It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My therapist wants me to do this

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You did all you could in that moment. You shouldn't feel guilty about that.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Dude if I am ever dying on street like that, please tell me IT WILL ALL BE OKAY instead of the blatant, ugly, harsh truth and making my last moments more horrible.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
he asked if he is gonna be ok and you said yes.
life isnt ok, it is full if attachments and suffering and you knew you wont be ok. that's bothering you.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think you showed great self-possession during this event and should congratulate yourself of that count.

However, this 'lying' thing appears to be 'eating at you' and your therapist (who you hate???) recognized it and gave you direction that you proceeded to implement here. Also a skillful behavior.

Is he okay? Is that even a relevant question? Death is part of life and therefore is okay, a natural outcome.

When an incident such as you describe happens and consumes me - it's a signal of something I'm not doing (physically or mentally) well. First question - what are you afraid of - what is the effect on your life - what purpose does it serve your life and/or ego to fixate on this point in time? You cannot change what happened. You can accept it and learn from it - but by 'beating yourself up' about it you are continually bringing the past into your present thereby taking up time and energy from your current needs - perhaps distracting yourself from something you need to but are not willing to see at this time.

This is victim mentality.

Heck you don't have a clue of what this person meant by 'okay' - you 'seem' to assume okay means to remain alive? You cared about and stay with someone during there last moments - gently and calmly - who could ask for more?

There is more here.... be a hero and explore ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join