It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news makes fun of former actor who now bags groceries; at least he doesnt work for msm

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Here's the trick to the MSM or any source of news.

When you accidentally read it, and it has some story about how bad the world is and you get stressed out from it go outside and take a look around.

Unless you live in a 3rd world country or an absolute ghetto. Chances are reality will be vastly different from what the news says it is.

I find trusting my own eyes and ears is the best news source.

News says Rape Culture is out of control. All men are rapey.
Weird. I don't see it.

Homophobia and sexism out of control? Where exactly?
I don't see gays being bashed let alone called names. I don't see men behaving any different to women.

Racism is keeping black people down?
Weird see nobody holding back the local Aboriginals where I live. Well maybe except for themselves. They have all the opportunities I do to boot.

And more.

But no, according to the news we all have a raping, fascist, misogynist, paedophile, racist bigot living next door to us.

Now do bad people exist? Sure. Does bad things happen, to men, women children, black, white and Asians etc. etc. alike? Certainly.

But it's NOT as rampant as the news and related media say it is.
# me. I'd never leave the house if it was 1/4 as bad as they make it seem to be.

So if you can see it's not. Why do you buy into it? Why do you believe it? Why do you act on it?

That's the trick. Thinking for yourself. Realizing there is an off switch. Walk away. Understand the News is not there to inform you. It is there to make the people in charge of it money.
And people love drama, scandals and other peoples dirty laundry.

This is why so called news these days has these garbage tabloid stories about 'washed up actors'.
Because some half brained high school drop out with 10 kids that buys womens gossip magazines will stop at their site and take the click bait, and occasionally semi intelligent people out of curiosty.

And well, threads like this one all over the net, from ATS to Reddit and every forum inbetween feeds it.

I didn't know about this until this post was made. Pretty sure plenty of similar posts are elsewhere.
How may free traffic and clicks do such posts like these then generate for that site everyone is saying 'is bad'???

You're giving them a huge amount of revenue. Even if you are complaining.

Seriously, they do it because you respond EXACTLY how they want you to respond.
No such thing as bad publicity remember?
Threads like this and people discussing it not only makes them money, but saves them a tonne on the process because free advertising.

lol, same for politics and so much else. You all play the game. They manipulate us and you let them do it.

Want to win? Stop playing. Or at least play by your own rules, not theirs.
See I didn't click that link. I never will.
Just like how I don't buy stuff from companies I don't like.

I don't just whine on a website. I do something about it.
What are you going to do about it?

If more people did a little less conversation a little more action, we might actually see an end to bull# like this in the world.

So yeah blame Fox and CNN and everyone else. But while you're at it blame yourself too.
Because we're the real problem and cause, but we're also the solution.

Seems so simple. Don't realize how people just don't seem to get it.
Especially the ones who seem to show signs of intelligence, yet still jump head first into the trap.

#ty News? Don't put up with it.
#ty Government? Don't put up with it.
#ty anything? DON'T PUT UP WITH IT.

But please. If you're gonna sit there doing the same # day in, day out, just complaining and nothing else, then you really have no right to complain I feel.

What are you? Cause. Problem. Or Solution? What do you want to be?

Man, I'd love to see a forum where instead of discussing crap, whining and fighting and nothing else people would team up to work on fixing the problems that clearly effect us all regardless of your team colours or label you give yourself.

Any wonder we're going backwards?
edit on 2-9-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos as usual. probably more in there lol. but hey not like you'll actually read what I wrote.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Instead of posting idiotic comments and speculation about this guy why not do some research ???????

Here is profile from IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) - has data for movies, TV shows, actors, directors, etc

www.imdb.com...

States is son of Major Harris, Congressman from Brooklyn

Looking over resume can see has been working steady for last couple of years

My take is just trying to stay busy between gigs ……….

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I was checking out what the people at CNN were saying and found an interview with this actor featured in the OP.

It's actually a good interview, with a positive message, and things are looking good for him now...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Shame! He quit his Trader Joe's gig because of all the publicity!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Shame! He quit his Trader Joe's gig because of all the publicity!

Do you blame him?... They said for him to consider it a temporary leave of absence, and he could come back whenever he wants.

As a result of his job-shaming he has received an outpouring of positive support, and offers for acting work. He also explains why he was working there in the first place, several posters in this thread got it right.

Anyway, something good seems to have come from something bad here, that's not bad news.
edit on 4-9-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Do you blame him?...

Not really, but it's still a shame that it came to that.

They said for him to consider it a temporary leave of absence, and he could come back whenever he wants.

I didn't hear that in the YouTube clip. That sounds like the company let him go, temporarily.

As a result of his job-shaming he has received an outpouring of positive support, and offers for acting work.

I expected that.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

From the linked news item (has more than video)

I resigned because I didn't feel that for my peace of mind and my dignity that I was going to be able to function there in a positive way, spiritually and emotionally ... '[Trader Joe's] said instead of leaving, why not just call it a temporary leave of absence. I can go back whenever I want."

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Fox news the preferred outlet of the president.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

May turn out all right

Actor, producer, director Tyler Perry has offered him a job on show is shooting for OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join