It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiker Disappears Without a Trace in Washington State

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Here is another map to show how much wilderness surround this area, almost this whole map, hundreds of square miles.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Suddenly the gun toting hiker became everyone friend.

Isn't it a requirement that you have a concealed carry permit before you can carry a firearm on National Park land?

I wouldn't feel safe being that far away from civilization without some kind of personal protection. I guess that's the reason I don't go hiking...

-dex

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

On the top toolbar click the v tab and choose upload. Upload the desired picture and copy the line in` BBcode for use in post:` Then paste it in your post. Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

Suddenly the gun toting hiker became everyone friend.

Isn't it a requirement that you have a concealed carry permit before you can carry a firearm on National Park land?

I wouldn't feel safe being that far away from civilization without some kind of personal protection. I guess that's the reason I don't go hiking...

-dex

That's why I talked to the Park Ranger first. Even though I do have one I asked the Park Ranger what if any issues are there with carrying one on the hiking trails. I heard that there was some changes that were in talks, but wasn't sure if they had been implemented yet.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If she disappeared without a trace, how do you know she disappeared?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Simple no one can find her, the real question is why? And how? It could just be she doesn't want to be found.... among more less fun and possibly morbid reasons....

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Yet in your first post that is exactly what you did only on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Now that I pointed that out you accuse me of wanting to live in La La land.

ETA by the way that is twice you have speculated on my motives. You can't teach an old dog (you) new tricks I guess

Seriously, do you guys make a full time job of being offended or what?

Its inconceivable , how upset some of you choose to get over the most simple things........

Christ on a cracker..I just....how?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21

Simple no one can find her, the real question is why? And how? It could just be she doesn't want to be found.... among more less fun and possibly morbid reasons....

Yeah but how do they know she exists if she didn't leave a trace?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
How do you know it's not a conspiracy?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
No saying it could be bigfoot or a crazy hermit with a gun. I will try to post a map. I uploaded a pic of a map with the sites, but the photo system on this website is so retarded I can't get it to find the picture I just uploaded.

Who's to say, but I live in that area and have been to the area she was lost in. It would be really, really easy to get lost, particularly if your not experienced. I don' t think she would have died of dehydration as she should have been able to find water in that area. If she was knowledgeable she could have found edible greens as well. The weather at this time is still warm enough so she wouldn't have died from hypothermia. Maybe she fell, the area is hilly in some parts. It is a mystery.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I've been following the facebook page #findsamsayers since they made the group after she went missing. She was friends with a girl I went to highschool with.

I can't imagine the pain her family is suffering.

I didn't want to be rude but I was wondering if David Paulides would be interested in this?

I know her mom wants her to come home Today.

ETA:

A lot of us have been helping review drone footage, since most of us aren't trained or professional hikers, or S&R, or have trained dogs. If you want to help maybe you can spot something here is the link to where they are uploading the videos.

www.youtube.com...

Feel free to join the FB page as well if you'd like to show the family and Boyfriend Kevin some support.

-Alee
edit on 9/4/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Yeah but how do they know she exists if she didn't leave a trace?

She was on video from another hiker as they were approaching the summit if I'm not mistaken. Some boyscouts said they ran into her at one point, and her cell phone pinged her coming down the wrong side of the mountain if I recall correctly. "wrong" as in not torward Headlee pass where she came from. Her birthday was approaching at the time and her mom wondered if she was trying to do something special like push herself to another summit, or if she had planned to explore any mines but she had not communicated that desire to anyone so they are totally unsure what happened.

-Alee
edit on 9/4/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

While I can only assume you are joking... I digress there is very little to question as to if she was a real person, to disappear without a trace means to vanish without leaving hard evidence as to where or how you vanished.

That being said I can honestly only assume she is real in the same way I can only assume you are real and not a figment of my imagination, based on the information provided to me.

I mean how can I honestly prove that anything is real?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
its amazing the " conclusions " people leap to - with zero evvidence .

compare this thread to :

thread

2 disaperances of hikers - some very different assumptions made

go figure

i just hope that both cases may be concluded in a satiftactory manner

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The wild animals are flourishing. They are in your local suburbs now. My mother in Cincinnati, Ohio has a herd of seven deer that sleep in her yard. In the middle of the city area. One of the deer has only three legs and has three children. She is able to still hop a five foot fence. In Winchester, Virginia out side Washington D.C. 18 years ago, my neighbor saw a mountain lion run across the street on her way to work. There was also a bear on that same road who watched a man who kept bees mow his yard. In my yard in South Carolina ten years ago, I have caught a photo of a bobcat on trail cam twenty feet from the house in the suburbs. People don't hunt much anymore so the population of wild animals is expanding. Coyotes are also in my yard and have ate all the outdoor cats in the area they can. A friend in Kentucky said she had a cougar on her farm living in a cave. I went fossil hunting in Eastern Ohio and saw large cat paw prints in the creek mud, along with a half eaten deer remains and half eaten big buzzard. I looked it up on the internet and it said someone's exotic pet BIG Cat, a lion, escaped and they never found it in that town area of Ohio. It says these animals will seek out mates and breed with out native Cat species in America. So African blood of Lions are in some Mountain Lions' off spring. The Gob dont want to be liable or responsible for this, so no one discusses it. This makes it very scary to be in the woods, go camping, have livestock....
Never hike alone is the main premise, carry a satelite cell phone, personal locator signal, take a gun and knife. Bear spray, coyote spray, etc... Force protection. Anything is possible out there.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
The wild animals are flourishing. They are in your local suburbs now. My mother in Cincinnati, Ohio has a herd of seven deer that sleep in her yard. In the middle of the city area. One of the deer has only three legs and has three children. She is able to still hop a five foot fence. In Winchester, Virginia out side Washington D.C. 18 years ago, my neighbor saw a mountain lion run across the street on her way to work. There was also a bear on that same road who watched a man who kept bees mow his yard. In my yard in South Carolina ten years ago, I have caught a photo of a bobcat on trail cam twenty feet from the house in the suburbs. People don't hunt much anymore so the population of wild animals is expanding. Coyotes are also in my yard and have ate all the outdoor cats in the area they can. A friend in Kentucky said she had a cougar on her farm living in a cave. I went fossil hunting in Eastern Ohio and saw large cat paw prints in the creek mud, along with a half eaten deer remains and half eaten big buzzard. I looked it up on the internet and it said someone's exotic pet BIG Cat, a lion, escaped and they never found it in that town area of Ohio. It says these animals will seek out mates and breed with out native Cat species in America. So African blood of Lions are in some Mountain Lions' off spring. The Gob dont want to be liable or responsible for this, so no one discusses it. This makes it very scary to be in the woods, go camping, have livestock....
Never hike alone is the main premise, carry a satelite cell phone, personal locator signal, take a gun and knife. Bear spray, coyote spray, etc... Force protection. Anything is possible out there.

Hi I live in Cinci too! Had a baby deer race our truck down the street yesterday it was adorable. We usually get 10's 20's 30's of deer in our neighborhood. Then we've had lots of coyotes lately in the Cinci Suburbs too. Personally I wouldnj't mind big cats. But to your point yes, the animals are surely out and about.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

While I can only assume you are joking...

I'm half joking. I just get tired of headlines that don't make any sense. "Without a trace" is a frequent news headline that is actually nonsensical if you think about it because it's actually impossible to "disappear without a trace". Or at least if anyone actually did disappear without a trace, no one would ever know about it because a person's very existence is a trace. Hence, it is completely impossible to disappear without ever having existed at all in the first place.

So, a better headline would be....."Hiker is missing and no one knows where the # she is!"

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I spent some time in the eastern part of the state in survival school, I would not hike the wild areas of that state without a gun, or enough people with the ability to pull my butt out of a crack if things go south.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Many of the features of this site are so outdated it amazes me anybody is able to make a coherent OP including images and the like. Must take hours and hours of attempted unnecesarry bull# uploads, etc.

I have personally written and abadoned about three OPs simply because I was unable to add any images or external files and then its boring. Yada yada. Its a joke! Thats not even mentioning the trojan ads this site is plauged with.
edit on 4-9-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's been over a month since she was last seen. Realistically, it's now a recovery operation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join