It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monroe County Sheriff: 3 horses, 2 dogs killed, possibly by ‘a large animal’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I guess someone's got to say it, after all it's ATS....big foot or a family of big feet all hopped up on shrooms and looking for trouble.
edit on 2-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
It sounds like a big cat got loose from somewhere, like a zoo or personal collection. Large tiger, lion, etc maybe even a puma or jaguar.

I can’t think of any North American predator that would or could kill three horses and two dog in one night. Maybe a polar bear and we are way to far south for that or even a grizzly.
We have a few black bears, but they run from dogs. They can be a pest but they aren’t bloodthirsty killers. If I see a bear around camp I usually bang two pots together or holler at them and they take off. Bears are hunted in Kentucky and Tennessee, out side of GSMNP they are not tame. Black bears equate humans with getting shot at.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I guess someone's got to say it, after all it's ATS....big foot or a family of big feet all hopped up on shrooms and looking for trouble.

I thought about it, but you said it. If I’m in the woods alone I try not to think about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I almost posted in the crypto forum because I was thinking about that. LOL !

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Is wasn't to long ago that Grey Wolves were spotted either in Kentucky or West Virgina, not only that but their both breeding with and forming packs with Coyotes.

A far a big cats go, most on the east coast found in northern states originate from Florida, traveling up the tail ridges of the Appalachians in southern Alabama or SE Georgia. From there it's just a hop, skip and jump to the Smokey Mountains.

I'd look for a statement from the local Game Warden, there's bound to be tracks.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
You know we’re all hoping Bigfoot

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

edit on 3-9-2018 by ArchangelOger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I thought I had a chupacabras in my yard turned out to be a raccoon.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I shot a werewolf once, but by the time I got to it, it had changed back into my neighbor's dog.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
A quick look at Kentucky Hunting regulations, coyotes can be hunted year round even at night with certain restrictions. Id lean towards a pack hunter like a coyote. A grey wolf was shot in Kentucky back in 2013 officials were skeptical till DNA proved it was indeed a wolf similar to ones found in the Great Lakes region. Even then speculation was it had been in captivity once. Interesting stuff no doubt

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot
I know of what you speak. Years back a pit bull showed up in our neighborhood frightening most of the folk that lived there. People where cowering on their porches and sounding the alarm.

My cat Lazarus, that I recused after he was found after accidentally being buried at a construction site, was lying on top of my car. When I went out to get him, the pit bull ran over to my yard, and Lazarus was not having that. Lazarus jumped down and gave the poor pit bull a quick double swipe across his nose. He gave out a yelped that could heard for blocks and was off like greased lightening.

Of course this landed Lazarus the label of "That crazy cat", and he remained the neighborhood hero. Lazarus just left us on 08/30/2018. He was 21 years and 3 months old.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Ummm...maybe a very large predator...

A very large...rabid...predator...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
hmm its not a full moon!
did they say if they was all killed the same night?
if over time, could be a pack of wolfs.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It sounds like all the animals were in one place. I can see the dogs being killed if they were protecting the horses. However, it does not make sense for a predator to kill and not eat.

There have been cases of feral dogs in packs killing just for fun- several in my area. A pack of feral dogs would not be afraid of the other dogs.
edit on 9/3/2018 by TXTriker because: additional

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

For those supposing "Grizzly" there are no Grizzly bears in Kentucky- try Alaska and Canada for those. Also for those who guess "Coyotes" the local sheriff"s is quite familiar with animal bites and tracks and they are guessing some kind of big cat. Big cats have been making a comeback in Kentucky over the last few years, as have black bears which have even been seen the last few years swimming back and forth across the Ohio river back and forth between Kentucky and Indiana.

All of the animals were found in the same area early Sunday morning. I find it hard to believe that either a single big cat or bear would kill 3 horses and 2 dogs in one night all alone, and neither the bears or cats have been seen traveling in packs. The local officials guess "cat or some other large animal" but we wont know for sure until wildlife officials from Frankfort have finished their investigation.

I would like to add ( for my own amusement) that if an unknown Cryptid was behind the attacks it would be logical for officials to blame them on a more common large predator so as not to alarm the public as greatly!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
To be fair, my sister has supposed that it must be the Rougarou- because she thinks that I am said Rougarou! I think she's just jealous because my hair grows faster than hers, but whatever!

What is a Rougarou, exactly?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I think she's just jealous because my hair grows faster than hers, but whatever!

Yeah but thats the hair on your palms!!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

For those supposing "Grizzly" there are no Grizzly bears in Kentucky- try Alaska and Canada for those. Also for those who guess "Coyotes" the local sheriff"s is quite familiar with animal bites and tracks and they are guessing some kind of big cat. Big cats have been making a comeback in Kentucky over the last few years, as have black bears which have even been seen the last few years swimming back and forth across the Ohio river back and forth between Kentucky and Indiana.

All of the animals were found in the same area early Sunday morning. I find it hard to believe that either a single big cat or bear would kill 3 horses and 2 dogs in one night all alone, and neither the bears or cats have been seen traveling in packs. The local officials guess "cat or some other large animal" but we wont know for sure until wildlife officials from Frankfort have finished their investigation.

I would like to add ( for my own amusement) that if an unknown Cryptid was behind the attacks it would be logical for officials to blame them on a more common large predator so as not to alarm the public as greatly!

LOL who knows but this story has got me hooked, I dont know but even if were a mountain lion and her yearling cubs could they need and eat that much? I mean on animal shows you see a pride of lions feasting on one wildabeast. Is it possible due to limited area a family would stay together longer?

from wikipedia about cougars

Kills are generally estimated around one large ungulate every two weeks. The period shrinks for females raising young, and may be as short as one kill every three days when cubs are nearly mature around 15 months.[48] The cat drags a kill to a preferred spot, covers it with brush, and returns to feed over a period of days. The cougar is generally reported to not be a scavenger, but deer carcasses left exposed for study were scavenged by cougars in California, suggesting more opportunistic behavior.[68]

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I think she's just jealous because my hair grows faster than hers, but whatever!

Yeah but thats the hair on your palms!!

Excuse me? You are incorrect!
I was referring to the hair on my legs.
Pervert!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I agree! The only North American animals known to hunt in a pack are those of the canine genre (coyotes, wolves, feral dogs, etc.) but I would think if it were any of those the tracks and bites would be easily recognizable.

One thing I do know is that big cats are definitely making a comeback. I actually found some sort of big cat tracks and pointed them out to Groot on one of our hikes through the woods last summer and asked him if there were any large bobcat or cougars native to the area, and when we got home I commenced researching and found that yes there were. I never thought there could be big cats so close to the city! I was born and raised in the country and am fairly good at identifying tracks and signs, but I really wasn't expecting anything like that!

I'm wondering if a group of big cats has bonded together to hunt out of necessity? They are intelligent animals qand big cats in other parts of the world DO hunt in packs- so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Personally I'm still hoping it's Sasquatch though!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join