It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidencies. How many have you been through?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We bitch and moan and support and criticize, Trump this, Bush that.. and Clinton did... Whatever.

We all talk like we're experts with "twits" and takers, liars and thieves. This got me thinking. How many presidencies have you, your family, employment, schooling, economy, gas rationing, surpluses, war, crisis's... have given you the ideas you're spouting here? Many of you only know what you read, watch and listen to.

So these assessments are made based on that. I was working making $$ from the Johnson years till now. Me and my marriages, schooling, employment history, credit in both good and bad economies, wars, feminist movements, all facets of my life... we're directly related to going through presidential administrations and the changes each brought. But, I think many, many thread makers and opinionists.. open and discuss based on at most 2-4 presidencies.

When one speaks like they got it figured out after living through a couple admins... I believe you can't possible deduce good and bad by book, file or radio. You have to have lived and benefited or were setback during multiple admins., by BEING THERE!

Mine are listed below. Im critical of Trump after being around when he was a smart ass rich kid. I know it... because I watched it when he was. Many on ATS werent even born then... so in discussing courts and president mis-steps, achievements curses and comments... I'm curious to know how many affected your life?

The more you have been affected by living and/or suffering or benefitting through all changes, ideas and faux pas of the different presidencies.. the more in depth you understand the long term policy making, legal and ethical changes each admin. brought to the table... Good and bad. And not just some 10-20 years of interpretation you've got from news, pictures, computers and podcasts.

Below, I list mine, and each term(s) changed my work, home, gas, student loans, tax bracket and groceries differently in some way. Now, let's see yours! That would go a lot farther the next time you explain the court, legal, military goings on of this presidency.

I may not reply here much... But I seriously want to know. Thanks for the input. - Mysterioustranger

Dwight Eisenhower (2)
1953–1961
John F. Kennedy
1961–1963
Lyndon Johnson
1963–1969
Richard Nixon
1969–1974
Gerald Ford
1974–1977
Jimmy Carter
1977–1981
Ronald Reagan (2)
1981–1989
George H. W. Bush
1989–1993
William J. Clinton (2)
1993–2001
George W. Bush (2)
2001–2009
Barack Obama (2)
2009–2017
Donald J. Trump

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Wouldn't it be simpler to just ask for the age of everyone who reply's?

ETA. I do somewhat agree with your hypothesis, but there are considerable variables that could go against it.
edit on 3-9-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I was only about eight when Kennedy was shot, I remember that day at school. I have heard quite a few political lies in my life. All presidents lied or hid the truth, why should Trump be any different.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My first election I could vote in was 92.
The one where Ross Perot elected bill Clinton

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I was born in 1973 and I have the sneaking suspicion that everyone from Carter on (if not before) have all been controlled by exactly the same people. So as far as I'm concerned, the same guy has been in charge all my life.

And really, starting with Reagan, it's not so hard to believe, is it? Bush rode in on Reagan and W Bush rode in with HW Bush. There's substantial evidence that the Bushes and the Clintons are (and were always) in cahoots. Obama was probably a Clinton plant. Trump is a bit out of focus for now so we'll have to wait and see. He smells like tuna though.

So even if you exclude Trump, that's 36 years that were dominated by a small handful of people who seem to be very much the same.

edit on 3-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Dwight Eisenhower (2) 1953–1961
John F. Kennedy 1961–1963
Lyndon Johnson 1963–1969
Richard Nixon 1969–1974
Gerald Ford 1974–1977
Jimmy Carter 1977–1981
Ronald Reagan (2) 1981–1989
George H. W. Bush 1989–1993
William J. Clinton (2) 1993–2001
George W. Bush (2)
2001–2009 Barack Obama (2)
2009– Donald J. Trump

All the above and corrected your mistake of putting Trump's last year as 2017
Now , you correct it

The worst terms
Jimmy Carter
Barry Soetero
Not necessarily in that order.

The best goes to
Ronald Reagan
Bill Clinton
Not necessarily in that order

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Truman on.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was born in 67 ... So :
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush
Clinton
Bush
Obama
Trump
Those have been the U.S. Presidents in my life time so far ....a total Of 9 presidents ....Carter is the first of all Of them that I can remember as president , as a child ...mostly because my parents had billy beer, the hostage situation , and my parents didn't like Him... ...I remember seeing Reagan shot, and the pope ....and the bush era was the first time I could legally vote ....

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Truman was in office when I arrived brand new on Earth. Eisenhower, Nixon and Trump are noteworthy. Donald Trump the best of all.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
"Many of you only know what you read, watch and listen to."

Well this brings me to a curious question...? How else..? Devine intervention...? Learning is watching re-runs of life, day after day as events unfold.

edit on 4-9-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Just to say it, Trump was not elected in 2009, he was elected in 2016 and took office in 2017.
Obama did not take office in 2001 either.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Too many. Not enough. No joke. Do the math.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I remember when Dwight Eisenhower was being criticized for being a do nothing president; no kidding !

Every president who has ever sat in the office has pissed someone off. Some more than others.

Forget the disparaging words and instead look at the state of the nation and how many have jobs. It sucks no matter where you are if you can not work or have money for important stuff like food and shelter.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Born 64

So really the first president that I really remember was Nixon. Even though my parents weren't political, the news was always on in the morning and the evening considering we had one tv that was what you watched. Remember Nixon getting on the helicopter flying off after he resigned and asking my Dad what does that mean for us LOL, he said not a damn thing tomorrow you will go to school, Ill go to work and life continues on.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: Gothmog

Just to say it, Trump was not elected in 2009, he was elected in 2016 and took office in 2017.
Obama did not take office in 2001 either.

Somehow the quotes got messed up , I guess

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
My first election I could vote in was 92.
The one where Ross Perot elected bill Clinton

With Bluntone22 on this. I was a Nixon baby. But Harry Reid and gang pressured me on voting for Clinton out of highschool.. been traumatized........ To Be Continued.

Edit: and poof I turned out decent.

edit on 4-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I've been through a few Presidents and Presidents-to-be.

-Stormy

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I was born during Reagan’s last year. Wasn’t old enough to vote till Bush jr. was running for his second term. So ya I still have some learning to do but I am certainly not naive enough to just devote myself to just one party and ignore facts. Something that most my age seem to have done.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
i was born in '74. I think us presidents usually come for two terms.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I was born during Reagan’s last year. Wasn’t old enough to vote till Bush jr. was running for his second term. So ya I still have some learning to do but I am certainly not naive enough to just devote myself to just one party and ignore facts. Something that most my age seem to have done.

It is really the issue you learn from you experiences. After Nixon we get Carter who is an honest decent man but wasnt prepared for the back channel dealings and corruption of Washington DC. Reagan comes in and you get Iran Contra and the CIA all over Central and South America in shady partnerships with drug cartels behind the scenes, while everything seems peachy keen compared to the last 2 presidents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join