It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to accept government ethics award from U. of I.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
LOL it gets better by the day as The Autumn Witch of November nears the voting booths.

Now we learn xObama is getting some kind of ethics award from the University of Illinois 😃😃

Yep its the Paul H. Douglas Award for Ethics in Government 😃😃

I wonder if representatives from the IRS, the DOJ, and the FBI are invited ?
(especially the ones who "resigned" or were fired or have pled the 5th)

The DNC should be there too 😃😃 and maybe the Clintons 😃😃

Obama to accept government ethics award from U. of I.

University of Illinois is honoring President Barack Obama with its prestigious ethics in government award, school leaders announced Thursday.

Obama will come to the Urbana-Champaign campus Sept. 7 to accept the Paul H. Douglas Award for Ethics in Government, an annual honor given by the university’s Institute of Government and Public Affairs to recognize “public officials who have made significant contributions to the understanding and practice of ethical behavior in public service.”

The award is named for late Illinois Sen. Paul Douglas and has been given out since 1994. Obama is the 28th honoree.

"well they can always use the event to bash Trump while they're at it !!"

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Paul Howard Douglas (March 26, 1892 – September 24, 1976) was an American politician and Georgist economist. A member of the Democratic Party, he served as a U.S. Senator from Illinois for eighteen years, from 1949 to 1967. During his Senate career, he was a prominent member of the liberal coalition.

Also was a member of the Chicago City Council.

So another Progressive award, like the Nobel prize.

Well, he was amazing as a Progressive, Obama was... fixed nothing, kept the economy dead for 8 years, gave us the UnAffordable Health Care Act.

He deserves this!!!!

Can we please take the Obama icon off of ATS now?

edit on 1-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

LOL! It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we found out that the university, that's in the bankrupt state of Illinois, accepted a bribe from Obama for this "ethics" honor. That's how they all roll!
edit on 1-9-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Sorry for the off topic post

I've heard you mention this before. What is the obama icon?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: Lumenari

Sorry for the off topic post

I've heard you mention this before. What is the obama icon?

Obama's face is the ATS icon for the Politicians and People forum.

I think the next time I have time off of work I'll start an ATS petition...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I feel like a large swath of people here have mental disabilities that prevent them from sensing the real world I don't know it's really weird. like they are brain dead zombies

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Obama getting an ethics award. That is truly pathetic. The guy who weaponized the IRS, BLM, EPA, FDA, etc, etc. to attack his real and perceived political opponents in unprecedented and illegal ways. The guy who ran guns illegally to Mexican cartels for the hope they would walk back and give an excuse to propose vast new gun control laws, also of which got government agents killed in the process from his Obama style of criminal negligence. The guy who often used the information classification system to hide illegal activity by his administration.

And knowing how immoral and unethical Obama is, he would have no guilt or remorse for his actions and gladly accept such an award.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
Ah I know them, I think you´re speaking about the left?

Those that know what´s best for everyone because they feel so?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Well now this would upset me until I put it into context. Chicago giving out a government ethics award is like Stalin awarding a human rights award. Pretty low bar, so yup by that standard I can see it.

Rogues gallery Chicago

Yes a long and distinguished list displaying the finest examples of government ethics. Indeed, Obama fits right in!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

They will probably put him on the $20 bill. Maybe Hillary on the $10.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
And it was like the second coming of Christ with all this hype about the McCaine and Aretha Franklin funeral's. What a desperate stunt of the left.

Bill Clinton was at Franklin's funeral so he must be ok? He can lecture the world again? Look at all the great people there. Hillary, Bill and Al Sharpton. Ha ha ah.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's refreshing to know there are still people in the world who value ethics, decency, honesty --
Things that might be ceasing to matter. We should hang on them as long as we can.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Yep! The “Chicago Way”. Their standards are, shall we say, a bit different.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

It's refreshing to know there are still people in the world who value ethics, decency, honesty --

Things that might be ceasing to matter. We should hang on them as long as we can.

Obviously, the University of Illinois isn't one of them. They prefer to make a mockery of those values.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yup.

zer0bama is the absolute epitome.

He will never be surpassed in our lifetime !! 😁

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Imagine all the institutions who will have major EGG-ON-FACE when Obama's role in breaking federal laws is disclosed.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Obama getting an ethics award. That is truly pathetic. The guy who weaponized the IRS, BLM, EPA, FDA, etc, etc. to attack his real and perceived political opponents in unprecedented and illegal ways. The guy who ran guns illegally to Mexican cartels for the hope they would walk back and give an excuse to propose vast new gun control laws, also of which got government agents killed in the process from his Obama style of criminal negligence. The guy who often used the information classification system to hide illegal activity by his administration.

And knowing how immoral and unethical Obama is, he would have no guilt or remorse for his actions and gladly accept such an award.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC

Also illegally wiretapped a presidential candidate, and not just that, but in a race he had NOTHING to do with.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
B. O. gets an "award" from University of Illinois. So what?
Who, and what are they? I, and many others, have "awards" from more important "organizations" than that of, U of I.
So what? Let him have his award. It's a non-issue. I'm Hopeful he's out of the realm of influence and can just pass away as a "community organizer/insurgent". I'd give him an award for just being quiet. The "Murphy, I say nothing and that's what we wanted", award". Got it all fabricated, right here, he just needs to come and pick it up. Red carpet is ready for his royal a**, anytime! With all honor and respect due, his honor.
OP? B.O. is history. In twenty years nobody will remember him, just like many American Presidents. Every mark he left will be unF'ed by future Pres's. Just like we're still trying to unF Wilson's nonsense.
B.O. was a bad day, nobody in their right mind, wants to remember.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It’ll look nice next to his well earned Nobel peace prize
edit on 1-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: Stupid autocorrect

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join