It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiker Disappears Without a Trace in Washington State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The yellow spot on the left of the map is roughly where this happened:

komonews.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Sigh. You know it all I guess.

.......are you trolling or? I dont get your standpoint youre just making comments that dont pertain to the post at all just attacking posters.

What input do you have for the situation?

Have you been up there?

Whats your take on it all?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

The fact is you don't know and it could have been aliens, bigfoot, a hermit, a timeslip or any # of things.

The probability of my winning the lottery on my first ever ticket is much greater
From your replies , I would assume you have never been in the wilderness ?

edit on 9/3/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: Guyfriday

You make a lot of assumptions and state your opinions as fact.

Bad combo

Hes not wrong though, I lived in the PNW for quite a few years, theres everything from lions to some of the biggest damn bears outside of Alaska youll ever see. Not to mention it can be 85 degrees or 90 in the day, and then plummet at night when the rains come in and you end up with hypothermia.

You HAVE to be prepared for any/most scenarios if you go out in areas like that. Including having a backup plan/food resources, in the event you gt stuck and/or lost.

Like the beach jogger that got stuck on a cliffside when the tide rolled in on the Kitsap Peninsula not long ago. If she had taken the time to read the tide charts before running on the beach she wouldn't have had to be rescued.

The attack by that mountain lion was very rare, you are right, but in resent years I've seen deer galore, bears, and yes ever bobcats and mountains lions going through the neighborhood and I live in a city here not some out in the woods place. Being prepared when heading out for a friendly trail hike is just something people don't seem to do anymore (well some of us do, but you get the drift)

I have heard from my friend up there, who is also a hunter, that a lot of the predatory animals are coming closer to domestic areas than they ever have.

He says there is an issue with over predation by introduced wolves, which has cut down the wild game availability, combined with ever encroaching human development which has made them seek out other areas.

How much of that is true I dont know, but hes actually told me that he expects attacks to take an uptick.

As far as the OP goes, what people are missing in your post is that she didnt even HAVE to be attacked by animals, she could have just gotten hurt in the rough, or passed away from a mistake or a LITANY of other factors, she would have been carrion for anything around up there, and there are tons.

Again tho, do yourself a favor Watch missing411 , then read the book its fantastic

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The fact is you don't know and it could have been aliens, bigfoot, a hermit, a timeslip or any # of things.

The probability of my winning the lottery on my first ever ticket is much greater

I find most people that protest so much have never actually EXPERIENCED what they are so adamant about.....

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

He says there is an issue with over predation by introduced wolves

The wolves are mostly in Eastern Washington, and there's not that many of them. Development and population growths are the culprits.

I have actually been below the peak. I fished at the lake and got eaten alive by bugs while my Dad and his friends climbed the peak.

And I am familiar with missing 411, I heard it on Coast to Coast.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

He says there is an issue with over predation by introduced wolves

The wolves are mostly in Eastern Washington, and there's not that many of them. Development and population growths are the culprits.

I have actually been below the peak. I fished at the lake and got eaten alive by bugs while my Dad and his friends climbed the peak.

And I am familiar with missing 411, I heard it on Coast to Coast.

You should really watch the movie its pretty crazy.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I find most people that protest so much have never actually EXPERIENCED what they are so adamant about.....

I find the same.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this story, looking at the terrain I can understand why she would be difficult to find. Hopefully she is found soon. More information here: Seattle Times article

I did a basic search on bigfoot and sasquatch sightings in the area and didn't find any stories.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The truth of the matter is I'm not a very good typist so I don't like it. I tend to keep my answers short and to the point.

My original contention was with the poster who Stated that this was a result of the woman being unprepared. That may be but it is not a fact and certainly other possibilities exist. I have a problem with someone proclaiming to know, who in fact does not know.

As for my experience in the outdoors not that it should matter to this topic but I have spent a good portion of my life in the woods not out of necessity but by choice. I have spent many weeks in alone in the Paul Bunyon State forest as well as a year living alone along the edge of the Shawnee National forest. I have been a commercial fisherman and trapped game (mostly raccoon) In rural South Carolina.

If I would have spent my life in Manhattan it wouldn't change the fact that none of you know what happened and you do a disservice to the missing to state as fact your unsubstantiated opinion.

By the way an animal attack leaves alot of evidence as do most of the other scenarios mentioned.

The poster on here who told you to read missing 411 was right and until you do you will not realize how miss informed your speculation actually may be.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

........I was responding to you and agreeing with you, about the post you were talking about......

Perhaps you shouldnt be so quick to be offended and look at context.

I swear some people are so on guard to be attacked, they attack the very people that agree with them. At this point you guys really need to self evaluate
edit on 3-9-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You mean me and that weird thing I do where I use rational thought over wild speculation. 411 isn't as all that as it would seem, sure there are mysteries that occur in the wilds across the US, but this case doesn't fit into the normal accounts that get passed around amongst Park Rangers. Most likely event is that she misconstrued how long she had until night fall, got disorientated in the dark and lost her way, then fell victim to the weather. Of course this is all speculation (or opinion if you will). Putting out wild speculations due to your faith in a book that ignores rational thought over the sensations view to sell books, is another issue altogether.

I'm not saying that things like sasquatch doesn't exist (I've seen evidence first hand), nor am I stating that aliens don't exists either (I was a Field Investigator for MUFON), what I am saying is that just because a paranormal excuse can be used doesn't mean that it should be used first and only. Using rational ideas to rule out speculations is the smarter way of going about viewing the world. Unless you like living in a world of magic and mystery, then by all means carry on.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Just so we're clear I was responding to you as well as other posters who decided to attack me with no facts. ( funny that's what i was accusing some of you of in the first place)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The missing woman, described by her family and friends as an experienced hiker...

She had packed light and taken only chips, a few sandwiches and water.

How do these two statements reconcile? That is some rugged country. I have spent time hiking/hunting in various parts of it. Don't believe me? This is what the Washington Trails Association says about it:

Vesper Peak is definitely not for the novice hiker, but for those thirsting for one step beyond hiking into backcountry adventure...

www.wta.org...

Let's assume she was in shape and familiar with the territory. She still faced risks from the terrain, the weather, predatory animals (rare but present), and other people. Some water and chips sure does not sound like a robust packing list.

Unfortunately, disappearances like this happen quite frequently. Check out this guy's videos.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Yet in your first post that is exactly what you did only on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Now that I pointed that out you accuse me of wanting to live in La La land.

ETA by the way that is twice you have speculated on my motives. You can't teach an old dog (you) new tricks I guess
edit on 3-9-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

........I was responding to you and agreeing with you, about the post you were talking about......

Perhaps you shouldnt be so quick to be offended and look at context.

I swear some people are so on guard to be attacked, they attack the very people that agree with them. At this point you guys really need to self evaluate

Perhaps I mistook ?
Or maybe responded to the incorrect post ?
I will check..
I will offer a premeditated apology though

Yep , incorrect post
Slow ATS
It is official now
Apology proposed

I replied to your post in a different manner
Dang , I hope the post that gets that reply is not the one I intended for you...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Well first props for not blaming Trump for this

Secondly , that there looks like some harsh terrain to find someone in.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'm amazed by how many inexperienced hikers go out into rough terrain by themselves.

When these stories come up, it's always a person with little to no wilderness experience and they hiked off all on their own.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
She hiked a lot, all the articles say it, why do people keep pushing this crap?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join