I'm game 😳 🤑 🤫
edit on 4-9-2018 by Arnie123 because: Sleight of hand

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Trump had his token woman on his list of nominees, and a few other token legitimate candidates, but his nominee was going to be Kavanaugh from the get-go, and for one reason. He believes the POTUS has the right to be an authoritarian, and shouldn't be investigated while in office. When I read the bio's on the list, I actually laughed it was so obvious who his choice would be.

When Mueller issues his report which incriminates Trump and many of his swamp crooks, they will take it to the Supreme Court and he wants Kavanaugh there to object to the findings and say the investigation was illegal.

Here is your transparency. All anybody has to do, is open their mind enough to see it. It's more manipulation and self protection for this highly inadequate "president", who could care less about justice.

As MacBeth said, "For mine own good, all causes shall give way".
This describes DT to a tee.

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Sounds like the arrests might be up to about 28 now.

You would think rules about gallery behavior would be posted somewhere???
Oh wait ....those rules must be for someone else....

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Why? Don't be ridiculous.

Because instead of doing their jobs they opted not to read the documents provided, any of them, and only a couple met with the judge.

They were just outed by NBC with their meeting over the weekend to coordinate their obstruction for these hearings.

Democrats are a disgrace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join