It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Books that profoundly affected your world view on UFOs/Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A few I have enjoyed from a slightly skeptical but amused perspective are the following:

Stranger at the Pentagon
A Day with an Extraterrestrial
Secret Journey to Planet Serpo

Some of the more serious books I enjoyed were:

Communion
A Fire in the Sky
The Day After Roswell

And for some very interesting Internet reading here are some that I find entertaining, some believable, some entirely unbelievable but who knows:

The Dulce Book: thewatcherfiles.com...
There are 34 chapters and best I can tell they are a conglomeration of stories over the ages but still interesting to read

The UFO Highway: avalonlibrary.net...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
UFOS ARE REAL by Sgt. Clifford E. Stone - Some of the best UFOs documents from the US military and Canadian military Ive ever seen.

The Phoenix Lights by Dr. Lynne Kitei - Very convincing book about the personal experiences of UFO sights by Dr. Lynne before the incident and during. She also goes into some medical "quick tips" which I find funny. But the book has photo evidence thats very compelling.

The Ascension Mysteries by David Wilcock. Interesting disclosure from insiders and interesting photos. Pretty wild stuff. Plus it goes into reincarnation which I find intriguing.

Pleiadian Prophecy 2020: The New Golden Age by James Carwin - Incredible channeled info thru James Carwin from an ET named Deltavash about The Pleiadan Alliance and all sorts of ET species. The information in this book is so profound to me, I consider this book sacred and special. My personal Bible.

Books yet to read that I own that look good to me:

Solving the Communion Enigma: What Is to Come by Whitley Strieber.
The Coming of Tan by Riley Martin & O-Qua Tangin Wann - The drawings are very interesting to me. Especially the UFO ones.

Theres so many books out there. I feel like Ive only scratched the surface.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Moseley's - Confessions of a Grave Robbing Ufologist Link
Greg Bishop - It Defies Logic! Link
Greg Valdez - Dulce Base - The Truth and Evidence from the Case Files of Gabe Valdez Link
Michael D Swords - Grassroots UFOs Link
Jack Brewer - The Greys Have Been Framed Link

They're all very different books that come at UFOs and ufology from creative angles. Taken as a whole, these books really challenge the assumption that everything can be explained with one hypothesis - aliens. I chose them because most people will be unfamiliar with the authors and each of them bring fresh insights. Five books and five authors that could almost as easily have been ten books and ten authors.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
Anyway, enough waffle from me - what about YOU?

Great thread.
Probably not the answer you're looking for but the book which profoundly changed the way I view aliens was Whitley Strieber's book "The Secret School".

I loved Communion and I still clearly remember reading and being terrified by the high pitch voice he mentions, briefly thinking that perhaps I had experienced similar things.

After reading "The Secret School" it was clear that the book was just a cash grab and Whitley wasn't a brave survivor of spooky aliens but a smart writer who found his audience and played to it.

The Secret School taught me to be distrustful of all self proclaimed alien experts more than any skeptic ever could.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Good shout on Streiber. Easily one of the most influential authors for anyone getting into UFOs during the 80s and 90s. I never got into the guy and I don't know why. It wasn't at all because my BS meter was great...mine was terrible until the mid to late 90s. Face on Mars? Bermuda Triangle? Phil Corso? I swallowed it all. It was easier to be gullible with hardly any internet to fact check. Wishful thinking is a huge factor.

I'm not so sure if he's a master hoaxer or if he's been sincerely misled by the enchanting phenomena.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's hard to say, Probably a bit of both.
The whole say a lie enough and people will believe it probably works on the liars as well.

To this day I'm still not sure if I'm actually allergic to licorice or just don't like the taste.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
"UFO's & Nukes: Extraordinary Encounters At Nuclear Weapon Sites" - by Robert Hastings

www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

It's hard to say, Probably a bit of both. The whole say a lie enough and people will believe it probably works on the liars as well.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
Anyway, enough waffle from me - what about YOU?

After reading "The Secret School" it was clear that the book was just a cash grab and Whitley wasn't a brave survivor of spooky aliens but a smart writer who found his audience and played to it.

The Secret School taught me to be distrustful of all self proclaimed alien experts more than any skeptic ever could.

Budd Hopkins' "Linda" case in 'Dark White' had built a extra-powerful BS detector by the time I read 'Communion' - which by then had been superceded by Strieber's ever more elaborate sequels. Nevertheless, an excellent story, enthrallingly narrated, whether I was being played or not. Most likely Yes.

His reluctance to label his Visitors as extraterrestrials was a smart card to play in netting a wider readership.

Personally, I think some of ATS's own abduction claims by some very credible, well-grounded posters are far more believable than Whitley's, and more deserving of attention and publication.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

You can find it on e-bay for $4.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
John keel operation Trojan Horse and Haunted planet.
He has a good grip on the situation at large.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Physics of a flying saucer by ted Roach.....

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
With the release of the 'Hunt For The Skinwalker' documentary in 3 days, I should mention the original 2005 book by Colm Kelleher and George Knapp.

It turned my attention to quantum/multiverse theories - not a glib hypothesis by Bigelow's NIDS team, rather the best one to encompass what they and the Sherman family (the 'Gormans' in the book) experienced.

A comprehensive source for juicy campfire tales, it's beautifully written and chronologically structured in such a way that the reader is helplessly hooked, especially when the scientific study begins in earnest in 1996, collecting its most fascinating (and downright disturbing) data during the busiest period of 'trickster' activity in 1997.

Difficult to determine who wrote what, but I suspect Knapp's gift for lucid journalism led to him writing everything except for the various hypothetical chapters that close the work.

Let's see on Monday what the documentary offers regarding the intervening 13 years and DIA involvement.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I suspect it will be another documentary heavy on witness testimony and light on anything in the way of audio/visual or scientific proof. Basically akin to ghost hunting, bigfoot hunting and fairy stories.

The brother of the original owner of the ranch before the Shermans (who subsequently sold it to Bigelow) told MUFON Director James Carrion there was no UFO or strange activity on the ranch prior to the Sherman’s purchase, "....contrary to what was discussed in the Skinwalker Book and that he (the owner’s brother) had personally received a call from Bigelow trying to convince him otherwise. I found this to be extremely odd and disturbing. I also subsequently learned of a business relationship between Lazar and Bigelow (documented in the MUFON archives)...."

See : link

Let's make no mistake that the ranch has been purchased as an outlet for 'entertainment' purposes. Which includes creation of multimedia content.

RANCH

Providing recreation facilities; Arranging and conducting special events for social entertainment purposes; Entertainment services, namely, storytelling; Publishing of printed matter; Publishing of electronic publications; Entertainment services, namely, creation, development, production, and distribution of multimedia content, internet content, motion pictures, and television shows

Link : trademarks.justia.com...

It may not be a 'Paranormal Theme Park' . But the new (or is it old?) owners must intend to make more out of it than just a couple of documentaries and books. So we might see guided tours' and other functions to exploit the full potential of the purchase. I haven't got a problem with this as long as it isn't made out to be more than what it seems. They can go all Scooby Doo if they want.

But an awful lot of the paranormal myth making machine comes from that corner of South West America. The story is always the same. No one ever captures anything despite the rapid advances in video technology we have. But we always have a story to tell ya and to sell ya.

So let them entertain you. But don't expect anything really ground breaking. You'd have already seen it on the mainstream news if they really had something out of this world.

edit on 7/9/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That book about Skinwalker Ranch to me was a bust. The only person who saw anything was the rancher. All those spook hunters saw nothing but I think a dark figure in a hole

Any old night in Chicago is scarier than Skinwalker ranch

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

All good points, mate. I do not expect anything groundbreaking on Monday apart from a few snippets of curious CCTV footage (old and new), some odd photos of lights - including, I guess, Kelleher's infamous 'tunnel' episode, rendered as only a distant light blur.

'Stories' rule the Skinwalker roost for sure, but arguably more fascinating - and a focus for Corbell - is how and why the DIA stuck their noses in.

The 'entertainment' registration (you must be knackered from reposting it, MM!) doesn't bother me.......... yet. Give it time, though, lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Appropriately enough, "Above Top Secret".

When I was younger "Chariots of the Gods" got me wondering, but not like ATS did.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The thing about UFO books is that there are few books scanning the whole history of UFOS.

Though, the occult writer Lynn Picknett actually did a good book on the general history of UFOS

link

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The thing about UFO books is that there are few books scanning the whole history of UFOS.

Which is why 'Dark White', for example, is a useful entry point.

I'll check out Picknett's work.

Wow, such a wealth of recommendations so far!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I’ll be glad to check out Dark White
I'll have to get it

Another great book and I was surprised it was so good, is Project Beta: The Story of Paul Bennewitz, National Security, and the Creation of a Modern UFO Myth
www.amazon.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join