It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anti-ageing breakthrough could see humans live to 150

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Full title: Stunning anti-ageing breakthrough could see humans live to 150 and regenerate organs by 2020 'for the price of a coffee a day'
I just want to live healthy until I am dead. Maybe fall over in a back swing of golf or while making love etc etc. I do not know since it is the British news rag called the Mail Online but if true then WTG.

A new technique could see the aging process in humans reduced by 50 years
Researchers from Sydney found mice given the pill lived ten per cent longer
The molecule could also regenerate certain organs by reprogramming their cells
The drug could be available to the public in five years following human testing

www.dailymail.co.uk...

They also said the pill led to a reduction in age-related hair loss, according to The Herald Sun.

I still have hair probably because of all the hours spent at altitude bathed in radiation...hahahahah

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

damm you couldnt retire until you were 120.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I don't even want to turn 40. Hopefully somebody is working on a Kevorkian miracle breakthrough for that

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The saying will be "120 is the new 110"
edit on 2-9-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
To extend natural life time to this degree comes at a price of becoming less alive organically.
The human race will evolve to become the undead.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I would prefer to see some breakthrough on childhood illnesses, and genetic problems.

There is a lot of Centenarians around now, that still have their faculties, from the older WW1 to Depression era.

Some great videos around of 90-100 year old people filmed and interviewed in the late 1920s, that were in the American Civil war....and still remembered events of those days.

I think people have lived a long time for ever.

Not sure of the current Boomers living that long.....we are the chemical generation....Atomic fallout, DDT, Monsanto poisoning, Pollution plus, food additives, Chlorine and fluoride in water, fish mercury......etc etc.

Seems a lot of people are dead in their 60s these days.......

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Great! Double the life span; double the odds of dying in some horrific and agonizing way. No anti-aging pills for me thanks. I'm shooting for natural death in my sleep! It sure would suck to live until 116 years and wind up burning alive in a wrecked car entrapment scenario when I could have died in my sleep at 82 years.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I hope they don't sell it to Soros.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Perhaps for the elite yes, but not for the masses.

This breakthrough, if that is what it is, is going in the opposite direction of depopulation so i very much doubt that should it be real, that it would be avaiable to the masses.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: notsure1

I don't even want to turn 40. Hopefully somebody is working on a Kevorkian miracle breakthrough for that

When you hit 40, you wonder where 20 years went, then you almost hit 50 and it's like another 20 years have gone.

I can see it though...

"You have been found guilty, and sentenced to life. Get the immortality serum. His life will be 200 years from this day."

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
To extend natural life time to this degree comes at a price of becoming less alive organically.

If a fire was eternal, no one would ever appreciate the art of starting one.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Ah ho!
Nice thought experiment provoked by your OP. Thanks!

Here: the ego gets exited at the thought of living longer.
Seems like the ego never wants to die, no?

'Tis interesting to explore these ideas of the body living longer.
Hopefully with the ability to be a little bit active, to the persons will, and not in suffering.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It may be the price of a coffee but we will be paying out of sight.
But the implications are exciting

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

The history of drug development is littered with stories of miracle cures that worked on lab mice but went on to fail in human clinical trials. Great if it works, but I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

If no-one were to appreciate the art of starting a fire, could they perhaps appreciate the eternal fire?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Ah ho!
Nice thought experiment provoked by your OP. Thanks!

Here: the ego gets exited at the thought of living longer.
Seems like the ego never wants to die, no?

'Tis interesting to explore these ideas of the body living longer.
Hopefully with the ability to be a little bit active, to the persons will, and not in suffering.

To experience true ego death, it's not from a thought. And it is one of the most horrible things you will ever experience, leading to something completely different. Be glad a mere thought cannot bring it.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
120 is the new 60
Bro

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: SummerRain

If no-one were to appreciate the art of starting a fire, could they perhaps appreciate the eternal fire?

We marvel at the sun, which is as constant as time itself, above us. It brings life, warmth, and comfort.

but it is still, simply an eternal fire. Only if it were to be gone tomorrow, would we realise it's importance to us. Till then, we do as we always do, and take it for granted.

Imagine how differently we would appreciate it, had we the need to create new suns each morning.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Some people in china claim to be 150 by using certain herbs... Science claims we can do that too , eventually it always becomes a pil for the rich something Big pharma can profit from.

Existing for 150 years might not be the same as living for 150 years.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Existing for 150 years might not be the same as living for 150 years.

That is it in a nutshell.

Most of us don't even live in the short time we are granted. It's a race to the finish line, and at the end, if we're the last ones standing, we only look back in sadness for those who fell before us. there is no "I won, haha suckers!" it's simply the last word on the last page, before the book is closed. Who reads that book with us, wherever we do go, is the ever pondered question.

There needs to be more living, less simply existing. Every passing moment is an eternity. Live within them all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join