It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By Ejecting Press Secty Sarah Sanders - Red Hen Restaurant Hurt The Entire Town.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian
Although i understand and agree with the foundation i believe your post was built around, to me, it kind of came off as like saying “alcohol is legal so therefore when someone decides to drink and drive why should we punish the entirety of all people that drink alcohol by giving them a consequence to their actions such as driving drunk”.

Like many have said, we are free to do what we want, its the consequences of our actions that we must think about.
edit on 3-9-2018 by PhatalError because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: howtonhawky

It was all over the news. I recall something about making a bed now lie in it.

Shallowness on the part of trump supporters.

They seem to associate an entire town with the actions of a couple lefties.

That is unless it turns out the whole town is leftist.

Exactly the reaction expected from petulent children, its quite sad....

I’m sure you see this petulance clearly on both sides, right?

I agree that boycotting a town is a bit ridiculous - the people of the town have nothing to do with the restaurant owners... who, incidentally, acted petulantly and kicked out a person affiliated with a political figure they don’t like.

So, yeah, there’s going to be blowback about that... like a restaurant having trouble and creating a clear impression that a portion of the country is unfriendly to a certain “kind” - so those folks will just stay away - as will their dollars.

Also - the slogans are fun:
“Come to Lexington - we don’t like you but we love your money - and we’ll make your stay ungenuinely pleasant as possible.”

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Yes both sides act like children, however this story is about one side acting childish as a reaction to the stupid restaurant owner. Making the while town pay for the actions of a couple of people is pathetic.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: carewemust

Dem's ask for boycot of In and Out and people flock to them. Dem owner of Red Hen throws out Sarah Sanders and people no longer visit the town.

How is bashing restaurants working for you now?

What is "In and Out"?

It is a very popular burger place as I hear it. We got one here in my area a couple or 3 years ago. Never been there myself, still a Texas 'whataburger person' here.

Whataburger! Flashbacks there. Yes food.

In and Out is like a Babe's or mom and pop except it's a franchise based off mom and pop.

You should try it. Expect plenty of fries, and a good ol greasy burger

Delicious. You should give it a try!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Yes both sides act like children, however this story is about one side acting childish as a reaction to the stupid restaurant owner. Making the while town pay for the actions of a couple of people is pathetic.

Ummm, that's how you teach a business.... With your wallet.
Money talks bigger than politics.

You seem to misunderstand social and cultural economics.

The town is tiny, 2.5 sq miles?

The boycotters aren't the one that are making the town suffer. The no one cared who they were till that day Restaurant decided to show visitors ill treatment over politics despite their polite behaviour over common DECENCY, COMMON SENSE AND COMMON COURTESY!

If you ever read a manual on Etiquette then you would know they breached social psychological protocol.

The family came to eat.
The restaurant channelled Maxine waters.
Apparently a lot of right wingers toured the town for it's local flavor.

Now the town is hurt because a restaurant thought that cheap liberals would fill their seats after they made a public disgrace of their "Chosen" enemy in an unprovoked act of rudeness that only a spoiled hateful child would show in public.

It was a blindly political assault without any analyses of the marketing risk or demographic .

Trump supporters hear of said event.
And the only way to show you we don't like BIGOTRY is by not financing your base of operations.

The town is suffering because in a foolhardy attempt to showcase what they call #RESISTANCE the Red Hen did something political that damaged the reputation of an entire town without considering such possible outcomes.

The employees thought of only themselves and in their selfishness didn't think it would matter.

I'm not going to a town known for racists to spend my money would you?

Do you go to old Georgia towns with a small population to eat when the KKK membership demographic is high? No.

Your assertion that the Boycotters are the bad guys and are the ones being childish is naive to the point of cartoonish.

This is simply, and only, the economic consequence of OVERT and BELLIGERENT act of
DISCRIMINATION.

Maxine wanted this, all the left and anti trumpers cheered it.

The righties took their money to more professional businesses as a result and your giving us poorly written posts about how we are childish for not spending money in a town that tolerates
Discriminatory Practices towards even the best possible paying customers?

Delete your account and go read a book on business etiquette and history.

You do know what books are yes? Cause the more I hear of leftist hate and intolerance I'm starting to wonder if you cheated your exams and spent the rest of your time partying and learning everything you remember about life and social interactions out of Television...

Like seriously dude, you need to eat a redpill and read some books so you can wake the # up.

edit on 3-9-2018 by AutisticEvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AutisticEvo

I think its you that needs to wake the # up...

It really is as simple as " an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind".

Perhaps you need a pill that helps you think in terms of the whole instead of only one side.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wow how creative. You pretty much used my argument for all the ideas in yours... Let's see...
edit on 4-9-2018 by AutisticEvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I need to think for the whole? Maybe you should get out more.
That restaurant wasn't thinking for the "Whole" when they made their move.

And as for your eye for an eye analogy if you do the math one person is left with eyesight so the whole world blind is an ignorant statement.

But here's one for you...
"Bird of a Feather Flock Together"

Now do you have any relevant statements to make or are you going to keep failing to make any kind of reasonably thought out post about how we should force ourselves to try and spend money in a town that found a company and its local employees discriminatory behaviour not worthy of a public statement or disclaimer that their actions do not represent the whole town?

It's always ignorant basement dwellers like yourself who scream and cry whenever the left finds out that their intolerance has been followed by a consequence?

Are you religious? You gonna regale us with more eye for an eye references and

"turn the other cheek till you and your family is burned to the ground because that's the white Christian thing to do"?

That horse you think you are riding high on is a jackass.

"What effects one effects all"
That statement above is sociology 101.

There is a reason for an anti discrimination act in this country....
Because bigots like you are and will always be what's wrong with this country.

Blaming people for not going somewhere that shows intolerance or decency in it's business owners and employees.

It's that "we owe you no matter how you act or treat us" mentality at it again.

You clearly are not capable of critical thinking skills, social integrity and lack sufficient intelligence to come up with an argument that you didn't plagiarize from me and end in an epic fail to some religiously outdated
"Eye for an Eye" metaphor of such common use it has seen it's Entropic burnout phase.

We aren't the ones kicking people out of businesses or assaulting them and causing property damage.

But here you are, saying that things like bigotry and racism shouldn't stop a black family from asking for a slice of barbeque at a KKK rally at Grand Lake in Oklahoma....

You clearly have never witnessed real life discrimination and bigotry outside your door.

You talk like someone who blindly believes...

You should consider a career as a priest!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AutisticEvo

As you think its OK to punish everyone in the vicinity of the restaurant owners, that's sad that you think innocent people should suffer....

Each to their own I guess...perhaps one day that blind hate you ooze may come back to you,I hope for your sake that doesn't happen however karma doesn't discriminate.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: howtonhawky

It was all over the news. I recall something about making a bed now lie in it.

Shallowness on the part of trump supporters.

They seem to associate an entire town with the actions of a couple lefties.

That is unless it turns out the whole town is leftist.

Exactly the reaction expected from petulent children, its quite sad....

Yep, we NOW expect the petulant children to hate any non leftist/commie lover. Yep, we sure do. Actions are one thing it is not petulant to take no action when it harms no one. By not going they are exercising their right to not have their food spit on or to see a Mgr of a public place act like a NAZI.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

lol

Claiming the red hen is responsible for the shenanigans the right done in this case is laughable.

People are responsible for their own actions and the red hen did go out of business but as far as hurting the whole town that is on the back of kneejerking right with their chicken poo flingin and causing disruption for a whole town and all business on the same street.

Serve us not and we will ruin your town and blame you for our actions. So say the right.

so you are very upset when people freely make a choice on their own free will, to stay away from a restaurant that decided to discriminate on the patrons they would serve based upon political affiliation and where someone worked. and seemingly even the town where the restaurant was located due to this. for one thing, are they boycotting the town? or was that restaurant the thing that brought people into town? from what someone posted it seems that this restaurant has paid it's dues for it's choice and has since closed. which if that was the reason people were going to that town, there is now no reason to go there. i's actually not all that unusual that a single business is what brings people into a town to spend their money. i know of a couple towns that made HUGE money two weeks out of the year when a big group annually holds a big event which brings in about 10,000 people to that area. who then of course spend their money in those nearby towns. we even did some simple calculations and found that our group was quite literally bringing in millions of dollars into those towns in that two week time span. in fact not too many years ago during the recession, i was told by people working in those towns how grateful they were, because without our group, those towns would have been in worse straights because of all the money we bring in every year. it was money that they counted on to get them through the year. i also know many people who take guests to certain towns, just based upon the fact that there is a really good restaurant there. so it may be in fact that this town is being hit hard because the business that brought people, and their money into town decided to screw everyone by choosing to discriminate. and now due to their decision, the entire town is paying the price.

i have to take it with how upset you seem to be over people deciding of their own free will, to avoid a restaurant and possibly even the town where that restaurant was. that you were completely infuriated and posting about how unfair the democrats and liberal people were being when certain governments made rules and laws for their areas that people could not go to certain states, (not by people's personal choices, but by government orders), because of those states not toeing the liberal/democrat wants, for business that was supported by their governments, including things like school trips. i mean seriously if you are upset about what is happening to this town, your anger should have boiled over at democrats forcing a boycott onto people. or is this just one more piece of liberal/democrat hypocrisy? "don't do what we want, and we will ruin your state, and blame you for our actions. so say the left"

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

Well, this is no different than the 60's only now it is ANY that don't believe the Progressive BS. It is apparently ok now instead of what happened then. The bigots hated and mistreated brown people as it was bad to try to eat at a "whites only" place if you weren't white. Christians had to rid their churches of it because hate is not love that we are to share. Everything works so much better when we love each other since hate hurts more than the intended victim.

I think your post above captures this opposite of love attitude of the leftist's useful idiots:

"NO free will allowed, follow the SJW rules or suffer". That has it's own consequences and I choose to pick mine whenever I can, very carefully.

Not going somewhere that treats people like runny dog poo on carpet is how the bigoted run restaurants of the old south died. When a certain place was being bigots and half the patrons decided to trade elsewhere ended a lot of crap because people with morals voted with their feet.

edit on 4-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Yes, yes let the hate flow.....

To you the people of that town maybe no one, but they are someone to somebody....regardless of how little you think of them.....

edit on 4-9-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

i have to take it with how upset you seem to be over people deciding of their own free will, to avoid a restaurant and possibly even the town where that restaurant was. that you were completely infuriated and posting about how unfair the democrats and liberal people were being when certain governments made rules and laws for their areas that people could not go to certain states, (not by people's personal choices, but by government orders), because of those states not toeing the liberal/democrat wants, for business that was supported by their governments, including things like school trips. i mean seriously if you are upset about what is happening to this town, your anger should have boiled over at democrats forcing a boycott onto people. or is this just one more piece of liberal/democrat hypocrisy? "don't do what we want, and we will ruin your state, and blame you for our actions. so say the left"

but, what were the rules and laws those state, local gov'ts passed though?
by any chance did it have anything to do with those gov'ts wanting to allow themselves and their constituents to discriminate against select groups of people? You don't see a difference between one lone restaurant owner deciding she doesn't want to serve someone because she works for an administration that has policies she disagrees with and those state and local gov'ts who decide to come up with laws that will allow themselves and their constituents not to serve the many people that may fall into those select groups?

Little Sarah Sanders and her friends had cars, and there were probably more restaurants they could have easily gone to when this one refused them. That handicapped lady sitting in her broken down car only had miles of highway between her and the nearest anything and wasn't physically able to walk that far when "God" told the tow truck driver that that He wouldn't approve of him full filling the agreement he had made to help her out because of a stupid Sanders bumper sticker on her car! Funny, but I don't think I saw anything near the outrage as there is for poor Sanders who I assure you want gonna starve before they got to the next restaurant!

There's a cancer growing in this country, with each person acting as a single cell of the body and every attack, every unkind act, just makes that body, our country weaker. What "God" says should never, ever give permission for one person to act unkind to another, but for most of our existence religious leaders have used it as an excuse to get the people riled up against this group or that or to treat those groups as lower class citizens, not worthy of the same rights. Well, maybe "God" told the restaurant owner that he wouldn't approve of her restaurant serving the group of baby stealers!! I mean what "God" says can be understood differently depending on just who is listening to him. Which is why "God" says was never really taken to be the prime justification for any legislation..... up till now... when so many of the leaders in our gov't have joined the christian right's forces for their votes and are working so hard to ensure that "God says" can be used to deny anything to just about anyone based on scriptures from people living thousands of years ago....

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Sunday, September 2, 2018

In late June, White House Press Secretary SARAH SANDERS, along with 7 of her family members, were kicked out of the RED HEN restaurant in Lexington, Virginia by the Owner..SOLEY because she worked for President Donald Trump.

Original Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As one would expect, this provocative action generated consequences. Significant and swift financial consequences for the Lexington area, as Sanders/Trump supporters simply stopped coming there for tourism.

The Roanoke Times reported today that a regional tourism board is pulling together emergency funds to boost its digital marketing campaign.

Normally that money is saved. But officials agreed the region is in desperate need of positive coverage.

The tourism board serves Lexington, where The Red Hen is located, and other communities that are about three hours from Washington.

The Red Hen incident in June prompted thousands of a calls and emails to the tourism office.

And they’re still coming in. The office received a letter on Thursday from a Georgia family that wrote to say it would never return because of what happened.
Source: theconservativetreehouse.com... urism/

I bet the owners of tourism-dependent businesses in Lexington are pretty angry with Red Hen owner, Stephanie Wilkinson. Maybe the local tourism board can bill Stephanie, or the Red Hen restaurant, for damages.

-CareWeMust

I support a company's right to decide who they serve but as with any other business decision, you need to deal with the consequences. If they feel that they made the right choice with their conscience... that's fine with me.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Dem's ask for boycot of In and Out and people flock to them. Dem owner of Red Hen throws out Sarah Sanders and people no longer visit the town.

How is bashing restaurants working for you now?
your living a fantasy world.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Sunday, September 2, 2018

In late June, White House Press Secretary SARAH SANDERS, along with 7 of her family members, were kicked out of the RED HEN restaurant in Lexington, Virginia by the Owner..SOLEY because she worked for President Donald Trump.

Original Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As one would expect, this provocative action generated consequences. Significant and swift financial consequences for the Lexington area, as Sanders/Trump supporters simply stopped coming there for tourism.

The Roanoke Times reported today that a regional tourism board is pulling together emergency funds to boost its digital marketing campaign.

Normally that money is saved. But officials agreed the region is in desperate need of positive coverage.

The tourism board serves Lexington, where The Red Hen is located, and other communities that are about three hours from Washington.

The Red Hen incident in June prompted thousands of a calls and emails to the tourism office.

And they’re still coming in. The office received a letter on Thursday from a Georgia family that wrote to say it would never return because of what happened.
Source: theconservativetreehouse.com... urism/

I bet the owners of tourism-dependent businesses in Lexington are pretty angry with Red Hen owner, Stephanie Wilkinson. Maybe the local tourism board can bill Stephanie, or the Red Hen restaurant, for damages.

-CareWeMust

can we use a credable news agency please?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob420

the roanoke times IS a credible news source... a local newspaper in Roanoke, Va....

www.roanoke.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

No i am not upset...

You are misrepresenting my thoughts put forth in my post.

What we see is that the right has sunken to the tactics of the left.

Any damages to the town if they exist rest on the shoulders of the right cause they in this case were the ones that boycotted the town and marched with malicious intentions against a whole town and went on a viral online attack even though the restaurant in question had closed it's doors and the manager was kicked off the local business board.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Rainforest Action Network started a national boycott of Burger King because they were buying beef from Amazon rainforest land that had been cleared for beef production....the nationwide boycott worked quickly and BK stopped buying beef from former rainforest land and printed it on their bags. Unfortunately, the rainforests are still being decimated for cattle....and people wonder why we have more more CO2...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join