It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sucks at McCains Funeral

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I can handle it. He's only in my thoughts as I permit.
But that's unimportant. I'm only as important as you want to make me since its you I deal with not the moron.
How much space do I take up in your head huh? Don't say none. That would be a lie. You love coming at me. Every chance you get.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I was drafted but never deployed . I am still upset at the way vietnam vets were treated by our government and many citizens . I am also no fan McCain and never will be . I agree with your post 100 %

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

No one mentioned trump. Lol

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: makaira1985

Bless you. That was kind. My mom had this surgery too and she was bouncing around Disney world the next summer. Of course prayers still go out. It's always scary when a loved one is facing major surgery.
I'm glad you're doing well now.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

RIP, now go away, you were an obstacle. Trump 2020.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: KTemplar

No problems, and I am sure you understand not everyone thinks the same, myself I could not give 2 hoots, I just find it ironic to use the word classy when defending Mr Trump or in this case attacking someone who opposes Mr Trump, it was her families funeral after all, OP often defends "right to free speech" guess she excercised hers in that moment.

I can see this thread is not for me as I am not echoing my love for Mr Trump, I will leave you guys to debate her wrongs.
Well it was her own fathers funeral ... it wasn't classy and it was right in there with B grade Kathy g and Sarah Silverman.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My dad was 82nd airborne. They have 82nd airborne patch on display at the holocaust museum in Florida. My regards to your dad.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If so obvious he was a traitor, why wasn't McCain found guilty of treason and put to death. Another failure in America?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The big question that keeps going through my head is if McCain was friends with Trump would his huge funeral events event have happened? I mean no less than 5 grandiose events so far with the left in full support. I'm thinking this is actually another poke at the President...its all about 2020 in their books.

On the other hand they might be morning a great liberal Senator too, but I get the feeling all the coverage is due to Trump and McCain really disliking each other.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
The big question that keeps going through my head is if McCain was friends with Trump would his huge funeral events event have happened? I mean no less than 5 grandiose events so far with the left in full support. I'm thinking this is actually another poke at the President...its all about 2020 in their books.

On the other hand they might be morning a great liberal Senator too, but I get the feeling all the coverage is due to Trump and McCain really disliking each other.

Is McCain in the dirt yet...or is it still going on...and on...and on?
I'm hesitant to turn on the news.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
If so obvious he was a traitor, why wasn't McCain found guilty of treason and put to death. Another failure in America?

He was captured and used as propaganda since his dad was an admiral. His Bio says " including periods of torture" and that is not true. Typically they would pull a person off the ground and pop their shoulders out of the sockets and let them hang there for a few mins and when they lowered them they would ask for the code of the day etc, and they were instantly given those codes...That is why they are codes of the day and constantly change. John gave up all he could laying in bed with his broken arms and one leg.

After that they were typically left alone or used for propaganda with the ones that were weak. Many including my POWs friends were moved north near China and just endured harsh living conditions for most of their capture. Old John though could have been a Viet Cong movie star with the number of anti American propaganda films he made for them....lol

My hat is off to any one who was a POW, but there is a lack of honor in John's return that was buried quickly once he went down the political road.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
wow this thread has triggered some people I mean you even have posters replying 7 times in a row oh my God it's amazing how mind bending blind some people can be.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Another thing about McCain is other POWs do not really talk about him. It is almost like he wasn't there. Here is a small story about a good friend of mine Dog Brenneman. He got the name Dog because when the guards came by he would bark at them and the guards thought he was going crazy so they would leave him alone. When I flew with him I would stick in the lower window of our aircraft one of those yellow triangle "Dog on Board" signs and everyone knew then who was on board. This below is another POW talking about Dog... This type of resistance was lacking with McCain.

The prisoners at Son Tay got to spend more time outside than in other camps
because the North Vietnamese were enlarging the compound, building a new
interrogation room and a small kitchen-dining hall for the guards. Before
Mo Baker arrived and began his enthusiastic assault on the brick pile, Ralph
Gaither and the other POWs had been put to work building a new compound
wall, about 60 feet beyond the north wall that lay just outside the Opium
Den and Beer House. The interrogation room Mo Baker was breaking up bricks
for and another small cellblock were being built just inside the new wall.

The North Vietnamese were improving Son Tay in other ways. They had the
prisoners plant two steel pipes to hold poles for a volleyball net-so the
guards could play, not the prisoners. One day, Air Force Captain Richard C.
Brenneman, a November 1967 shootdown, brashly shimmied up the volleyball
pole, right in the middle of the compound, and took a look outside the
walls. It was "pretty obvious," a big "no no." A guard in the tower by the
front gate spotted him. The North Vietnamese were "irritated." They threw
Brenneman "under the tower" - a favorite form of torture at Son Tay.
Brenneman was locked up in a small shack for 30 days, baking by day,
freezing at night, choking in the stench of his own excrement. The guards
hauled him out only long enough to beat him when he refused to admit that he
had climbed the pole on anything but a whim. Brenneman took it well, but
finally got an order from the camp's SRO to write an apology to the North
Vietnamese before they broke him and extracted something critical, like the
real purpose of his trip up the pole, or communication methods and codes.
Brenneman wrote the note. It said something harmless like "I'm sorry I was
a bad boy," and the camp commander ordered him to be released.

edit on 2-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You may have some type of complex that makes you feel everything is about trump. (maybe not)

His name was never mentioned once.

Even obama agrees that America was always great.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Is McCain in the dirt yet...or is it still going on...and on...and on?
I'm hesitant to turn on the news.

I think today, but it is an all day event.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Would you care to address why john did not come home earlier than he did givin he had several opportunities but he choose to stay in prison?That is what sticks out to me and seems to contradict your post about him. That and the fact he was beaten and tortured while in captivity according to others and himself.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Plant the man already. Enough of the his life and on to ours.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Would you care to address why john did not come home earlier than he did givin he had several opportunities but he choose to stay in prison?That is what sticks out to me and seems to contradict your post about him. That and the fact he was beaten and tortured while in captivity according to others and himself.

Son of a Admiral comes home early while everyone else stays..great propaganda...in other words he couldn't..

As far as tortured in general goes there is not a lot of information they can give outside of the codes, so yes many were tortured quickly to get codes. After that is was more due to pissing off the guards etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I feel bad for Meghan and I know someday she will weep someday for making a show of her fathers funeral. Sometimes we all do something absurd that we regret later especially under such stress. However, whom ever encouraged this type behavior is disgusting and tasteless. You really took a moment that will haunt his family for years and it definately did not help are garnish support on your quest to coupe the president.
edit on 2-9-2018 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join