It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile, at the Mall...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull
Haha you nut!!

Oh start that thread, go on haha, sweat shaming will be the new 'in' term, but only in Canada!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Gosh your world seems bleak to me if you are incapable of having natural friendships with people of different generations. It's almost pointless me explaining that in my circles young people are very much part of the group. Who do you think runs the generators and sound rigs for free parties etc, not the 17 year olds, it's us old ones.
Of course we all get on because we like the same music and lifestyle.

It may seem an alien concept to you, but I equally think your generational separation thing as alien. So young people laugh at you, that's fair enough, but please don't project your experiences on to everyone else. In my world it is different and the only rules for anyone of all age is basically don't be a prick and the group will accept you.

I have no truck with people who live in a 'fools paradise'

Good luck to them.......

Oh, and nothing I posted about drinking in bars from age 16 was factually incorrect, I stated a plate of fries had to be purchased as well, and an 18 year old had to be responsible - I kind of assumed it went without saying that the point of sale had to be by the 18 year old.

And the law kind of assumes that when an adult is not around, the

under 18 year old is protected from themselves by putting an age

limit on what they are able to do, and carte blanche on consumption of

alcohol.

I took my son out usually one night on the weekend from age 16, he had brilliant fun with me, my mates, and their teen lads.
My son is 20 now and takes me out instead, I have a fantastic natural relationship with all his mates and they enjoy my company. They drag me out often if I can't be arsed having a pint and their company is a refreshing part of my life.
You may find that hard to believe but I think it speaks more about you than it does me.

If you were female I would use the phrase....*The lady she doth protest too much*

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Oh gosh give it a rest will you. So you don't believe me, get over it, it's hardly the most important thing in the world to disagree about.
I say I have natural friendships with younger people, especially friends of my son and my own friend's sons. You don't think that is possible based on your own experiences and an inability to connect with a different generation.
Cool, disagree as much as you like, why you think I would lie about something so petty I have no idea. You just seem silly to me now.

EDIT

If you were female I would use the phrase....*The lady she doth protest too much*
I'd use the phrase nagging old woman for you, because that's all you've done in this thread lol
...it doesn't surprise me when you say you cannot relate to young people.
edit on 4-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I'd use the phrase nagging old woman for you, because that's all you've done in this thread lol

Thats your opinion which you are fully entitled to. I have no truck with

it as it doesn't effect my life one iota. However show me WHERE I have

ever said......

...it doesn't surprise me when you say you cannot relate to young people.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Ah, you said teens call you old, and you refuse to believe me when I said I'm friends with young people.
I can only assume you don't believe me because you are unable to be friends with folk from different generations?
I really don't understand why you'd think I'd lie about something so petty though, it is silly, it just seems like you are desperate to find something you can disagree with.

Now believe me or not, but nagging on at me because you think I'm lying is lame and pointless.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Two of my favourites. and no not balls, balloons. only balloons.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Ah, you said teens call you old,

Did I? or did I say I am old? because none of the youth in my circle or their

friends refer to me as old.

and you refuse to believe me when I said I'm friends with young people.

No I didn't .... I said you were or maybe living in a fools paradise.

“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

Or, in modern English,

“Oh would some Power the gift give us, to see ourselves as others see us.”

Robert Burns

I can only assume you don't believe me because you are unable to be friends with folk from different generations?

Another one of your assumptions, which you keep repeating. SMH.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
While they might think of me as boring (par for the course with teens)

They probably think of you as a stupid old fool!!!

It was this line especially. You have no idea about my relationships with younger people and have constantly given this attitude like I am lying or something.
Now either believe me or not, but please stop nagging at me over such a petty issue, it really is childish now.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
the celts would probably be saddened to know that Samhain has been reduced to a sex celebration , instead of scaring away wandering spirits that have come through to this dimension from the thinning veil.

How are we meant to scare away wandering spirits with a slutty nurse , slut zombie , or slut cop , or slut cat
and a bunch of fake muscle super heroes or internet memes!

, I wonder if there is a threshold , at which point all the spirits from that dimension are able to walk freely into this dimension from the thinning veil from sunrise to sunset on the 31st of October.

we arent doing a good job of scaring away the spirits anymore
only children really do it now , and even at that they dont do it for the full day
and its only done for candy.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
Kids still wish 'Happy Halloween' here in my parts, not Trick or treat. There are also a lot of local Samhain festivals with drumming and dancing, just need to get off the beaten track to our ancient stone circles.
You are right though, bar and clubland is just slutty nurse zombies etc

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

this year we are having another Samhain celebration at my parents , and we will party from sunrise to sunset , and have a fire burning all day
and we are all dressing up as monsters to fit in with the dead !

no slut costumes or super heroes allowed

only monsters and demons

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Lol, i wonder what people from 80 years ago would think right now

Off and i will yeet away

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join