It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did the Universe Begin? The Math

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am God, Do you not believe? For Example. If Pi is a Circle, and the First thing that was ever Created is Earth, Does Pi have a center? The answer is no, Pi does not Exist. You will see the Earth is hallow and you will come to know that I am right. If you believe I Exist, Then you believe anything is possible. You are in the Matrix. My dream was to type the speed of light, find the answer to everything, now that I did that. It time I teach what I know. God doesn't roll dices, God plans everything.
s75.photobucket.com...

Need to come up with a better description, but I figured you can describe the images in the following link to yourself.

P.s Cherish what you have, because you'll never know when it's gone, that why we have memories. To remember what we loss.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Time is not necessarily as linear as we perceive it. Since time actually folds back in on itself in a number of various dimensions, those looking for "beginnings," along with various supernatural entities to make them happen, are always going to be barking up the wrong tree. People are surprisingly unimaginative when it comes to pondering this stuff, and tend to fall back on the old tried and true stories their Grandmas told them.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by edsinger

4) It never "begin" but always has been.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I would like to put forward a point.
Many atheists (no such thing as one but that's a matter for later*) believe that the universe 'just is' to put it quite simply. Or rather 'just occured'. To imagine this they place you with this image to help you see it all better...

There is a bad of red balls and black balls. There is only one red ball but there are 10^(Universal chance**) black balls. You also have then 10^(Universal chance)+1 people. They each pick out a ball, but don't let anyone else see it. They know how many balls are in the bag, and what colours they are.

Eventually a person will pull out the red ball, knowing the impossible odds. The red ball is the universe, and we are holding the red ball. We can only see that we have a universe at this point in time and therefore we comprehend that it is near impossible for us to be here.

This is an 'atheist' argument as if to state that we are living in possibly the 10^(Universal chance) timeth universe and so are quite right to assume that we are here simply by chance.

Hard to get your head round? If you understand it up to this point, and you consider yourself an 'atheist', you may think there is some truth to this. Unfortunatley the 'atheist logic' which so many of the blind or lost rely on turns against them:

Who's holding the bag?

(If you're not liking poetic conclusions, its basically saying, what's the stage for this all to happen? Are there multiple universes that come and go? What sets the change? Who tells the next person to come up and take a ball?)

*There is no such thing as an atheist - all people are either theists or agnostics, as 'atheist' dogmatic logic presumes that there must always be doubt in someone's mind to their own non-beliefs. Someone who has no faith in God, (and this has been proven) , is actually doubting themselves all the time, unsure whether they are right in believing there is no God. Therefore they are agnostics - unsure.

**Universal chance - the overall chance of the universe occuring as it is has been calculated to a number beyond comprehension. It is certainly not 10^158. However this number is not stated in my post as I am yet to find a certain number for it from more than one source. The fact the universe has such a small chance of existing, in a logical mind, brings to another interesting point that all atheist-leaning-agnostics wish they never heard.

ColdSky

Muktai Dilaye Yesu na'am
Shanti Dilaye Yesu na'am

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
lol, the math is actually allot simpler than most realize.

If we began at a point, then that point was 0.

Now that we have matter and energy, we have to assume that the same quantity of negative matter and energy exists in the same system.

For example purposes I shal use X to define matter and energy.

0 = 0
0 = X + (-X)

We are in X (presumably) we could be the negative equivalent (how would we know the difference?).

The question isn't how are we here mathematically, that part is actually quite simple. The question is, where is the negative equivalent to the universes matter and energy?

Is there a twin universe? X = X
Or is the negative matter still in our system. 0 = X + (-X)

Either way... it can be written that we mathematically don't exist at all.
Because everything in our system (universe) can be summed up again as 0.

So mathematically, the matter and energy in our universe came into existence so easily because... it didn't.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
so, if i labeled 100 peices of paper 1-100 and drew them out at random, something magical would stop me from doing it because the result can not be made by chance?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

yeah right, as if you have a way to disprove that God exists. We are all betting if He exists or not. So if you are not so sure about it why not bet that He exist? I believe that the Christian life is the best way to deal with life and its teachings protect people from being destroyed by the world's problems. History testifies that Christianity has big contributions to man too. Argue all you want, but you cant escape the fact that God loves you and as long as you are alive He will be patient to wait for you to come to Him, and will bring people to tell the same to you. No single person can even comprehend most of the sciences, but they believe it anyway by mere faith. Faith is practical and logical, and faith in God is (I believe) the best way to excercise faith.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if someone else has mentioned this.

Your theory that the universe couldn't happen by chance because the chance is so small is absurd. Using that logic the "chance" of anything existing in the form of it existing would be so small nothing would exist.

Fortunately, the way matter comes together isn't decided by chance. It's a branch of science called Statistical Thermodynamics, any configuration of matter is infinitely improbable if it doesn't exist in a state.

If I take a glass of water and throw that water from the glass at the floor, the chance of each molecule of water ending up in a specified location is infinitely small, but the location where those molecules will come to rest isn't governed by chance or accident. Why? Because the water exists in a state, and that state is governed by the laws of physics such as gravity, fluid dynamics, electro-magnetism etc..

All you are doing is calculating one outcome in a stateless system. It makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by edsinger

What if there are infinite number of universes appearing and disappearing?
It may be against all odds for just one universe to appear. However, think of this this way:
It is very unlikely that you will win the lottery. However, in a pool of a million people who buy lottery tickets, it is VERY likely that someone will win.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
My only thought on it is odds of something happening are meaningless as an example what are the odds that I have come into existence given all the human interactions before me. The odds of me being here by chance would be huge.

Yet here I am against all odds what are the odds of that bird that just flew past my window doing it at exactly this moment.

And here is the Universe chance leaves the equation as soon as something happens.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm truely sorry if my comment made too much sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join