It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Military Probing Death Notice Hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Military police are currently investigating a hoax in which a man wearing a Army dress uniform served a death notice to a wife of a soldier. He informed the woman that her husband had been killed in action. Investigators are trying to determine who served the notice and if the uniform was stolen.

www.foxnews.com
SAVANNAH, Ga. — Military police are investigating a cruel hoax in which a man wearing an Army dress uniform falsely told the wife of a soldier that her husband had been killed in Iraq.

Investigators are trying to determine why the man delivered the false death notice and whether he was a soldier or a civilian wearing a military uniform.

"We're taking it extremely seriously. Whatever motivation was behind it, it was a sick thing to do," said Fort Stewart spokesman Lt. Col. Robert Whetstone.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is really a new low. How could anybody in their right mind find this funny at all? It is good that the woman was suspicious almost immediately and reported the man as soon as he left. I hope that the track this guy down and throw the book at him.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
This is really a new low. How could anybody in their right mind find this funny at all? It is good that the woman was suspicious almost immediately and reported the man as soon as he left. I hope that the track this guy down and throw the book at him.

This is just disgusting. What kind of mindless git does something like this ?

If he likes dressing up in military uniforms, lets give him one for real and send him to Iraq. I bet he won't be so keen to play games when he's dodging bullets.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I can't believe this is true......how detached do you have to be in order to do something like that? You got the right sentiment there, Pisky.........

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
wtf is going on here ...........spooky and scary was the husband maybe a spec ops person? need more info

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Shocking. If i was the wife i would hunt the person down and make that my life mission so that i could personally rip his heart out thru his nose.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
If he likes dressing up in military uniforms, lets give him one for real and send him to Iraq. I bet he won't be so keen to play games when he's dodging bullets.

Pisky, this is a perfect thought. Let the punishment fit the crime.

top topics

join