It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sucks at McCains Funeral

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Yeah actually there is something bothering me.

My father, a vet who adopted me after he got back from the war is going to have open heart surgery next week. He was Army Airborne, 101st.

He has been and always will be a hero.

He is soft spoken, humble, modest and kind.

He never betrayed his troops, has always served his country, and is an honorable man.

And some douche-bag with a big mouth gets a hero's funeral when he spent the last 4 decades being nothing but a partisan dickhead.

So yeah, kind of pissed off right now.

Right there with you. When I think of heros, I think of all the people I've known that served their country through times where they were considered scum, somehow made it through life without killing themselves from shame or hatred, never put themselves in politics - instead strayed far from it, and today are normally seen with air tubes taped under their noses to breath, hands shaking so badly that they can hardly hold anything much less even feed themselves. These people to me are the real hero's. Not John McCain and his ungrateful family and all the clique pricks who went there to offer support just for the photoshoot.

It's funny how during election times, 'vets' like McCain are unfit to serve as PoTUS because they're potential war mongers but on their death bead and at their coffin, they are perfect specimens of American patriotism gods. He was a TRAITOR!

Leads me to think... "America is great because anyone, you too, could be president one day"! Unless you're a wealthy business man, or a war vet, or a civilian, or anyone who was not a lawyer...

It's crazy how Bush jr was so hated when he was in office, yet he's buddies with the same people that spit on him... I bet he'll get a war hero's send off when he dies.

They took jabs at Trump even at A. Franklin's funeral. I'd be PISSED if someone used my funeral for their grandstanding political BS.

edit on 2-9-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
What the...

Top news story on ATS today is some trump fan calling a grieving widow a 'bitch' and she is the one 'lacking class'?

How absolutely utterly disgusting. This place has become a total cesspool. No wonder the vast majority of people have left, to be replaced by trump apologists and sycophants.

Disgusting, utterly disgusting.

It's almost as good as seeing people defend the actions of taking a grudge to your grave and beyond. Those aren't the actions of a petty man at all. That's exactly what a "hero" would do.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Reading some replies here I'm guessing that McCain's funeral is going to last longer on ATS than in RL. @@

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They all did. It was great. What is appropriate funeral behavior? ...in your own words please.
Seems to me there's a lot of laughing and joking and remembering stories and stressing the high points of a person's life.
There were also a lot of tears. A lot, thousands, of people who wanted to honor his life.
Which cannot be trivialized or reduced to a tweet.
And also can't be tarnished by the likes of this crowd.
But pretty much everybody had a dig at trump for saying McCain wasn't a hero and for not mentioning him when dedicating a building being named for him. There's the pettiness. Not these people remembering and honoring the life of a man who dedicated himself to his country. Trump can't touch that. He never will.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Our tears are always for the ones left behind. The dead don't care.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Still some skin tags hanging on.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think it's fitting that they're going to rename the Senate Office Building the McCain building, since he was an SOB.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Thoughts to your father. It's a very successful surgery so don't worry too much. After his recovery he will be stronger because his heart will be better. My mom had quad bypass and lived twelve more years after that but succumbed to emphysema. But her heart was strong till the end. Your dad will be great

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Bless her heart.

I can understand -- and forgive -- why a heartbroken grieving daughter would think it appropriate, and even perhaps necessary, to stand up for her father and the absolutely vicious, vile, hateful and hurtful attacks raged oh-so-publicly against her father upon his death. Especially at his funeral. Her final farewell to a man she obviously loved dearly.

I not only understand. I would almost expect it. It's more than a little intellectually and emotionally dishonest for anyone to think such attacks will not be answered -- or should not be answered. And if it's "okay" to attack a dead man, then it's certainly "okay" to defend that dead man at his funeral.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RumpleStiltskin

And at no time will anyone ever have those nice things to say about trump and that's what has y'all all tied in knots. You know that no one will honor trump in this way because he is dishonorable. Jealousy is what I'm seeing on these pages.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Got you triggered.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

When did trump live in a hole where he was beaten daily and kept in solitary confinement for five years?
Oh that's right...The COWARD had his doctor make an excuse for him after the government revoked the college exemption to the draft. He never served his country. That's right. Slaps forehead...

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"act" like he cared.

A narcissist can only "act" like they care anyway. They only care about self.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

lets hope you all stay as classy as the man in charge

They already are.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Haha.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Good thing he won't be "inside" too much longer.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hey DB sometimes that procedure can be done via the femoral artery. One of my patients just had it done. If the artery does not have any unusual kinks or curves it can be done that way. I pray it can be done this way and save a lot of discomfort in the long run. Praying for phenomenal outcome!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

She loved her father who was completely dissed by trump. What the # did you guys expect? I mean really. The way you praise the moron in chief for "fighting back" But when someone else does it you get all righteous. The irony. OMG and you don't even see it.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
waaaaaa they said bad stuff . Actually not one mentioned his distasteful name even once.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
All your ranting is opinion and has nothing to do with how successful he is so far in his presidency. Pathetic. Your Bill Clinton has the manners of an angel but the actions of Lucifer and he is just fine. The Black Prince can do no wrong either but when looked under a microscope he fired caring generals and admirals supplanting them with leftist communist backing tendencies toward NWO policy. No one and I mean NO ONE on this site is asking you to like this president based on his personal life. LET HIM GOVERN AND JUDGE LATER ON HIS JOB. I bet you work around some one whom has deplorable life style or opinions but does his job well. Quit with the Narcism accusation as all theses politicians are a bit of that. And as far a Vietnam goes a lot of wealthy people got their kids out. Hell in the civil war a person could pay $300 to buy their way out. Wars are always fought by the poor and that is sad. Maybe if the rich and politicians had to send their kids first they would be less likely to wage it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join