It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will C. Todd still think if Mueller releases info past Labor Day it'll be election interference?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well Friday has come and gone, and no bombshell from the Mueller investigation dropped, so it looks like Chuck Todd prediction was wrong.

But lets be honest, people on all sides of the media do this all the time (how many Hannity bombshells fizzled?)

What I found interesting though was Todd's rationale behind his prediction.

He also said Mueller would “keep quiet” between Labor Day and November’s midterm elections so as not to be accused of interfering politically.

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

Now granted, we still have thru Monday, but my question is, if Mueller does release info about his investigation after labor day, will Todd and the media people that agree with him still view that as interfering in an election?

Will they call mueller out for acting politically?

Somehow, I doubt they will.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

media people that agree with him

Who are the ones that agreed with him?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Well the ones on his panel that went along with it.

Publicly I dont know that any other people repeated those exact words, but almost every single news outlet ran the story that said Mueller would drop a bombshell, and they knew the logic was that releasing info pat labor day would be seen as political interference.

But I will concede that they didnt publicly acknowledge that point todd made.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The media will do everything they can to influence the outcome of the election in November.

They will lie, collude, cheat, misdirect.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Apparently, Guiliani said something very similar:

According to Giuliani, Mueller could go dark publicly until after the midterm election in November but still work behind the scenes.

www.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The media will do everything they can to influence the outcome of the election in November.

They already have and will continue to.
They were embarrassed and are bitter.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Well Friday has come and gone, and no bombshell from the Mueller investigation dropped, so it looks like Chuck Todd prediction was wrong.

But lets be honest, people on all sides of the media do this all the time (how many Hannity bombshells fizzled?)

What I found interesting though was Todd's rationale behind his prediction.

He also said Mueller would “keep quiet” between Labor Day and November’s midterm elections so as not to be accused of interfering politically.

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

Now granted, we still have thru Monday, but my question is, if Mueller does release info about his investigation after labor day, will Todd and the media people that agree with him still view that as interfering in an election?

Will they call mueller out for acting politically?

Somehow, I doubt they will.

It is DOJ policy
How it will be enforced is the trick.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I wonder if the two lawyers who just quit are under gag orders so they can't talk about anything?

It seems strange to quit just before everything is supposedly ready to burst, doesn't it?

I'd be interested in hearing from them.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Maybe...just maybe it was these two bozos who leaked some info to Todd, then Mueller found out and banished them.

Hence, the Todd fizzle and removal of two people.

This is just speculation of course and random dot connecting.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Who is Todd anyway? The only one I know is...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

That is their right, and the right of every American.

And so will you and many like you.

So I'm unsure of what the problem really is.

Are you jealous because the men that owns the press have something you don't?
edit on 1-9-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Seriously, that is just ridiculous. The media is supposed to report on unbiased facts as news. Opinions have their place, but for real functioning of the media per its 1st amendment rights it should certainly highlight between the two. All banana republics operate the way you just trolled though.

OP: good question, however I suspect if they do, we will all get served a healthy dose of "What about" and our noses will be rubbed in it as always.
edit on 1-9-2018 by BlueJacket because: sp

edit on 1-9-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Seriously, that is just ridiculous. The media is supposed to report on unbiased facts as news.

The point of the media is to be an extension of the individual's right to free speech. What you believe the media is supposed to be is irrelevant.

Opinions have their place, but for real functioning of the media per its 1st amendment rights should certainly highlight between the two. All banana republics operate the way you just trolled though.

Perhaps you do not understand how the 1st works. There is no differentiation between belief and opinion, in regards to free speech.

I call it freedom. You call it trolling.

That is sad.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I am sure then you find all of the medias complaints about trump attacking them hurting the country to be ludicrous then.

Because you are saying the press is not about reporting news to inform the public, but rather they are just opinion people with a large audience.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It would seem worse for Mueller to “go dark”. Then the main stream media can go hi blast incessantly with “sources on Meuller’s team report (fill in any negative thing about POTUS and GOP)...” until the election.

They will need no evidence. The sources will be “anonymous”. The circus is upon us.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I think we might see more of Muellers team silently depart during this time. It would be the best time to do so and the other 2 likely saw the writing on the wall.

You dont quit a investigation if you believe it's big enough to make your career....you quit one if it's big enough to end it.

This one would be a once in a lifetime opportunity for everyone on the team. You dont quit that if it is going well.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You confuse propoganda and the press. Steering public opinion by a media immersion campaign is certainly NOT an example of an extension of the peoples freedom of speech...that is absurd. It is however representitive of the desire of the private interest that owns these media outlets personal desire for their own aggrandizement.

It is trolling when using ones intellect to steer others for your own agenda, media, people on the internet whatever. Sure its your and the medias right, it doesnt make it right.

edit on 1-9-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I call it freedom. You call it trolling. 

That is sad.

And all along I mistook you as disliking Breitbart and conservative treehouse
Who knew all along you were their champion....wait you not a hypocrite are you?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Indeed they will, just like they did between April 2016 and November 2016...well maybe a lot worse, actually.
It has reached a pretty low place when everyone knows the MSM want one political party to win and will do everything they can to make it happen. Hardly a free press.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Oh my garsh. Did you just pull out a “whataboutism”?

“Could” is not the same as Toad saying there “WOULD” be a bombshell Friday if Mueller had anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join