It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic anomoly - Base? Aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Good Stuff!

Would you agree that the opening
is 50 to 75 meters across?

Or could it actually be a large
black tank like structure
rather than an "entrance way?
Connected to an aerial array?

Regardless, there is more than meets
the eye, or the printing press in
Antarctica.

S&F
Best to You

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Much of what I see is very terroristrial.

Those 'egg shapped lines IMO, have been made by plough or cultivating discs pulled behind a bull dozer. What purpose they serve I dont know, perhaps to level the ice there for some reason.

The dark bits in MO, is used oil and the red coloured stuff on the fringes of the dark colored stuff is hydraulic fluid. For sure there is an entrance into an undergound facility which IMO is simply an ice covered aircraft hanger and path in into it is the lift off part of the runway.

intersting to see anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Translated text.....

The Kohnen Station is a German polar research station in the Antarctic. It is named after Heinz Kohnen, who for a long time was head of the logistics department of the Alfred Wegener Institute (AWI). The station was built in 2001 on the Queen Maud Land (Norwegian: Dronning Maud Land) from the containers of the former Filchner station, which had to be rescued in 1999. It lies at 75 ° 00'S, 00 ° 04'O at 2892 meters altitude, about 757 km southeast of the Neumayer station. The Kohnen Station serves as a logistic basis for the ice drilling in Queen Maud Land of the European Project for Ice Coring in Antarctica (EPICA). It is a European deep drilling project to reconstruct the climate of the Antarctic Atlantic Ocean sector during the last one hundred thousand years. www.awi-bremerhaven.de...

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
There are UFO shaped bases out there:

www.coolantarctica.com...

www.coolantarctica.com...

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

This video has a drone flying over the area. Many of those poles are actually wind turbines:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I followed Ante's post and found more to explain all that activity.

Too cold in winter At Kohnen Station, researchers are only active in the Antarctic summer – unlike other stations. Ice cores are gathered from November to early February; for the remainder of the year, the inland ice plateau is simply too cold. [...] To keep Kohnen Station running smoothly, convoys of up to six caterpillar-track vehicles – called Traverses – from the Neumayer-Station III pay regular3 resupply visits. The vehicles normally haul entire containers behind them and take roughly ten days to completed the arduous journey across the ice. When people or ice cores need to be transported, the station can also be reached by planes equipped with snow skids, like the Polar 5 and Polar 6.
Source

I was able to find some great images of the station that shed light on your own ones. It looks like an exciting life travelling around Antarctic bases by plane and convoys. No Nazis that I can see and starving Polar bears are the other side of the world.

Leaving for Kohnen

Mad Max 6 - War on Ice

from Antarctic Infrastructure (Twitter)

Taxi is just round the corner...
Aerosoft Community

Some of the red in the 'bloodbath' image will be off these drums (from the aerosoft link) and the rest spillage.

CynConcepts was right about 'red diesel' as the barrels in the image are indeed red diesel.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Mad Max 6 - War on Ice

from Antarctic Infrastructure (Twitter)

Taxi is just round the corner...
Aerosoft Community

Some of the red in the 'bloodbath' image will be off these drums (from the aerosoft link) and the rest spillage.

CynConcepts was right about 'red diesel' as the barrels in the image are indeed red diesel.

An FSX expansion pack? The images you posted are from a game for crying out loud.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Mover3

Bwahahhaahahahaha. You're right about the bottom two. I'll leave 'em up anyway.

Who'd buy that?! Can't see anyone saying, "Hey man, wanna come around mine later and play with my Antarctic ice base model set?" I can half-understand the model railway guys...this one not so much.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The last image a dude has a peg hand... pirates, they get everywhere.

"Right over here Timmy, unload the booty"

"Arghhh me matey."
edit on 2-9-2018 by Mover3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I don't know how I missed it. I'll be honest, my face was the colour of those barrels when I read your post.

Honest mistake, no excuses.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23728960]KansasGirl[/po

edit on 2-9-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: sometimes I have silly ideas hah

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's just the internet dude, no worries... unless the "social credit score" actually becomes a thing and everything you post counts for something.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yeah, you can't spend time on ATS without looking like a dick at least once a month.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I just watched this video this morning, then pop in to ATS and Boom, watched again

It really does look like an excavation, especially when you can see it growing each consecutive year.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It seems to be the Kohnen-Station - The dark rectangle is probably the main building, not a hole.

The row of "peaks" are probably drill holes of sorts.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Dangerops? pragnet sex? will it hurt baby on top of it's head?

Joke aside who knows what it is; a weather reporting installation, a satellite tracking or research facility.

I'll leave my answer to Homer Simpson "well It's not quite a mop, and it's not quite a puppet but oh man tee hee hee...but to answer your question I don't know."

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Its looks like base under the ice like really under the ice till they got into the mantle. I don't know how deep the ice in this area. But I am going to try to do some more analysis on this. Below is a layover of the two images that google earth has one from 2013 were construction was going on and the other from 2016. We can see constrction was happening in 2013 and was completed before the 2016 image. I had to georeferance the two images but I got hella close.

Kohnen-Station, Looks like we found out the mystery LOL

edit on 2-9-2018 by MorpheusUSA because: Mystery Solved.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I actually think it falls within "New Swabia". Just barely. Compare how far New Schwabia carves into the land with the Weddel Sea. It seems to definitely cover the anomaly...

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Joke aside who knows what it is; a weather reporting installation, a satellite tracking or research facility.

I'll leave my answer to Homer Simpson "well It's not quite a mop, and it's not quite a puppet but oh man tee hee hee...but to answer your question I don't know."

Well......if you read the thread before your post you'll see that it's an ice core drilling station.
edit on 2-9-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Marking

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
That's not a base camp, you can clearly see they are Penguins sunbathing.

Kind of a club med for penguins

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join