It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘White People Food’ Is Creating An Unattainable Picture Of Health

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Maybe if tell blacks that they can't eat salads because that would constitute cultural appropriation, then they would have to eat a nice Cobb in protest.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: TinySickTears

"White peoples food"

What the actual F, is "white peoples food"?

...and gogi berries? Aren't exactly "white people" food, since the berry originates in China...I think.

Their beloved okra likely is, too. Granted, the origin is disputed, but it's origin is either Africa, or India, both being equally plausible.

Oh, and collard greens are from the eastern Mediterranean. Mustard & it's greens, from the Himalayas. The turnip and it's greens? Also Asia.

So technically, if that dimwit in the article doesn't want to eat "white people food", she has to recognize that she's eating "asian people food".

Most of what we eat today came from clear across the planet. Apples, Oranges, Pears -- just a couple of the fruits alone that Asia bestowed upon the globe.
edit on 9/3/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm glad my ancestors sacrificed everything so that they could be blamed for every problem under the sun by the same people they gave their lives for.

Do you think they might have chose differently had they known?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Only whites are capable of commiting cultural appropriation. Just like only whites are capable of being racist. FFS man you should have known this before you were even able to speak.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I think most of this stuff is actually Cajun.

Which owes it's heritage to the influence of blacks from the Carib and Africa.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Forum sliding; oh what a world we live in.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Collard greens, fried chicken and Kool-Aid.

As a white male, I feel pretty racist saying that, but a black woman said basically the same thing and it wasn't racist, so I'm good, right?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Bluntone22

Only whites are capable of commiting cultural appropriation. Just like only whites are capable of being racist. FFS man you should have known this before you were even able to speak.

My bad, I never did like to color between the lines..

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

thats the best...

water. sugar. purple.
ahahahahahah

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I think most of this stuff is actually Cajun.

Which owes it's heritage to the influence of blacks from the Carib and Africa.

Oh ya omit the French influence like a good little "liberal".

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Cottage cheese and plain yogurt are White yet I can't stand them.
Is something wrong with me as a White person?
Mayo too - yech!
Angel food cake, vanilla ice cream - boring.
yep, something is definitely wrong.

I don't get this race-specific food thing AT ALL.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
Whatever the end game for this insanity doesn't make a difference, because the way this game is being played, we all lose.

Stay BRIGHT
many have been inundated with so much ignorance that following the group think (no matter how currupt) has became the norm and thinking for themselves has not.

Test, conscious-spiritual wheat/chaff perhaps side effects of photon belt exposure

The lights will shine the dim won't try.

NAMASTE*******
edit on 9/3/18 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's not only racist towards whites but it's also flat out stupid.

What's with thinking whites are basically one big culture? Whites come spread across dozens upon dozens of cultures with their own history and food.

Put a Russian, a Frenchman, an Italian, a Bulgarian and an Australian in a room and see how similar their cultures are.

Lettuce based salad isn't common in many white countries.

I wonder if rice is racist. Now that is extremely common across Asia. Bread is not. Wonder if Asians think bread is racist. White people and their damn sandwiches!
edit on 3-9-2018 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Someone should eat her with some Fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Waste not, want not, and all that jazz.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
She complains that restaurants serve "white people food". What would happen if she walked in to a restaurant and the waiter brought her a plate of BBQ, fried okra, and a nice big slice of watermelon? Picketing, boycotting, riots in the streets, and a call for the restaurant to be closed, torn down, and a monument to black chefs erected on its ruined remains.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I was in line at the movie theater waiting for popcorn. The black lady (overweight) in front of me asked for extra butter (it's not butter). So the clerk does the old 1/2 popcorn, Butter, 1/2 popcorn, butter. The lady goes rather rudley "that aint no extra butter"! Like she was being cheated out of her fair share.So the clerk drenches it in the fake butter flavored chemical.

I was like, well you asked for it.
edit on 3-9-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Oh ya omit the French influence like a good little "liberal".

The French influence came when the Acadians moved down to Louisiana, the Carib/African/Spanish influence was already there. Acadian ingredients from Canada did not exist in Louisiana, hell even the name 'Acadian' became bastardized into 'Cajun'.

If the nuns brought with them the rudiments of French cuisine, blacks can be credited with using what little was available locally to devise something edible. By 1744 the Compagnie des Indes had imported some two thousand slaves from the west coast of Africa and the West Indies. The 1724 Code Noir , French regulations for treatment of blacks, made Louisiana a pleasanter place for them to live than Britishruled areas. Also, the French were lax in enforcing regulations against miscegenation.

Black cooks had a sophisticated tradition of preparing food. Their African ancestors had traded with Arabs since the eighth century and had left a legacy of various cultivated Middle Eastern vegetables. By the sixteenth century West African farmers were growing corn, peanuts, yams, eggplant, garlic, and onions, which they had assimilated into their native diet of kidney beans, varieties of rice, green leafy vegetables, and okra. Foods were prepared by long, slow cooking and were served with delicate sauces.

It is thought that okra, called kingombo , was brought to the New World by slaves. The popular mainstay among Catholic families of Louisiana, gumbo z’herbes , is taken from a similar African dish made of various greens and herbs. An old saying states that a new friend will be made for each different green used in the soup. During the months when okra was in season, it was the key ingredient for thickening gumbo, replacing the Indian filé powder used the rest of the year. A 'Liberal' source for simple people who like labels

But you knew this because you went to culinary school and studied international cuisine, right?

edit on 3-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So what the author is really saying is that black people have worse diets than white people because white people “claimed” healthy food and therefore it can’t be served to black people? This is laughable.

Believe it or not, dear author, as of the time of this writing no race of people bears any responsibility for what any other race of people decide to shove in their mouth collectively or individually.

Articles like this make me think that we’re actually a lot further down the road to positive race relations than we used to be - and the problems we have are almost largely contrived by politicians for their own benefit. There are legitimate issues out there but now a black person cant eat a salad with seeds on it? Lots of reaching going on there.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

It's like food deserts in chicago. The reason there are no produce stands is because they can't sell produce ( no one buys it).

LOL my buddy said he is gonna open a chicken and daycare center. LOL There is thousands of those
edit on 3-9-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join