It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘White People Food’ Is Creating An Unattainable Picture Of Health

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I am glad this article was written and posted. It reminded me there is a rack of ribs in the fridge and I have decided I will cook them tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Spin it however you like to make it palitable.... Its still racist

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what "Black people food" is. I don't have a clue. I don't think there is a culture cuisine called "black".

Soul food, Caribbean cuisine, Southern cuisine (which is a blend of African and Caribbean).

Oh you mean black eye pees, red beans and rice, or even 'gumbo', fried chicken even? I think most of this stuff is actually Cajun. Even still, some of the dishes are eaten everywhere from Texas to Main and has been for years. I'd even go as far as to argue that some of that was influenced by natives when other countries came into and took over those areas.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TinySickTears

I don't have pickled onions.

Do you have any grey poupon ?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This morning I painted my doll house WHITE with 'paint' made from Saltine Crackers (same ingredients as latex paint), and did the trim orange using upcycled American cheese. I'm calling it the CRACKER House. Oh, and I built the front patio decorative support columns using cigarette butts.

edit on 3-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Get some black eye peas and red beans, cook them all day, add some garlic, onion, bacon and string beans. Mighty good.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Spin it however you like to make it palitable.... Its still racist

Did you even bother to read it? They basically said it is racist so why are you here pointing out what the article already pointed out?

Besides, I don't need to spin anything, racism doesn't bother me, no matter where it comes from. I know it is there on all sides.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That's cultural appropriation and that means you're a RACIST!

You will cook your white people food only, and be called a racist for it, or cook other foods abd be called a racist for it, and you will love it.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Yup sure did

And racism should bother you

Its abhorent

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

OK but I am holding out on the black eyed peas. Southerners have been eating those forever, especially on New Years Day.

Guess this means the watermelon is out too.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Question:

If corn bread is made with GMO corn, is it health food or just vegan?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Yup sure did

Then it went over your head because they pretty much said it was a racist thing to think this food is ours and that is theirs but that these attitudes exist.

And racism should bother you

Its abhorent

There are a lot of subtle forms of racism, like the one shown in that article, that are not that big a deal. I'm not going to ostracize someone because they believe some harmless stereotypes.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
One thing that I hate about the internet is that anybody can say something not only untrue but utter BS and it can go viral in the blink of an eye.

While the truth is almost always glossed over or just plain ignored.

Food is GD food, how you choose to prepare it usually comes from what you were taught or by experimentation.

Coming from a extremely diverse family, I can tell you from my experiences that this Black White divisive agenda that is spreading like poison over the internet needs to stop. Whatever the end game for this insanity doesn't make a difference, because the way this game is being played, we all lose.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Only blacks (slaves) are supposed to eat black eye peas, collard greens, pigs feet, chicken gizzards, etc. I won't detail the reason, but if you eat any of that you're a racist...

So following the SJW logic, only blacks are allowed to eat slave food which must also mean they're supposed to.

Isn't SJW "Reverse Racism" the shiznit?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I don't think it's the 'food' that's the health issue - it's the brain, it's a brain thing.

She has a sad brain, therefore all things are sad, and projected.
edit on 3/9/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
white people food ... boiled cabbage and potatoes?

food has and always will be about economic class how much money you have to spend on food changes what you eat and trendy health food is at the top end of that

to add if you start breaking down every food to its origin youll find most of it is made from a varity of culters put together to make better food

listverse.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I can see it but we don't have no SJWs around these parts. They are wary of the weekend bonfires.

People in these parts have been known to toss just about anything onto a large fire.

PS

SJWs - black eyed peas - come and take 'em
edit on 9/3/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
In absolute honesty, it sounds like a really piss-poor excuse for not doing anything about a notoriously unhealthy "diet". Instead of changing how she looks at food, the idiot in the article is all "Ew, this is better for me, gross. Call it white people food and no touchie!"

It's just a personal anecdote from one neighbor, but I get the feeling the tide is slowly turning and blacks are getting tired of dying early, and battling serious conditions linked to food habits. There's a mixed girl up the street my kids play with, her dad's black. He was also a Marine, and even though it's been a while, the man is still ripped, and eats as clean as he can. Most of his back yard is one HUGE veggie garden. The guy isn't playing around when it comes to healthy eating, I'm positive I'd fall way short on his acceptable meals meter.

One of his sisters had stopped over while I was collecting my kids to bring back home a few days ago, they got into a VERY heated argument over why he wasn't letting their mother bring any food for Labor Day. "It's going to be soul food, so it's going to be s# food, none of what mama cooks is healthy and I won't allow it here. If that's what you want to eat, you can eat it in your own home or at hers, not MINE. I'll see you Monday."

The fact that he called Soul Food, which is traditionally considered "black people food", if you will, "s# food" speaks volumes. A huge amount of soul foods, particularly southern soul foods, are drowning in carbs, fat & salt. They are not healthy by any means.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

HOLY crap not only did I lose some brain cells but also lost my ability to talk through laughter. Thanks for the read and my first chuckle

Going to honest and I know you agree but man this was a stupid read LOL

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

"White peoples food"

What the actual F, is "white peoples food"?

...and gogi berries? Aren't exactly "white people" food, since the berry originates in China...I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join