It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Just to start off I would like to state for the record that this is not intended as a bait thread despite the title and being in The Mud Pit.

Over the last few years the content of ATS has become increasingly political (and extremely divisive) in nature.

People around the world (including in the UK where I am) seem to genuinely hate Donald Trump. His every word and action is dissected and criticised. For a lot of people he can do nothing right - ever.

I can understand why people don’t like him - he can be extremely irritating. My top 5 things to not like about him compromise of:-

1) He comes across as an arrogant bully, constantly spouting off and throwing his toys out of his pram.
2) His Childish social media spats.
3) His ridiculous hair and fake tan.
4) The amount of golf he plays (he may overtake Obama).
5) He can come across as a chauvinist pig.

My point is these are reasons not to like the guy and I get that. However despite what I have listed above I do like the guy! He’s not and never will be my president but I damn well wish we had someone like him.

In my opinion he’s looking out for American interests and values, supporting the military, trying to clear up some of the political shenanigans that plague US politics and trying to fix problems that US policy has created globally over the last 20 years.

Overall I think he’s doing a decent job in a very hostile climate.

What I genuinely want to understand is the reasons why people hate him so passionately and don’t appear to change their opinions no matter what good he achieves.

If people could enlighten me as to why they despise the POTUS so much that’d be fab.

Cheers
Bob

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm like you Bob , I quite like him really , unless he's a you-know-what which hasnt been discounted yet .
"They" dont like him because there's no real fact in their understanding of politics , or people
They'll start with
"This should or shouldn't be this way or that . Idealism has a lot to answer for .

A more considered approach realises a set of circumstances , such as 'Trump's a Northerner the Southerners like , hence a surprise winner" etc
edit on 2-9-2018 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

In my opinion he’s looking out for American interests and values

He's only looking out for right-wing interests and Billionaire interests.

supporting the military

Overspending on the military you mean

trying to clear up some of the political shenanigans that plague US politics and trying to fix problems that US policy has created globally

Trump has caused more Shenanigans than any other President in US history.

+40 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

It's not that he lies, but because he is also honest to a fault.

People don't want an honest person, they want nice words. soothing oration.

It's okay to be lied to if it is said in a smooth cadence.

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
you hate Trump because you were told to and because you follow the MSM like a lap dog

GO FETCH!

gooood booyyyyy

+32 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It does get wondered why some still give him a get-out clause for everything though , when that behaviour borders on the delusional . He is no saint , after all . Or is he ?
edit on 2-9-2018 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Let's see.
Chinese are investing in artificial intelligence while Trump is talking about reviving the coal industry.
The guy is a narcissistic clown. He takes credit for things he had little or no influence on.
Black unemployment as example.
Unemployment in African American community has been on decline for the past 10 years but the clown thinks it's because of his presidency even though he had nothing to do with it.
Same with world economy.
The global economy is good, just like every 7-8 years. Again. Nothing or little to do with Trump.
If Trump somehow wins the 2nd term the economic upswing will stop and start declining as always.

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I was going to correct your post. But then I figured why bother? You aren't in touch with policy . So that makes your politics based only on emotions .

It's really sad that people cannot examine the issues and come to a conclusion based on facts .

But the MSM has poisoned the left's mind to the point where they only think with their hearts not with their brains.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
you hate Trump because you were told to and because you follow the MSM like a lap dog

GO FETCH!

gooood booyyyyy

If you bothered reading the OP you'd know that this is another "dear leader is the best" thread. You guys are making idiots of yourselves

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Did you even read the OP before posting your usual crap grandpa?

link   
If this thread changes one persons mind I will be amazed. It is not in people nature to change... unfortunately

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: toysforadults

GO FETCH!

gooood booyyyyy

If you bothered reading the OP you'd know that this is another "dear leader is the best" thread. You guys are making idiots of yourselves

I don't NEED Trump to make an idiot of myself-. . . . wait.

link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I think its a case of 'Orange being the new black'... LOL.

TPTB, realized that their little lap dogs were getting bored with the old game... so they changed it up.

Anyway... I think Thump just threw a brand new kind of coloured stick on twitter.

GO FETCH!

gooood booyyyyy

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I did not vote for him.
I thought he was a shill put in place to help Killery get elected. I did not like him then but without a doubt he has grown on me.
Some of the things people dislike most about the guy are what draw me to him actually.
I will give you my perspective of why some people hate him:
*First and Foremost:
He ran as a republican. Seriously, some folks in the US would turn their backs on their own family if they said they were republican.
Many have let their "party lines" become trip wires and can't pick themselves up.
*Secondly:
The media (or those who own 90% of American media) tell them to hate Trump. We have some people in this country that actually refuse to think for themselves. They wait on their beloved media to tell them what to think and how they should feel.
You have and will continue to see a lot of evidence for this as the thread moves along.
*Lastly:
Liberal/progressive people are always saying they are for the "little people". 8 years of Obama and the "little people" were no better off than before he was elected. Obama tried very hard to keep people divided, as many on the left seem do.
Along comes Trump and he has accomplished more in 1.5 years (with very little help from our "do nothing congress") than Obama did in 8 years. Their "savior" has been shown to be a HUGE FAILURE and many just can not come to terms with it so they lash out at the guy who is making Obama look bad.
Just my thoughts,
Quad

+12 more 
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Did you even read the OP before posting your usual crap grandpa?

Get off my lawn.

link   

You aren't in touch with policy . So that makes your politics based only on emotions

WTF?! Trump support is only based on emotions. The hundreds of examples of his corruption, crime, idiocy, dereliction of duty and treason and completely ignored because contemporary Americans are so poorly educated they can't even tell they're brainwashed.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH
You should think on getting Tony Blair back as PM, he's the best one ever!!!!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

That makes sense.

Trump isn't divisive.

Trump is the response to the divisiveness that Obama created.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If you're liberal or even left leaning you "hate" President Trump because of incredibly effective psychological programming brought to you by a liberal dominated education system and mainstream media.

It really isn't Donald Trump you hate, though he is your focal point for programmed hatred. If Trump was overtly liberal everyone that hates him, would love and admire him.

Face it, you're just another sheep in the liberal herd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join