It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paradise PD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hello all...

Anyone catch Paradise PD? If not and you're going to, don't drink milk unless you wanna be a nasal milk fountain! This show made it hard to breathe!

If you guys and gals loved Brickleberry, you'll LOVE Paradise PD. It's probably the most politically incorrect show/toon out there. It will have you laughing from the very start of the first episode all the way through to the last. It's not one of those shows that wears out all of their jokes in the first 5 minutes of the first episode. It carries them all the way through - non stop. Bring your O2 mask because it will seriously hard to breathe!

A few teaser clips

*SNIP*

edit on 3-9-2018 by spacedoubt because: Video removal see Terms and Conditions 15a) Offensive Content

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

S&F just for that last video about the media.

It was genius.

Stable genius even.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Haha I figured it would apply here so I had to throw that in for a lil extra

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've been watching it over the weekend here on and off out in the garage. Have just a few episodes left. Its not bad, certainly got some funny parts.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Thank you for some comic relief after a picture I just was subject to. I keep this show on my suggestion list but I keep over looking it. I tried that show that seemed like it was going to mimic “Archer” but it sucked. That was my reason for not watching this. But I will give this one a shot now after viewing those clips.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'm watching it now.

and it is awesome.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I recommended this to a whole heap of people.

This show is so damned funny, that I actually damaged myself laughing at it! It pulls no punches whatsoever, it takes every joke not only to its logical and disturbing conclusion, but all the way past that, and into the realms of utter filth. Its MARVELOUS and I cannot recommend it enough!

This show is to Family Guy, what Family Guy was to the Simpsons in a lot of ways. Sure, the setting is different, but in terms of the level of wrongness to which the writers and animators go, its the same order of magnitude greater, and it is in no way trying to be something you could put on a regular network. Its the sort of thing that can really only exist because the network that carries it is not reliant on puritan political groups for its income, and as a result it is GLORIOUSLY rude, revels with glee in its crudity, is not in the least bit shy of being what it is.

The characters are so hideously, and hilariously damaged, the setting is so utterly absurd, the scenarios playing out are so completely off the wall, and the way that the characters move through them so utterly illogical, that if you can watch an episode without your eyes trying to leave your skull because of the laughter pressure, then I am not sure you have a sense of humour. It is without a doubt, the most triumphantly anarchic television program, that I have seen since the British comedy classic, Bottom, and the most fun I have had watching an animated comedy EVER.

Definitely give it a watch. Its not for those of a weak constitution, but for those who can stomach its worst excesses, its an absolute delight!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I thought it sucked. Maybe I am just tired of people trying to push the envelope and shock you.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

I can understand that, but I do not think that was the intention behind the show. I think its more a case of taking the posh frock off the intention of shows that came before it, and displaying what is possible when there is no enforced morality dictating what can, and what cannot be shown on a network.

I think this is what Seth MacFarlane would have done with his shows, if he had not been reliant on complying with certain regulatory standards applied by the corporation he was making shows for at the time. Unlike things like Jackass, where a man ramming a nail through his scrotum was literally the whole point of the scene, what Paradise P.D. does is satirical, the shock is not the point, its used to drive home a point, its purposeful, not purposeless.

Don't get me wrong, its easy to get caught up in the shock factor, but it is a tool in the show, rather than being the entire reason for its existence.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I remembered a dream.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I agree.

I imagined that all the animated comedy central shows as well as the fox animated shows would have been so much better had there been no filter. This show is exactly that. It's not supporting dems and it's not supporting reps. It makes fun of everyone and anyone. It makes up a big part celebrity trashing. It'll have you looking it up and realizing there is no relation. It holds no punches. It's so very raunchy. It's just wide open, non politically correct and no side taking comedy. It even makes fun of it's own characters from it's previous show Brickleberry.

This show will have you covering your mouth and saying... Did they really just say/do/show that???? Hell yes!!!!

I think comedy as a whole could learn from this show.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Maybe I am just tired of people trying to push the envelope and shock you.

Just watched the trailer and that is exactly what i thought. Another show just doing stupid unfunny pointless things to push the envelope and shock you with nothing else to offer.

Looks pretty stupid to me. I think i will pass ,just not my kind of show or comedy.

To each his own I guess

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Maybe I am just tired of people trying to push the envelope and shock you.

Just watched the trailer and that is exactly what i thought. Another show just doing stupid unfunny pointless things to push the envelope and shock you with nothing else to offer.

Looks pretty stupid to me. I think i will pass ,just not my kind of show or comedy.

To each his own I guess

new topics

top topics

join