It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Draining - Trump Audit of U.S. Government is Saving Billions. Hundreds Arrested.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
September 2, 2018

By Executive Order from President Trump, the Offices of Inspector General have been busy auditing their respective departments within our U.S. government. Looking for waste, fraud, and theft. Results from the first 6 months of audit activity are stunning:

The U.S. TREASURY Department

During this semiannual reporting period, the Office of Audit issued 56 products. The office also identified $130,668 in monetary benefits. Work by the Office of Investigations resulted in 33 arrests, 35 indictments, and 21 convictions. Some of our more significant results for the period are described below:

The U.S. Department of AGRICULTURE

From Oct. 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018, The IG found the following:
The Office of Audit issued 23 final and interim reports that resulted in 105 recommendations and $14.5 million in questioned/unsupported costs or funds to be put to better use.

Our Office of Investigations reported 217 arrests, 280 indictments, and 272 convictions, as well as $84.9 million in recoveries and restitutions. IN A 6 MONTH PERIOD!

The U.S. Department of ENERGY

The Audit uncovered $718,579,950 in missing/unaccounted for funds!
The Audit resulted in the opening of 196 Investigations.
Because of those Investigations the IG was able to RECOVER $83,863,696!!
15 people TO DATE have been prosecuted because of this Audit.

The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA)

This audit found $329 Million in WASTE AND FRAUD OVER A 2 YEAR PERIOD.
During this Audit period, the IG opened 54 investigative cases, closed 83 investigative cases, referred 97 subjects for criminal prosecution, and helped obtain 35 convictions. Civil, criminal, and other monetary recoveries resulting from our investigations totaled over $97 million.

The U.S. Enviornmental Protection Agency (EPA)

The IG finished it’s Semi Annual Report on the EPA from the Period of Oct 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018. The Audit found $374,664,113 in WASTE AND FRAUD OVER A 2 YEAR PERIOD!

The IG found the EPA WAS NOT REQUIRING CONTRACTORS TO CARRY INSURANCE!
So, if a contractor has ANY kind of a spill, it could simply default and walk away, leaving the TAXPAYERS TO FOOT THE CLEAN UP BILL.

The IG recommended 367 people for Federal Prosecution.

The United States Postal Service (USPS)

Election fraud can encompass many aspects, from voting Illegally, to ‘losing’ votes mailed in, to ‘suddenly finding votes, etc.

Horowitz, responding to Session’s request to investigate HOW THE USPS HANDLES….ELECTION MAIL. I bet the USPS NEVER expected to be scrutinized SO CLOSELY by IG Horowitz.

Here’s an example how Election Mail is handled at 3 sites:
■ St. Paul NDC employees moved political mail to the P&DC staging area without telling P&DC management about the transfer. Other mail was staged in front of it, which could have caused the political mail not to be seen and expedited.
■ There was a sort plan error at the Charleston P&DF that caused additional manual sorting of election mail at the delivery station.
■ An employee at the Milwaukee P&DC removed ballots from automated mail processing because he believed the equipment would damage the mail. We brought these issues to the attention of local management, who immediately corrected them during our site visits.
It get’s worse.

The Managers ADMIT they don’t know when Special Election’s are being held!

EXPECT HUGE CHANGES AT USPS!!!

Details of Swamp-Draining Arrests, Recoveries, etc., at: americandigitalnews.com...

President Trump Signs E.O. To Make Government LEANER and MORE ACCOUNTABLE - From 3/13/2017
www.foxnews.com...

Keep in mind that THESE AUDIT RESULTS are from just the first 6 months of auditing activity. They are ongoing, and spreading to additional areas of our government, including NASA, Dept of Education, Dept of Defense, the FBI, etc..

President Donald J. Trump: Promises Made - Promises Kept!

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/3/2018 by carewemust because: formatting adjustments

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm kind of hesitant to join you in the cheering...

You see, I haven't had a chance to look at all the finding of these investigations, reports, audits etc...heck I haven't even looked at the integrity of the "Offices of Inspector General" itself...

I have learned from my time here on ATS to do your own investigation and never rely on stuff the government feeds you. I'm sure you have looked at all these cases in depth yourself and are glad to see a swamp is being drained.

Me, I remain my paranoid self and assume somebody is just serving his/her own agenda.

Anyways, yay for all the people who are glad that they finally have a government who has their best interest at heart and really cares for their people...would be a first but....yay non the less.

Peace

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Not only are they finding fraud and waste but they are handing out arrest warrants.. I personally am glad the audits have started in earnest and hope all the corruption is found and routed out.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
So a few hundred million saved/recovered; not quite the billions your OP suggests

from your link

Trump called for the review three days before giving Congress his first budget proposal, which is expected to include deep cuts to the Environmental Protection Agency and other departments to cover an anticipated $54 billion increase in Defense Department spending.

an anticipated $54 billion increase in Defense Department spending.

So in fact Fake News -

Your hero still has to come up with savings better than the increases in spending before you do a victory dance.

+38 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Arrest have been made corruption has been exposed and yet you can still find a way to say how bad Trump is... Get a life.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

You can't add.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

American jails are full of people who got arrested...

Critical thinking and an unbiased viewpoint are the weapons we fight with here on ATS.

Peace

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Also, in this case he is actually draining the peace process.

JARED KUSHNER has yet to formally unveil his highly touted peace plan for resolving the Israel-Palestine conflict. But in the past weeks and months, its outlines have become increasingly clear. Recent moves by the United States to recognize Israel’s capital in Jerusalem and deprive Palestinians of refugee status have taken key issues off the table before any future peace negotiation even begins. The Trump administration has announced a steady stream of cuts in aid for Palestinians, including reported plans to stop all funding for the United National Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), the agency which provides healthcare and schooling for Palestinian refugees, as well as cutting $200 million in economic aid to the West Bank and Gaza. These moves are helping clarify the Trump administration’s strategy for getting to peace in the region: imposing maximum pain on the Palestinians as a means of bullying them into submission.

But this strategy may backfire, including against a Netanyahu government that has enthusiastically supported Trump’s get-tough approach. Even former Israeli military officials have begun raising the alarm that the Trump administration’s punitive actions against the Palestinians, rather than bringing peace, are leading the region toward a new era of conflict. In an article this week in Ha’aretz, former Israeli Defense Forces spokesperson Peter Lerner criticized the administration’s attempts to “blackmail” the Palestinians, stating that such a strategy would lead to a power vacuum in the West Bank, warning that “hardballing the Palestinian into submission is likely to blow up on Israel’s doorstep.” Lerner’s warning echoes previous reports from Israeli military officials that funding cuts are likely to lead to a humanitarian crisis and further unrest in the occupied territories.

theintercept.com...

Well. You clearly messed things up when even Israelis tend to disagree with your strongman crap. Thanks for nothing, Mr. Orange!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I commented on the OP based on the article he linked. I didnt say "Trump is bad" They are your words.

But in this age of rara's what does accuracy matter?

hmm?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Arrest have been made corruption has been exposed and yet you can still find a way to say how bad Trump is... Get a life.

Trump sucks dirty old donkey balls.

Deal with it.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

For those who want real numbers, the actual report can be found here:

oig.federalreserve.gov...

And archives from previous years:

Odd, I guess Obama drained the swamp too then, because indictments, arrests and recoveries were made under him too.

For those who are like the OP, nothing to see here, move on Trump is the bestest evar!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

For those who want real numbers, the actual report can be found here:

And archives from previous years:

Odd, I guess Obama drained the swamp too then, because indictments, arrests and recoveries were made under him too.

For those who are like the OP, nothing to see here, move on Trump is the bestest evar!

Oddly, that bottom one makes the OP's point way better than your BHO theory. The opening statement says the "last 6 months" when the meeting occurred in Oct of 2017. That sure appears after the Nov 2016 election to my logic.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

questioned/unsupported costs or funds to be put to better use.

Better use? Let me guess, they were spending money on something helpful to the people or the environment instead of putting it in billionaires' pockets?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Awesome find!

Star + Flag, keep in draining that swamp!

We have to go for the bosses now...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Trim the fat and replace it with muscle

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I wonder who has been arrested and for what specifically?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I hope this continues!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I hope this continues!

The audits are ongoing and expanding. Yes..it's continuing. They need to trim unneeded personnel too. There's many thousands of them. (I've worked there and with them. Amazing how many do nothing useful.)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I wonder who has been arrested and for what specifically?

I get the impression that many are contractor employees who steal/pilfer. And top contractor-company executives who "rip off" the taxpayers with fraudulent billing. The Health and Human Services department loses Billions of dollars due to fraudulent Medicare/Medicaid billings. Many have been arrested in those industries.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It is a good move, but I hope he does include Dept of Def/Pentagon in the future.
example
example< br />
example

edit on 1pmf30171030 by waftist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join