It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation hearings

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.cnn.com... lol kamala harris is rasing a stink and they are damn near screaming at each other and calling for order

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I'm tearing up just listening to Brett Kavanaugh's words about his family, his friends, and his country. You can tell he is a man of great character and love. The words about his mom were very touching.

Tearing up? Seriously?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.thecut.com... lol they are really ramping up the hyperbole on this one arent they

As senators prepare to spend the next few days grilling Brett Kavanaugh, Trump’s nominee for Supreme Court justice, protesters lined the halls outside the hearing room in full Handmaid’s Tale garb — a chilling reminder of what the future could look like in the hands of someone who ruled against an undocumented teenager in a detention facility seeking the right to access an abortion (among other things). The protesters come from Demand Justice, an advocacy group attempting to block the confirmation. In a statement, they said, “Brett Kavanaugh is an extremist ideologue who, if confirmed to the Supreme Court, will take away women’s basic rights.”
id say we could turn it into a drinking game of every time they say "chilling" or "terrifying" or "cant be confrimed" but i dont want any of my fellow ats members to die of liver failure or alcohol abuse over the weekend

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Yep. I'm tender-hearted when it comes to sons (or daughters for that matter) praising their moms so eloquently and honestly. His mom looked so proud of him. It was touching and natural, not fake.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Kavanaugh did very well, class act.
Now we'll see how MSM introduces him to the American Public, which was supposed to be the whole reason for today's hearing.

That Father bum rushed him at an inappropriate moment. I'm sorry for his loss, however I doubt his intention was to have a friendly exchange with BK, he's there because he sadly /mistakenly believes that the 2nd amendment killed his child. I wonder how this Father ended up there to begin with, was he invited ?
edit on 4-9-2018 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

The same people who said trump was outrageous for saying their could be violence of the Dems win are now claiming this judge being confirmed could lead to a world like a tv show where women are legally sex slaves

Good stuff

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.thecut.com... lol they are really ramping up the hyperbole on this one arent they

As senators prepare to spend the next few days grilling Brett Kavanaugh, Trump’s nominee for Supreme Court justice, protesters lined the halls outside the hearing room in full Handmaid’s Tale garb — a chilling reminder of what the future could look like in the hands of someone who ruled against an undocumented teenager in a detention facility seeking the right to access an abortion (among other things). The protesters come from Demand Justice, an advocacy group attempting to block the confirmation. In a statement, they said, “Brett Kavanaugh is an extremist ideologue who, if confirmed to the Supreme Court, will take away women’s basic rights.”
id say we could turn it into a drinking game of every time they say "chilling" or "terrifying" or "cant be confrimed" but i dont want any of my fellow ats members to die of liver failure or alcohol abuse over the weekend

Wonder if the rang a bell and walked behind him saying "shame" on the way out....GOT...SCOTUS edition!

LOL...what world is this when Cosplay and politics can be combined at a SCOTUS confirmation? I think it would be funny if they came in and put up curtains in front of the protesters....

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

I wonder how this Father ended up there to begin with, was he invited ?

Orchestrated. The camera was right there to "get the shot" and CNN (or whoever) was ready with the false narrative.

They STILL think Americans are stupid. Even a brain dead lib should see through this crapola.
edit on 4-9-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
LOL...what world is this when Cosplay and politics can be combined at a SCOTUS confirmation?

The word you're looking for is LARP. The protestors are LARPers.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The little bitch Democrats got their way. Adjourned unit tomorrow at 930

Its just a wag the dog show. WHy? because the republicans already have the votes to confirm him since the dems screwed up the rules on the previous one which lessened the amount of votes.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
Now we'll see how MSM introduces him to the American Public, which was supposed to be the whole reason for today's hearing.

The liberal media is ignoring today's embarrassing (for them) SCOTUS confirmation hearing. Instead, they're focusing on important stuff, like White House soap opera material.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

. I wonder how this Father ended up there to begin with, was he invited ?

A CBSN pundit noted the father had a Visitor badge on and from where he was located a Senator or their staff had to arrange all that.

My guess would be a Senator that always leaks to CNN, so that narrows it down to 49.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: amazing
Same as everything.

All Supreme court nominees get grilled hard and obstructed and demeaned by the opposing party. It's always been that way and will always be that way until we get more third party/independents in office.

If you stand back it's really funny that you guys get so worked up about it. It's like you forget this happens every time, with every president, with every nominee, from every party.

Since this is the current event, you republicans slamming the democrats for what their doing today, when you know darn well that it would be the same if the it was a democratic president nominating someone.

Don't you guys get that? Did you forget? What's going on here? LOL

I would like you to point me to the video of screaming banshees being arrested in the Senate the last time there was a Democrat backed SCOTUS Justice up for confirmation, all of which was planned by the Republican leader in the Senate. What? There isn’t one? Imagine that...

Well my point was more for how the politicians were acting. I got nothing on a few screaming banshee's.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

That Father bum rushed him at an inappropriate moment. I'm sorry for his loss, however I doubt his intention was to have a friendly exchange with BK, he's there because he sadly /mistakenly believes that the 2nd amendment killed his child. I wonder how this Father ended up there to begin with, was he invited ?

Glad to see Kavanaugh is smart enough to avoid situations that may force him to recuse himself from any 2A cases that reach SCOTUS. I’m sure that was the Dems plan there since they made sure the father had access to Kavanaugh on camera. So transparent, the Dems desperation.

I will give the father credit...he and his child were true victims, though unfortunately he can’t see he’s beeing used. He is unlike the Parkland students who happened to be at school that day and were nowhere near the shooting...but some of whom play the shooting victim card almost daily.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Chuck Schumer personally coached "disrupters" this past week on tactics to create maximum mayhem at the Kavanaugh confirmation.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

I wonder what their assignment is tomorrow, for ratcheting the stupidity up a notch? Maybe barfing on the floor.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Schumer, Harris, and company really deserve censures for this nonsense. We're not talking about basic, uncodified norms of behavior being violated here, we're talking about Senators breaking procedural rules of order AND colluding to organize direct disruption of Senate procedures. They should have been removed from the chambers and then a vote held to officially censure them.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Same as everything.

All Supreme court nominees get grilled hard and obstructed and demeaned by the opposing party. It's always been that way and will always be that way until we get more third party/independents in office.

If you stand back it's really funny that you guys get so worked up about it. It's like you forget this happens every time, with every president, with every nominee, from every party.

Since this is the current event, you republicans slamming the democrats for what their doing today, when you know darn well that it would be the same if the it was a democratic president nominating someone.

Don't you guys get that? Did you forget? What's going on here? LOL

I would like you to point me to the video of screaming banshees being arrested in the Senate the last time there was a Democrat backed SCOTUS Justice up for confirmation, all of which was planned by the Republican leader in the Senate. What? There isn’t one? Imagine that...

Well my point was more for how the politicians were acting. I got nothing on a few screaming banshee's.

The banshees were doing the bidding of the Dems (weekend planning meeting orchestrated by Schumer, as reported by NBC). I think at last count 26 or so arrested/removed...more than a few.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: pavil

Chuck Schumer personally coached "disrupters" this past week on tactics to create maximum mayhem at the Kavanaugh confirmation.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

I wonder what their assignment is tomorrow, for ratcheting the stupidity up a notch? Maybe barfing on the floor.

Maybe Schumer is auditionIng for President of Haiti? ...or any of the other 3rd world countries. Somewhere where he can be all powerful?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
dailycaller.com...

Time to issue another censure to Pocahontas as well, it seems.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I really liked what Benjamin Sasse, Senator for Nebraska, had to say.

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join