It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor apologizes to Ariana Grande for grazing her breast at Aretha Franklin’s funeral

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
What an absolute old creeper! Check him out touching her like some drunk uncle at a family party. How he even thought that was acceptable I can only imagine, the dirty old bastard. MSM source with video

He told the AP that any inappropriate touch was incidental and that he had hugged all the performers, male and female. Hugging, he said, is a common way of showing love at his church. “It would never be my intention to touch any woman’s breast. … I don’t know; I guess I put my arm around her,” Ellis said, adding: “Maybe I crossed the border, maybe I was too friendly or familiar, but again, I apologize.”

...he's also upset the hispanic community after this:

“I’ve got to apologize because I have to brush up,” he said shortly after calling Grande back to the podium. “My 28-year-old daughter tells me, ‘Dad, you are old at 60.’ When I saw Ariana Grande on the program, I thought that was a new something at Taco Bell. Girl, let me give you all your respect.”

Dude messed up big time, I'd be ashamed if he was my dad.

edit on 3-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: fix quote tag

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Yesterday nobody knew who he was. Today he is infamous.
I saw the pic of him smiling at the podium and threw up in my mouth a little.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Seems like this funeral reunited all the great scam bags in the world, huh.

Stay classy, hollyweird.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou
Clinton looks like he's going senile in my opinion, really vacant eyes and that weird smile.
If I had a daughter she wouldn't be going anywhere near him or the creepy pastor without a chaperone.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

Nvn him, Who's Ariana Grande ?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tellurian

a reply to: Asktheanimals

Nvn him, Who's Ariana Grande ?

One of the little 'pop' sex kittens Disney likes to produce.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Was the dress for a funeral or for a French _house ?
My thoughts...
Changed a lot since her days on Victorious and Sam and Cat
Shame
Still dingy though.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
just let 'em get married already, simple way to avoid this type of stuff, not to mention the child abuse.
forcing someone to give up on the most basic human instincts in name of some ancient myth is simply insane.
This does not justify his behavior of course but a good way to not have people act out their repressed sexual urges in inappropriate manners is to not repress them in the first place.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tellurian

like someone above said, a nice collection of scam bags...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
just let 'em get married already, simple way to avoid this type of stuff, not to mention the child abuse.
forcing someone to give up on the most basic human instincts in name of some ancient myth is simply insane.
This does not justify his behavior of course but a good way to not have people act out their repressed sexual urges in inappropriate manners is to not repress them in the first place.

I agree, a vow of chastity is weird, but getting married probably wouldn’t matter. Marriage didn’t slow Bill Clinton down.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

i have no possible counter argument to that

but it would lower the % of "accidents" like this and i guess that is already an improvement.
i'd jut like to believe it would slow MOST people down

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

Pastor Ellis IS married and has children. He isn't a Catholic Bishop.

Married to Crisette Ellis, “First Lady of Greater Grace Temple,” and with two adult children, there’s a lot to know about Bishop Charles Ellis:

Source

but it would lower the % of "accidents" like this

Your argument has nothing to do with this 'accident'.

edit on 9 3 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: vinifalou
Clinton looks like he's going senile in my opinion, really vacant eyes and that weird smile.
If I had a daughter she wouldn't be going anywhere near him or the creepy pastor without a chaperone.

Like a 'shell of a man'? ALL these folks who've $old their Souls all get that 'faraway look' It reminds Me of the folks who took the brown acid at Woodstock™

Ever see a picture of Dave Rockefeller when I think He was on His 4th or 5th heart. I'd link a pic but since the change at ATS™ I can't seem to load any pics??

I wonder why this ¢reep didn't just tweet "FAKE NEWS!!!" like Herr Drumpf? Look at pics of Drumpf when He was on His 4th or 5th bankruptcy, same look...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium
Thanks for giving me the creeps lol, I've just being seeing some proper scary old man faces searching those rich and famous types.
This guy is creepy though as well:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I read your source article and watched the video.

I'm disgusted- but not for Arianna Grande and what "happened" to her. I'm disgusted by all of you triggered outrage people, crying about something the "victim" herself hasn't even taken issue with!

Did you WATCH the video? I did, and it's clear that she is FINE with the whole interaction. She's not trying to wriggle away, she's not tense, nothing. In fact, she's SMILING (looks genuine, too) and she even initiates a hug at the end!

If Arianna herself was saying she was affronted by the behavior, then you have a reason to show your triggered outrage.

But she hasn't said anything, has she?

Not every woman is traumatized by a touch from a man.

Some of you need to get a grip.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
Maybe she was in a position she felt she had to take it with a smile?
Only she knows at the end of the day, but thanks for sharing your opinion here, always good to have opposing perspectives in debate.
I still think he's a dirty auld creep though lol

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Maybe she was in a position she felt she had to take it with a smile?
Only she knows at the end of the day, but thanks for sharing your opinion here, always good to have opposing perspectives in debate.
I still think he's a dirty auld creep though lol

Thank you! I was afraid I was gonna get some huge backlash. Respect to you, brother!

I considered that (that maybe she felt she had to grin and bear it), but honestly she looks fine- I don't see any tension, and I think we would see tension somewhere. She CERTAINLY wouldn't initiate a hug, if she was creeped out.

As a woman who has been creeped on by men many times (and will many more times I'm sure), sometimes you just aren't bothered by it. You know it's just the old guy trying to convince himself he's still got it. It can be kind of sad, really. It's not always nefarious.

I'll be surprised if Miss Grande comes out and says she was assaulted.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Crazy old world though isn't it with blokes touching up women. I hug and sometimes lift my female friends off the floor with a bear hug but I've never touched a breast unless I knew it was wanted.
I'm very tactile but there is a clear sense of barriers with different people, I guess me and the pastor don't do things the same way.
My girl friends say they get felt up a lot if they are not out with other male friends. It makes me sad that some have become desensitized to it and let things go as normal. We talk about it and as a male it makes me feel uncomfortable that they have to put up with that crap.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

dude, I've never seen this video before. I heard talks about old Joe is a perv but w t actual f !! I guess some of theese creeps doesnt even have to hide it anymore...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9
There are a few about Joe, and it's crazy how he is so blatant, No shame at all!
It's the looks on the kids faces which I find chilling, and the parents who let it slide.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join