It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation hearings

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

It depends greatly upon who the committee chair is, but apparently, today on the Senate Judiciary C., you can.

They're trying to Bork him.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Ha....apparently Linda Sarsour was one of the protesters arrested.

Always wear a mask around SARS

📢📣

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
LOL

Senator Klobuchar (D, MN) saying the hearing isn't normal.

Citing all the wrong reasons 😃

She is Livid

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Indeed.

Or something along the lines of...

"Is there a question in there somewhere, Senator?"

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I get so sick of the overly-dramatic hyperbolic emotional antics of Dems. Anybody listening to this hearing sees it for what it really is....bitter grapes over who the American People elected in 2016.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That'd be more fun than what's currently goin' on... (An observation by a friend.)
edit on 9/4/2018 by seagull because: Apparently, it's broken English day...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Democrats complaining about the rule of law.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

And denying Obama his last Supreme Court pick was what?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Brilliant Strategy

💥😵💥

link   
This is great, long boring and self centered hysterics.
LOL!

Democrats; not my party ever but if they were I would
be embarrassed, because they are so afraid there will
be a balance of power.

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Just as wrong as what's being attempted today.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I get so sick of the overly-dramatic hyperbolic emotional antics of Dems. Anybody listening to this hearing sees it for what it really is....bitter grapes over who the American People elected in 2016.

Looks like Democrats are witnessing history.

Their entire agenda is crumbling like a stale saltine cracker.

Right before their eyes 👁‍🗨⏳🕰

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Just as wrong as what's being attempted today.

Generally each side feels like they are victimized by the other party...

As an outsider it looks to be about equal, the only difference is who is in power. The Right did this while Obama was in office, and the shoe will most likely be on the other foot when Trump leaves office.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

He was counting on Hillary, so he didn't get too worked up
right? I mean the insurance policy, the firewalls, etc.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Same as everything.

All Supreme court nominees get grilled hard and obstructed and demeaned by the opposing party. It's always been that way and will always be that way until we get more third party/independents in office.

If you stand back it's really funny that you guys get so worked up about it. It's like you forget this happens every time, with every president, with every nominee, from every party.

Since this is the current event, you republicans slamming the democrats for what their doing today, when you know darn well that it would be the same if the it was a democratic president nominating someone.

Don't you guys get that? Did you forget? What's going on here? LOL

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Some news about .....

Kavanaugh’s daughters rushed out of chaotic, ‘hot’ hearing

As Democratic senators fought to delay the hearing of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, and as spectators jarringly heckled the process Tuesday, his two young daughters were rushed from the hearing room, according to sources.

The two, Margaret and Liza, were taken out by their mother, Ashley, as the hearing got “hot,” said one insider.

“It was very unpleasant for young children,” said the insider.

Family Values 😎🚬

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I know people in glass houses and all that....but from the outside looking in this looks like yet another knock to the credibility of the US.

Such a shame that a great people are portrayed in such a poor manner - and that applies to all those, regardless of political affiliation, who maintain this ridiculous left/right divisiveness.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I just had to UN follow a friend on face book. All morning constant posts of obstruction and Demtards. LOL On here you guys get it and I can vent. On there I don't have the heart to tell him that republicans do the same thing and send him into a depression or something. LOL

It amazes me that people are really this stupid and/or that they didn't expect this? Next cycle when we have a Democratic president, the Democrats will be "amazed and saddened" by so much obstruction and Mean spiritedness, having forgotten this episode.

How dumb are my fellow Americans?
edit on 4-9-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Is anybody listening to Sen. Ben Sasse from Nebraska? I didn't realize what a powerful speaker and logical-thinking orator he is. I'm going to keep my eye on this young senator. (Why is it Republicans are so much more rational and reasonable?)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

More or less agree. Although Kavanaugh is going to be approved unless it comes out he eats babies.

So people need to stop acting like only one side is prone to histrionics. It wasn't that long ago that the Republicans were the Party of No for eight years. Yet I keep seeing people act like what the Dems are doing is unprecedented.

As long as people keep giving their own side a free pass we're just going to see Congress' approval rating drop lower and lower. Because at the end of the day none of them actually care about us. They care about the cushy job with the nice pay and great benefits.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join