It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1975 Espevær UFO landing revisited - UFO impression still visible 40 years later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Here is a 1975 UFO landing story that I heard about as a kid, the impression of the UFO is still visible, 40 years later. Pictures in the link.

Translated article link

-MM
edit on 1-9-2018 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2018 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Inexplicable ring

A October day in 1975 a large strange circle appeared on a Åkerkve, a bay where the islanders gladly celebrated St. Hans. A deep silt in the earth was ringing around the whole ground. Someone who walked up to a mountain cliff nearby could see an oval circle with a diameter of 63 meters.

- The ring was completely symmetrical. The grass lay flat in the same direction, said sailor Normann Larsen (52) as he paced around the strange ring.

Sounds like a leap of faith to explain a mysterious ring with 'flying saucer landing.' On the same evening that this ring appeared a passing ship described a very bright light landing in the same area. According to the article it was written in the log book due to being so unusual. In another article, there's mention of more than one boat seeing the light and apparently dogs were restless.

In this photograph from the time, there are clearer edges where the ground was freshly depressed.

Source.

There's some aerial video of the circle here.

edit on 9.1.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thats oval is very symmetrical... damn near perfect in fact.

Any known cases of this happening naturally?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I thought the same thing. Very symmetrical.

You'd want to know if any timber long houses had ever been built there in the past. Excavate down to see if there's any structure. It's bloody large. I wondered about boat burials and the size and location rules that one out.

Odd shape for boats or buildings. Colour me puzzled.

ETA - looking at the video, I wonder if it was once a wall that's since been dismantled? There are lots of rock piles nearby that might have been part of a dry stone wall.
edit on 9.1.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Very true.
That would had been one huge long house though!
The long palace haha

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Looks like a great place to spend an evening or go star spotting.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Thats oval is very symmetrical... damn near perfect in fact.

Any known cases of this happening naturally?

And you can judge the perfectness from the photos/video?

A bit googling shows that they even have UFO signposts for the tourists, err, I mean UFO investigators.

So I'd go with human made attraction.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Viking long house ? Very likely.
Viking longhouses were burned and buried in funerals

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Very true.
That would had been one huge long house though!
The long palace haha

In Winter, they would have taken all the animals inside, there would be pens along the edges. In the center there would be a fireplace and chimney. Family members would have beds on one end and the door at the other.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

From your source...

The grass lay flat in the same direction, said sailor Normann Larsen (52) as he paved the way for the strange ring.

Does that mean he mowed the ring area So that it is easier to see?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Inexplicable ring

A October day in 1975 a large strange circle appeared on a Åkerkve, a bay where the islanders gladly celebrated St. Hans. A deep silt in the earth was ringing around the whole ground. Someone who walked up to a mountain cliff nearby could see an oval circle with a diameter of 63 meters.

- The ring was completely symmetrical. The grass lay flat in the same direction, said sailor Normann Larsen (52) as he paced around the strange ring.

In this photograph from the time, there are clearer edges where the ground was freshly depressed.

Source.

There's some aerial video of the circle here.

Interesting about the ship log!

What gets me is why would a flying craft land and make such an extensive 'depression' in the ground...perhaps the whole craft, perhaps not, but in any case why?? ....it doesn't seem like the best idea in the engineering of a landing device where such a large area is involved.
Alternatively it could be the marking of a propulsion system of some kind.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Interesting story and thread, haven't seen it posted yet but I think the coordinates below indicate the correct location on Google Earth:

59°35'42.78"N 5° 8'51.57"E

The impressions or outlines seem to be faintly visible in the satellite imagery from 2010. Click thumbnail below for a larger version of a Google Earth screenshot.

edit on 1-9-2018 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
thats looks nothing like any trace case i have ever seen, this looks more like someone carved a trench in the ground with a pointy tool

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I don't care how many people come up with reasonable explanations: It was faeries... or aliens.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Bright light as reported by a ship log?

Well, to corroborate that, we need to know the ship and have a copy of the log.

Also, why couldn't this just be the aftermath of a small brush fire?

Yes, the shape would indicate something else was there. So, maybe someone had an old junker boat, they put it upside down in the spot, then burnt it to ashes. The ring around the outside would be where the soil was dried out and carbonized near the edge of said boat hull, so as to prevent regrowth.

Burn boat to ground, use leaf blower or rake to disperse ashes, no evidence.

This is more likely than extraterrestrials, even though it sounds weird.
Remember, aliens, is the last option of consideration, in responsible analysis.
edit on 2-9-2018 by Archivalist because: g

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I was gonna post this story but then I found out that it was posted already.

Anyway, according to the Wikipedia article in Norwegian they say that an object weighing 50 tonns would have been needed to make that depression. I also recall reading somewhere that people's fuse boxes shorted during the night in question. Quite fascinating. Would love to go there some day!

new topics

top topics

join