It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In-N-Out burger chain receives invitation from Alabama lawmaker amid calls for California boycott

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I'm born and bred into Texas life, so no such thing as In and Out here, though we do have WhataBurger.

My wife is born and bred from Cali, met in the Army and now live in Texas. We also have an In an Out up until recently, but its pretty far concerning where I live, 'bout 12 miles out.

She introduced me and I have to admit, I was impressed.

When we heard about the boycott, we decided to lend our SUPPORT and go buy some In and Out. Love it 🤗

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
So why is California demanding a boycott you might ask. Did they kill babies, tell people to stop monkeying around on the job, or maybe refuse to hire illegals?

Nope, they donated $25k to Republicans. That's it, that's their sin. Yes, this is the Democrat party, they jumped the shark.

I think it's clear who the party of division is.

www.foxnews.com...

This is the Democrat party?

I did not see where this boycott was supported by the party.

Did I miss it at the link? If not, can you provide a link?

" the head of the California Democratic Party called for a boycott of the famed burger chain after a public filing revealed that the company had recently donated $25,000 to the state’s Republican Party"

www.latimes.com...#

Democrats are SEEKING TO BAN ANY FORM OF OPPOSITION.

Authoritarian much ?

That's the left's version of "democracy" and "free speech"....ME, ME, ME, ME!!! In power forever, unchallenged... wear you NARCICISSIM proudly...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I heard about this yesterday and went straight to In N Out and got my 3 x 3 & fries and the lines were just as long as they are every Friday. It seems even here in California the average liberal isn't on board with this - California Democrats Boycott Of In-N-Out Backfires Spectacularly. Hopefully a few more will wake up and walk away.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I've heard of people actually trying to do just that for in n out burgers. Or take them on flights as gifts once they arrive.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Impressive thing about in n out, other than their starting salary is close to 15 bucks is that they have their own power generators in case of outages and natural disasters.

When the power was down in parts of LA during some of the worst earthquakes and nobody was open. In n out was and they had a car line over a block long.

When lightning struck two years ago a power transformer and brought down power for 100 miles of road between lone pine and China lake. The only ones with power were in n out. They sold burgers until they had nothing in stock left.
edit on 1-9-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

" the head of the California Democratic Party called for a boycott of the famed burger chain after a public filing revealed that the company had recently donated $25,000 to the state’s Republican Party"

Thanks for the link.

Democrats are SEEKING TO BAN ANY FORM OF OPPOSITION.

Authoritarian much ?

Free speech is authoritarian?

That's an odd position to take.

Also, where was it stated they wanted to ban opposition?

That's the left's version of "democracy" and "free speech"....ME, ME, ME, ME!!! In power forever, unchallenged... wear you NARCICISSIM proudly...

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion based on this.

Again, it appears you may have a twisted view on free speech.
edit on 1-9-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
They came for my hamburgers and no one spoke up...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

"I'll give you my DoubleDouble when you pry it from my cold dead hands"

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: Lab4Us

"I'll give you my DoubleDouble when you pry it from my cold dead hands"

Give me Combo #2 or give me death!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: cancerslug

It's not whether people are following it's the very fact it's being called for.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Because you see what you want to see.

Democratic leader's call for In-N-Out Burger boycott meets its own resistance

the head of the California Democratic Party called for a boycott of the famed burger chain after a public filing revealed that the company had recently donated $25,000 to the state’s Republican Party.

www.latimes.com...

Can't do quotes.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
In n Out is a good burger. In Texas we have a hot debate over In n Out vs Whataburger. I fall on the whataburger side due to the options for stuff to have on my burger (i need green chile's or jalapenos at a minimum).

My son...he's In n Out. So when we travel down through Austin or over into Killeen, its a debate: In n Out or Whataburger. Now that he's grown and has a good job, it just tell him whoever pays chooses.

More on topic: to boycott over accepting donating to a political party is as stupid as it gets.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Boycotting for something like this is asinine. Nothing less.

Calling for a boycott, and thinking it might actually work, is just as asinine...if not more so.

If anything, it'll send more business their way...humans being the contrary critters that we are.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

this isn't free speech, this is suppression of same.

I can see boycotting a segregated lunch counter, or KFC cuz they mistreat their chickens, but boycotting a business just because they gave money to another party or candidate?

dems run California. will they start blocking Republican-supporting businesses and people? where does it stop?

somebody (might have been me) said that for the left politics is the equivalent of religion, and many of them are fanatics. they are right and holy and anyone who disagrees is foul and evil and stupid so its okay to treat them like dirt.

how long before California forces Republicans to wear yellow stars or something.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

how long before California forces Republicans to wear yellow stars or something.

I was thinking a scarlet letter "R"

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

It is not suppression of free speech. Its using free speech in response to another using theirs.

People have a right to boycott. And i have a right to say they are scatocephalic morons.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes.

Fascists also have a right to free speech.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

[/post]

It is not suppression of free speech. Its using free speech in response to another using theirs.

who wants to live in a country where everyone's political donations are public and folks start picking and choosing companies based on that?
when do the California democrats start producing lists of 'safe' and 'boycott' businesses and services? will antifa start blockading Joe's Tire Shop cuz he gave $25 to the Trump campaign?
not sure if this is suppression of 'free speech' but it's wrong and troubling however its defined.
edit on 1-9-2018 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
conservatives have more staying power, more resilient and libertarian's should be all about forging your own path

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

who wants to live in a country where everyone's political donations are public and folks start picking and choosing companies based on that?

Much of the population doesn't care and many of those that do quit caring after a few days. If it was a really big deal then thing would be different today.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join