It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Beautiful Story: The Forest Man

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
In 1979, a teenager in India became so concerned with soil erosion that he planted a few trees.

Over the next four decades, the man dubbed the forest man... Jadav Payeng continued to plant and now he has single-handedly created a forest bigger than New York’s Central Park. His endeavours on Majuli island in northern India went entirely unnoticed for decades.

Forty some odd years later this island is populated by elephants, deer, rhinos and even tiger

And of course, as our species always does... there are those that seek to harvest, and poach on this island...

The threat now comes from man who would ‘destroy the forest for economic gain.’ He continued: ‘There are no monsters in nature, except for humans.

Humans consume everything until there is nothing left. Nothing is safe from humans, not even tigers or elephants.

I found this little documentary tonight and was inspired to write this thread...

An amazing example of what just one man can do

This is his story...

The Forest Man

edit on 1-9-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I watched a documentary about this and he is a wonderful man. It just goes to show you that one person with persistence and intention can change the world, or at least part of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is prime example how one individual through completely selfless actions can make a real difference. This person is a King above a president.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I watched a video about this story last month!
Beautiful human being!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Nice story, thank you for making this thread. It is sometimes easy to forget how utterly amazing and beautiful this planet is.

I've spent a lot of time around the Cascade and Olympic forests and the trees there are wonderful! Not just the trees but the entire forest.

Trees make their own weather;
Make it rain: Planting forests could help drought-stricken regions

Trees in the Amazon Generate Their Own Clouds and Rain, Study Finds

Trees also communicate with each other, not just with their own species but with other species and not just with plants but fungi as well.

edit on 9/1/2018 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Metatron and the tree of life owe forest man a place amongst the heavens.

S&F
Thanks for that OP.

top topics

join